[2.4] The Dy'Ness Tank

"
DyNess wrote:
Thank you for sharing. I am glad you are enjoying it. Your gear isn't half bad either. How are you liking The Beast Fur Shawl?

I have mixed feelings about it. The good part: The regen with my gear is insane, and I'm still missing 2% regen from passives.

However, with "only" 11k ES, spike damage from an huge first hit becomes a problem. I'm running CWDT + Enfeeble + Temp Chains, which is another defense that doesn't apply there. I tried merc Malachai and got oneshot by his first form (failed to dodge the slow melee smash attack). I think he wasn't cursed when he hit me. Also, I stood to close to merc Shavronne and surprisingly got killed in like 1 sec by the shock nova :D I'm not in the habit of watching my ES with this build, and sometimes it goes down faster than I react.

On the other hand, I did PvP against a level 90 Slayer who had Flicker Strike / Frenzy and the unique Atziri Axe. I was level 80. He couldn't kill me just standing there, the regen between two of his hits was more than the damage, once he got Enfeeble+Temp Chains on his first hit.

I think you'd have less of these problems with a 900 ES Vaal Regalia..I don't have one so I can't compare. But the troll factor from the regen is higher with the Fur I think, and there's the spell damage on it. I think both are really good options for this build, it kind of depends on what enemies you're facing.
How this build function in 2.3?
"
yissus wrote:
How this build function in 2.3?

It performs very nicely. I've played a build very similar to this in 2.3, see my previous replies in this thread.
Greetings!

Its been awhile since I posted. I have not updated my thread because I have not played QBotU since Prophecy... I have been trying something new in the Prophecy league. BUT, I finally got my hands on this armor, and figured I would chime in...

SPOILER: Not for me.

"
"
neonarr wrote:
the new "beast fur shawl" is really sick :) ... i doesnt show it on character page but u get up to 40% increased life recovery(also regen.) .If u guys havnt tried it already

[EDIT] I was mistaken, thinking that this armour would only affect recharge, not regeneration. In case anyone else is wondering, here's what I've found:
According to the Wiki, regeneration is a type of recovery. The Beast Fur Shawl grants recovery. Oh and 40% Spell Damage, which should go a long way since we get so little from the tree. This armour should be very sick for this build indeed.

In the presentation video, Ziggy explicitly mentions that it affects both recharge and regeneration. It was originally made to enable a CI Righteous Fire build.

"
ZiggyD wrote:
If you get 1% ES regeneration, that becomes 1.4%.

Unfortunately, it does not appear to affect regeneration, at least not on the Defense tab. The one I picked up has a higher ES than what I was running, but my regeneration went down... It should have taken about 1000 to 1400... or so I would have though from the 40%. Nope. I was sitting at around 1200, and went down to 1100 with this armor. Granted, I lost some Intel off the armor, but not enough to make that big of a difference. It noticeably raised the recharge rate though.

Since the new toon I have been trying out is block based, the extra 5% damage taken was easily seen when watching my globe, especially with the reduced regeneration. The added damage was nice, but not nice enough to keep.

On a side note, I have had a couple of requests to post the setup for what I am running. I may do so at some point in the future. Just not yet.
Here is a video link, and a decent chunk of the skills are shown along with the general characteristics if you were interested.
The Pale Court (6:41) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZIZJJzW9do

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
"
DyNess wrote:
Unfortunately, it does not appear to affect regeneration, at least not on the Defense tab.
[...]
the extra 5% damage taken was easily seen when watching my globe, especially with the reduced regeneration.

It's known not to show on the char's defence tab. Strangely, the increased ES recharge shows correctly on the tab for me as well. Can you confirm from the regen you're used to, that it actually doesn't affect it?

EDIT: I've posted a question about this in the mechanics thread.
Last edited by Timeclasp on Aug 5, 2016, 1:20:16 PM
Dy'ness can you show your Ascendancy tree ?
I'm fairly certain the recovery applies to regen AND it doesn't show up on the defense tab. I've just started my first ZO character this league because I wanted to try Sanctify -> Pious Path in the Inquisitor ascendancy plus Beast Fur Shawl plus two Kaom's Way.

At level 76 and around 9.5k ES with mediocre gear we have 2.5k regen tooltip while in consecrated ground with 8 endurance charges. Which would be 3.5k regen total -- which is more regen than my level 92 ZO character on Standard and it's noticeable. I can already sustain much better against some bosses(Dom, Merveil). Of course, being immune to elemental effects helps.

Some things I like about this version of ZO:

We hit 90% phys reduction with flasks and with all our charges and Molten Shell (87 without Shell)

Immunity to elemental effects

Running Shield Charge -> Faster Attacks -> Fortify for more defense, more movement speed, and to get a bit more out of Inquisitor's Instruments of Virtue

When built for it, Kaom's Way > Shavronne's. Take that expensive gear I can't afford!

Vortex seems to be a pretty strong skill to link to CWDT--not specific to this build, but if you haven't tried it...try it!

This build would like Death's Door Crusader Boots. So, if you'd like to donate a pair...
Last edited by naclmolecule on Aug 6, 2016, 8:34:50 AM
Dy'ness, will you upgrade your build for 2.4?
Greetings!

I will update the build for 2.4 before I get sucked into the new league.

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info