Doe's "Cluster Bombing Witch" GrandMaster LowLife | 9.2K ES | 80K+ KB PRC GMP | lvl 21 AA

"
ElPuppet wrote:
Thanks for a great guide + build.

Have just got my first Shavs after trading a bit better in Torment this time around - and am keen to run this.

About level 25 right now - any advice on leveling? Am using Fairgraves, 2xBlood Boils, Wrath/Herald of Ice and Kinetic + Weapon Ele Damage to try and make the most of early elemental damage, but still feels a little slow leveling.

since we are critbased u could lvl with a volls using cast on crit setup.
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Hey man thx for posting this build. Was hoping to get your feedback on 3 questions.

1. Why do u use nerfed crit multi instead of faster attacks. Shouldn't FA result in at least the same dps and also make reflect safer?
2. Why did you choose a prophecy wand instead of an imbued wand. Shouldn't you end up with less dps this way?
3. I can afford most of the gear for this build but not rings with mana regen. Do you recommend using the BM keystone in this case or staying with mana and dropping arctic armour?

Thanks in advance!
IGN: Ghost_Prototype (100 Shadow - Std)
Remember The Name - Endgame mapping guild. Thread - #1196726
Last edited by GnGEmpire on Feb 19, 2015, 12:31:56 AM
"
GnGEmpire wrote:
Hey man thx for posting this build. Was hoping to get your feedback on 3 questions.

1. Why do u use nerfed crit multi instead of faster attacks. Shouldn't FA result in at least the same dps and also make reflect safer?
2. Why did you choose a prophecy wand instead of an imbued wand. Shouldn't you end up with less dps this way?
3. I can afford most of the gear for this build but not rings with mana regen. Do you recommend using the BM keystone in this case or staying with mana and dropping arctic armour?

Thanks in advance!

1/2) Iam playing with inital damage. (Old D2 Player logic) CM helps to kill in less hits. That's also the reason for my wand choice. eg prophecy kills in 1-2 hits while imbud or aps based wands need 2-4.
I also got problems that i only have 3.5 APS instead of 4.5.
3) i dont recommend BM version unless u love to stick with a HP flask. 62 Costs on KB with a low pool feels sloppy.
You can drop the Rings and play w/o AA, or atleast with a lower lvl one. All you need is to sustain like 4 blindshots w/o running out of mana.
High lvl AA in the end helps to sustain against ele/physical reflect.
Before the rings was made i was also playing it with 1/20 AA, was nice.

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Thank you for the feedback!

1 more question tho, isn't reflect more of a problem with a slower attacking and harder hitting wand?
IGN: Ghost_Prototype (100 Shadow - Std)
Remember The Name - Endgame mapping guild. Thread - #1196726
"
GnGEmpire wrote:
Thank you for the feedback!

1 more question tho, isn't reflect more of a problem with a slower attacking and harder hitting wand?

died twice to reflect while lvling, reason was:
Domination mod, packsize, shot at at shrine with procyshielders (while those having) atleast double reflect if not tripple, by not leeching anything back, so basicly 1hot myself <1sec. (was with HoI hoT)
after that i switched to HoA HoT (cus of +1light res).
But with a es pool of 9k+ es, 3 resits flask + atziri flask as well at the 20+AA we are pretty much safe to everything, u can also tank a tocuh of god by dominus if no special extra damage mods and if no lucky crit.

=)

I'm not that sure about those "higher hits"

ur combined dmg with a Prophecy Wand is 2364 - 7322

while my combined dmg with an Imbued Wand is 2291 - 8027

When taking combined hit * crit multiplier u get these values:

min crit is ur 13.688k vs my 12.211k
avg crit is ur 28.040k vs mx 27.497k
max crit is ur 42.394k vs my 42.784k

U see, both wands/builds are hitting pretty the same hard, there is even a break-even-point from where the Imbued Wand gets higher crits (which u need for oneshotting) but that comes very late and can be ignored.

So yes, Prophecy Wand hits and crits a bit higher, but imo not that much that it could be worth to pass on those 30k DPS coming from higher APS.

Pls note that I dont wanna start a discussion about what build is better though, each of them still has its benefits (more ES vs more leech, more MS vs increased vaal haste, cwdt vs higher AA, and so on)

Just wanted to show that I also need just 1-2 hits for a pack/room despite using an Imbued Wand.
But for sure with less quality of gear the difference is higher and more noticable. I think there really is a point anywhere when gearing up while u oneshot with the Prophecy Wand while u wouldnt do with an Imbued Wand.
IGN: Lawyne (Stream: www.twitch.tv/lawyne) [inactive]
100% Life Shaper in 1s https://www.twitch.tv/videos/173720595
Practical Blade Flurry https://tinyurl.com/practicalBF
btw, I never died to any Reflect when mapping, but I died to fucking Volatile Blood xD guess I wouldnt have died with 9k+ ES
thats my old ss from 98.
5stats wand, w/o empowered auras, w/o +1 acuity :)
gues was -res curse there or a gg crit
herald of ice + proxy shield reflect rare is the problem, not the reflect itself btw
> that's why i switched to HoA + HoT (it's more safe)

i took dps out of the my point of view in this build. it basicly has no meaning.
i step in a room shoot twice, and go to the next room, there is just nn for more attacks.
the build sux for uber, where aps or tooltip dmg would have a meaning.
But since there are 50ex builds that clear uber faster and safer than a 200k Ex equipped wanderer does just shows me that hunting for tooltip dmg doesnt make any sense to me. it's a maping build. u can even switch icsd for lifeleech and still carry so u will be 500% safe

Last edited by Doe on Feb 24, 2015, 6:18:53 AM
hmm didnt understand that the Imbued version does pretty the same hits/crits?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info