Getting one shot by Kole

"
What the heck!? When I play hardcore my only guideline for HP is to have 1k per difficulty by Act 3.

I normally start mapping around level 62

Obviously this guy doesn't have immortal call setup else Kole couldn't have possibly one shot him with physical damage.

Also, if you are in Bloodlines, pick up a couple of Tasalio's Signs. They are incredibly underrated. And they turn anyone with a 6-7 evasion nodes into quite the tank.

Well, there you go. Everything was going according to plan, I was planning on killing Piety, getting my 2 points, then start grinding maps. Obviously you don't believe me, but as I said I got 1 shotted by Kole and yes, it is true. I had a classic CWDT set up with EC-IC-ID. But it didn't trigger simply because 1 shot was enough to rip me. Believe it, or not, but I wouldn't create this thread if I died due my stupidity or recklessness. I played carefully, yet died after Kole reappeared after a dsync and got 1 shotted by him. That s why I created this, so hopefully with a support of other players the developers could bring this to their attention and nerf his damage at least a little bit so he doesn't 1 shot players with 3k+ hp. Or, instead of nerfing his damage, they could work on fixing his dsync and laggy issues. But I am sure it would be much more simple for GGG just to nerf his damage for 10-15%
"
I don't think anyone here gets the point the TC is trying to make.

Everyone is just ignorantly assuming things and are obviously not reading his post/illiterate.

He just said he got killed in 1 hit after a lag spike (or desync according to later posts) had Kole appear next to him and hit him. I agree that it is outrageous that a boss that isn't from a map could 1 hit kill you if you just because you are unlucky and the game desynced or lagged. 3k HP is good, especially after all the HP node nerfs that have occurred in the past.

Level 62 or 70 really makes no difference. 8 levels isn't going to make someone that much more of a tank. 3k HP is good. If his gear is providing that much he's done something right. Needing godly gear to give you 4-5k HP at the TC's level to deal with Kole is ludicrous.

This person wasn't a idiot that went to melee Kole. This person was playing smart by using hit-and-run tactics against Kole, and should not have been taken down in 1 hit with 3k HP. The TC's HP should have been enough to take at least 1 hit, and be able to run.

It really is a problem when this game has a non-map boss that consistently deals enough damage to 1 hit kill tanky characters, especially since desync and lag is still a server side issue too.

Since desync and lag is going to be fixed anytime soon, damage should be adjusted better. It hasn't been yet, but I'd like to think GGG considers these things and will eventually adjust damage dealt by unique monsters like Kole.

Finally! Thank you! At least someone is with me on this one. I really hope GGG will work on fixing dsync issues, maybe recreate the environment, giving a player more space to move around(like Promenade map for example). I have noticed maps such as Villa also desync like crazy, it is something to do with the door entrances/textures. Hopefully, we get to see those changes next Patch 1.4.
"
I can't believe you guys are saying Kole is dangerous. He's not. Huuge lag spikes aside. Do you have curses? Do you have puncture? Do you have freeze? Do you have Granite flask? Do you have immortal call? Do you have stun threshold reduction? Do you have DPS? I mean it just goes on and on, all the ways to disable him.

I understand you want to sound cool and Pro at this game, like he is not dangerous at all, Of course he is. If he wasn't I would never been 1 shotted by him. If he wasn't dangerous he would deal 2k flat damage and that would be enough to kite and restore some HP. And even if his damage was reduced by 25% he would be STILL dangerous, but not as deadly. Maybe you are the one who goes to kill him on lvl 90 with 5k hp on standard, I don't know. I have been playing on Hardcore with self found items, this was my gear.

Running AA 11 obviously did nothing there, so it s not worth mentioning.
In my opinion, yes, the gear is not nearly as good to do higher maps than 66-67. But I was doing quite well, I managed to kill every mini boss and voidspawn of Aba, I had freeze, my totems were dealing % of damage as cold(Hatred gem). I don't think my gear and DPS was that bad after all. DPS of 1 totem was about 4.5k with 6 power charges and 3.5k without them. that s 7k and 9k if I cast 2 of them. So question is, why does the game not giving me any chance and insta kills me? Actually look up Kripparian's death by Kole on youtube. He also got instakilled by him. And I think he had even more HP than I had. So please, stop saying he is not dangerous, he is. We get it you are a pro and a hero and Uber Atziri is probably a piece of cake to you but we are talking about regular players with regular self-found gear. The game should give a player a second chance instead of insta ripping him, especially if it was due a dsync/lag.
I think there's nothing wrong with having bosses in the game that can oneshot you even if you're tanky. The game provides more than enough means of counter play, blind and enfeeble being the most obvious ones. You apparently knew that he hits like a truck (it seems to me he has a pretty high crit chance), so I wonder why you haven't used any countermeasures? You say there was nothing you could do but that's just plain wrong. You know he hits like a truck, you know he's prone to desync, yet you just yolo'd it because you were able to kill him in the past without problems. You took the risk and you lost. I see nothing wrong with that.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
I think there's nothing wrong with having bosses in the game that can oneshot you even if you're tanky. The game provides more than enough means of counter play, blind and enfeeble being the most obvious ones. You apparently knew that he hits like a truck (it seems to me he has a pretty high crit chance), so I wonder why you haven't used any countermeasures? You say there was nothing you could do but that's just plain wrong. You know he hits like a truck, you know he's prone to desync, yet you just yolo'd it because you were able to kill him in the past without problems. You took the risk and you lost. I see nothing wrong with that.

Yes, I knew, and yes I was taking safety precocious, yet yes I yolo'd(carefully) because I knew I could do it. And I left him less than 5% of HP by the time I was dead. I knew he would hit very hard, but I didn't expect him to 1 shot me. Apparently, he did crit because usually he doesn't deal so much damage. I think the game shouldn't have bosses that can 1 shot you(except for Uber Atziri where the loot is worth the risk). Kole literally never drops anything good and all of that is that I wanted was the challenge.
Let s not even talk about my case here, I died and there is nothing I can do about it, nor I really care about that 62 lvl character anymore. What I do care about is the mechanics of the game. It s way dis-balanced. One minute you are destroying everything on the map, everything just flying to pieces and you get like 0 damage from mobs. And next moment, out of nowhere there is a charger with an extra damage aura and otherwordly bloodline mob coming out of nowhere and hits you for 2.5k hp. See, this game is very easy, in my opinion and there are only a few bosses/monsters that are 5 times more dangerous than the other ones. It shouldn't be like that. The game should be evenly balanced, so it doesn't create that illusion for the player that the game is easy and next second it insta rips you. It s just a very cheap and bad way to go for a videogame, especially this genre. Not to mention, lag issues, dsync and client crashes also do not help to create a friendly atmosphere for a player.
Last edited by Dr1MaR on Feb 21, 2015, 7:13:05 AM
If i learned something with this game, it's always play with fear, never think you're overpowered, but i agree with you, they can change the mechanics to never have one shot kill, if the char is weak he'll die sooner or later and with not a one shot, but by simple mob
3k hp and arctic armour was fine here. It wasn't skill related either looks like pure desync

I would have recommended a belt of the deceiver or whatever the 30% crit reduction one is. You probably took a desync crit shot to the face.

Anyhow good luck with your next character.

Edit: I'm level 72 with 3.6k hp and level 11 AA (dual Shockwave AoF totem) and i still run when I hear those footsteps.
Last edited by link1313 on Feb 21, 2015, 12:14:47 PM
There is no shame in running, only the living celebrate tomorrow.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.
Many arpgs/rpgs are designed in such a way that all of the creatures within are meant to be overcome by force. PoE is NOT one of those games, and Kole is NOT one of those critters. Pick your battles carefully and survive.

Be well.
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
I think the game shouldn't have bosses that can 1 shot you(except for Uber Atziri where the loot is worth the risk).

Why do people keep saying it? If you had more life then that boss wouldn't have 1-shot you. There are players who have 10k+ ES and probably not a single monster 1-shots them - so the game is fine I guess, because there actually aren't any bosses that can 1-shot them?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info