[2.4] The Dy'Ness Tank

Greetings!

Clear speed is slower than other setups but it is fast enough for me. I prefer the slower gameplay and looting everything over a rush to get everywhere. It takes around 20 minutes for me to run and loot a map.

For Essence_Dy'Ness, I recently switched over to a self cast Firestorm and CWDT. I used all of the respec points granted by the quests. Gems are still being leveled and most of the CWDT are at level 18 and being leveled up as well.

So far I have been able to clear almost every tier 10 map and lower (Except Unique Maps) on the Atlas and have been purchasing additional maps to work my way through them to get the bonus points (70/125). There is only one which I am really going to wait for a friend on and that is: Terrace Map. Mainly because I think I will need someone who has a very high DPS to drop him fast enough.

The only map I had issues with so far is the Whakawairua Tuahu. Mainly the final boss with its Proximity Shield. I just ran after it using flame dash and let the CWDT chaos damage (Contagion) eventually kill it. Took about 20 minutes of chasing the boss. Elemental Reflect maps require you to move slower and avoid hitting a large crowd. No/reduced regen maps I do not run with this character.

Defense:
- 15,617 Energy Shield
- 2009.7 Regen per second without golem.
- Spikes to 6694.8 for 1 second every 5 seconds. (Guardian bonus)
- 107.9 mana regen.
- 1089 mana reserved.
- 225 mana available.
- Fire resistance 75% (80%)
- Cold resistance 75% (128%)
- Lightning resistance 75% (93%)
- Block chance 24%
- Chance to avoid elemental status 10%

Firestorm:
- Firestorm + Fire Pen + Spell Echo + Concentrated Effect + Life Leech + Controlled Destruction
- 1990 average damage per fireball that drops.
- 1553 - 2330 Fire damage.
- 2.4% leeched as life.
- Cost is 102 mana per cast.

The current CWDT setups are: (Avg Damage)
- CWDT + Stone Golem + Enfeeble
- CWDT + Added Chaos + Glacial Cascade (1694.3) + Flamesurge (3282.8)
- CWDT + Cold Pen + Ice Spear (2495) + Arctic Breath (2447.2)
- CWDT + Molten Shell (10,485) + Essense Drain (1633.4) + Contagion (404)

The 3 Auras use are: Discipline, Vitality and Clarity.

Skill Tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDAAYOCfYLYQxfDXwOSBEvEVARlhXXGFYabBslHKcc3CL0Jogn7Sj6KU8rCiymLL8vbzW5N2Y3gzwFPV9DyEWdSVFJsUuuTlJPBFJTU1JTpVZjV5RXyVugXfJfamh0aPJsC20ZcLt8DnxLfll-bH_GgpuCx4aujHaPGo_6kNaSK5MnlnSX9Jo7muCdrp48nsSf36EvpRimvqbrpwinK6dVr2y0DLaGtzC4k76KwGbBxcQVxPbGrsrT0NDUfNWm12rXz9kT2VvaYtrd5CLoWukC6rrr7uwY7SDtPO9874jw1ffB-Tf56P0A

Edit: Here is a video of the Malformation Map.
https://youtu.be/MWVAvvU0crY

I hope this helps and answers some questions.

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
Last edited by DyNess on Sep 22, 2016, 4:21:57 PM
"
DyNess wrote:
There is only one which I am really going to wait for a friend on and that is: Terrace Map. Mainly because I think I will need someone who has a very high DPS to drop him fast enough.

you can use abyssal cry or devouring totem
Greetings!

Fragment of the HoGM... It appears to be 4 Halls now...
https://youtu.be/8McQiXkS_RI[1:25]
Spiking to 9860 ES Regen per second, without Essence Drain...

And I still cannot kill my old setup...
Almost time to update that level 94...

HoGM Full Clear:
https://youtu.be/iAYqEhqZlaA[25:41]
--And a couple of deaths...

Edit: Ok, so I picked up a couple gear upgrades, and went to the Sarn Arena to test them. Thanks to a few friends who deal multiple back to back crits (Assuming it doesn't kill me outright), I was able to see my new regen spike. I now spike to 10,167 and change regen per second when taking crits. New ES is 21,406. Yea... I am happy :) Now if only I can get a Firestorm mod on my helm...

~Dy'Ness
Last edited by DyNess on Oct 3, 2016, 2:10:35 PM
Greetings!

Screenshot of my regen... with friends.

Thank you!

~Dy'Ness
Last edited by DyNess on Oct 3, 2016, 2:48:54 PM
Hey Dy'Ness!! I played your build a while back I think in 2.1, and LOVED it. I don't have near the gear you do, nor a Shav ring, but I was able to hit something like 14.2k ES and over 3k regen! It worked very well. I actually went with witch instead.

I have a question. I notice you are using templar. What do you think is now the best class for this build? I have a 92 scion, and was thinking that, but I kind of like the templar's Guardian ascendancy. I would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks again for the sweet build!
Greetings!

Thank you. I actually have no idea which is the best class at the moment. The Scion still works rather well. Prophecy_DyNess was a block based build. Essence_DyNess is a regen tank based on the Templar/Guardian. Essence has a lower base regen with a higher spike (Guardian bonus). I wont actually know for sure until the league ends and I can take the exact same gear and switch it between toons and make an honest comparison. While the current tree for Essence is slightly different, I plan to make the trees as identical as possible for this comparison.

As it currently stands, both classes are working rather well and functioning as expected.

~Dy'Ness
1) In your skill tree you didn't allocated 2 ascendancy points?
2) You took 10% increase of spell damage near Light of Divinity, and Elemental focus +1 node to get it.
Isn't better to get +40% More damage from Elemental overload?
3) Why you didn't took the first other node which Templar starts? It gives 14% elemental damage + mana (which also increase your ES thanks to ascendancy), it is way better than 10% spell node!
4) 3rd regen node near Scion?
"
DyNess wrote:
Greetings!

Thank you. I actually have no idea which is the best class at the moment. The Scion still works rather well. Prophecy_DyNess was a block based build. Essence_DyNess is a regen tank based on the Templar/Guardian. Essence has a lower base regen with a higher spike (Guardian bonus). I wont actually know for sure until the league ends and I can take the exact same gear and switch it between toons and make an honest comparison. While the current tree for Essence is slightly different, I plan to make the trees as identical as possible for this comparison.

As it currently stands, both classes are working rather well and functioning as expected.

~Dy'Ness

Hey, and what you think about chieftain?
High reg and the life leech with fire. Or are Scion and Templar supirior?
thx
Hi just respecced my templar to this build, what am i looking for in jewels? I am old noob so please bear with me - thanks.
Need an expert to view my char doneone and tell me what i have done wrong. No mana regen at all so cannot do labs to change to guardian unless i use pots?
Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info