Race Season Ten Prizes, Patch 1.3.0k and Cheating

"
Magnicon wrote:
- Cheats GGG can detect = ~3.5%
- Cheats they can't detect = ?
- Multi-Action macros = ?
- RMT = ?

There was an anonymous poll on who was cheating on reddit, and on that it was about 5% that was running cheats. Now considering the redditors are generally the more advanced part of the playerbase and that GGG probably count a lot of inactive or nearly inactive accounts, I think 3.5% sounds like a ballpark figure.

But yeah, there's probably stuff they can't detect, but if they atleast manage to detect the maphackers I'm elated :) maybe I'll manage to do better in races now :)

Another thing I wonder about are false positives of the detection scheme. It didn't flag me atleast, and since there's no major outcry on this thread I guess it didn't falsely flag anyone else here either. Just hope anyone that gets falsely flagged properly reports this to GGG so they can tune their detections.
Designer of The Broken Crown
Designer of The Sigil Divination Card
https://www.reddit.com/user/ThisIsABuff/
"
Perq wrote:
"
Frequently requested quality of life issues will be addressed, don't worry!

Just afer trade being done Soon™. While I fully support the anti cheat hype, I don't quite believe anything will be done any time Soon™. Sorry for saying that, but there is so much QoL waiting to be done for years, and nothing is done about it. So another post saying that it will be addressed Soon™ means nothing at this point.

If you read very closely you'll realize "soon" is nowhere to be seen in that phrase.
"
Man, all of this bollocks:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/889669
"
Chris wrote:
Trust the client. This means people can cheat, but the results are instant. We will not do this.

And it turns out that people can cheat anyway:
"
Chris wrote:
Users who ran cheating software such as maphacks have not been awarded Alternate Art Demigod's Eyes.

We need a Scumbag Steve image macro for GGG which says:

Won't fix desync by trusting client because worried that it will make it possible for people to cheat.

Possible for people to cheat anyway.

I loled pretty hard buddy :D
Aaron Ciccheli, a guy who made millions running Diablo and PoE RMT sites, owns a significant portion of GGG. How's that for a conflict of interest? 7.5% of your supporter pack money goes to this guy.
I don't understand why you give them a warning even. Ban those fuckers =(
I'm happy that there's finally something happening, tho I'd have liked that those people get banned right away, they've probably used those things in forever and they knew its not ok to do so.

TOILETTE  BRUSH  BOYS

@Etti
"
Josephoenix wrote:
GGG's stance on cheating and the ToU haven't changed in quite some time. So my question is as follows:

Why did GGG decide NOT to ban these accounts, when they clearly broke the ToU?

Problem #1 - They can't proof it. They can't be sure 100% about player X using cheat Y. Just can't. It's impossible. Alot of 3rd drivers, software, scripts etc. reading memory, and most of them can wright in memory too. For sure GGG have a "white list" from some of the big company who provides such services "white list" but as i said, alot of other "indy" software or selfmaded software can't be in this "white list" cuz no one know about it. If you decide to go to court, the respondent will have to prove his innocence, but it ...

The problem #2 - GGG don't need to proof you cheater you or not. No one care about it. If they decided to ban your account, you pretty much can't do anythink. You do not go with this to court, there are no real laws protecting the rights of players, but full of those that entitle holders to do in their projects that they want. So if you be banned, just admit it. No matter how many money you invest to this project (probably i'm wrong in this part, if you donate more than 1k$ maybe you have a less chance to be banned who knows... Loyal players and customers always have a prior), if owner decides to ban you GLHF bro.

The problem #3 - Couple of % from the count of cheaters is a legal players, but they are forced to use some 3rd software that will help them with problems: loot filter, effects filter, - these problems are present from the very beginning of the game, but the developer for the past 3 years, does not want to decide what to do so that players spend 10 hours a day playing the game and are constantly faced with these problems?

Anyways guys, i think cheats like maphack, speed hack, radar hack - it's a real problem ONLY for COMPETITIVE part of this game, where players competing with other players for real and not real rewards. And features like: radar on minimap, full life bars on mobs and %life, customizable item filter, customizable effects (look at Marvel Heroes), NORMAL zoom - should be a deployed by GGG.
Aaron Ciccheli, a guy who made millions running Diablo and PoE RMT sites, owns a significant portion of GGG. How's that for a conflict of interest? 7.5% of your supporter pack money goes to this guy.
Last edited by Pibadi on Jan 20, 2015, 1:58:56 AM
"
Pibadi wrote:
"
"
Chris wrote:
Trust the client. This means people can cheat, but the results are instant. We will not do this.

"
Chris wrote:
Users who ran cheating software such as maphacks have not been awarded Alternate Art Demigod's Eyes.

Won't fix desync by trusting client because worried that it will make it possible for people to cheat.

I loled pretty hard buddy :D

This wins
Well I had a lot of fun this season. Cheaters didn't diminish my fun in any way. They don't affect me, so whatever. I race against myself and for fun. As long as I'm enjoying the game I don't really care what other people are doing.

I suppose the worst thing about cheaters is that it forces GGG to put resources into prevention/detection when they could better use those resources for other things.
"
cryptc wrote:

There was an anonymous poll on who was cheating on reddit, and on that it was about 5% that was running cheats. Now considering the redditors are generally the more advanced part of the playerbase and that GGG probably count a lot of inactive or nearly inactive accounts, I think 3.5% sounds like a ballpark figure.

Well, as the detection is running for like... i don't know, week? Then the correct percentage would probably be number of flaged people compared to accounts being online during that period.
"
"
Chris wrote:

"
Chris wrote:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info