[2.4] The Dy'Ness Tank

"
The issue is this build has basically no kill speed. It is a horrible party build because you don't give your party anything but the auras. This build is all about "how not to die", but your allies would rather that you help them kill faster instead.

There are some other builds that are similar but exchanged some survivability for extra dps. Like the flametank mentioned in the first page.

Makes sense, thanks. I did end up planning to go closer to the flametank. I'm sort of kicking around how adding a warcry for taunting might help a party by doing some frontline use, but I see your point.

I'll go back to searching for a good elite/boss build to complement an AOE/clearspeed build.
hi there,

ever thought of using SRS instead of firestorm ?
Greetings!

I think I tried SRS at one point and found Firestorm to be a better fit for how I enjoyed playing.

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
the new "beast fur shawl" is really sick :) ... i doesnt show it on character page but u get up to 40% increased life recovery(also regen.) .If u guys havnt tried it already
"
neonarr wrote:
the new "beast fur shawl" is really sick :) ... i doesnt show it on character page but u get up to 40% increased life recovery(also regen.) .If u guys havnt tried it already

[EDIT] I was mistaken, thinking that this armour would only affect recharge, not regeneration. In case anyone else is wondering, here's what I've found:
According to the Wiki, regeneration is a type of recovery. The Beast Fur Shawl grants recovery. Oh and 40% Spell Damage, which should go a long way since we get so little from the tree. This armour should be very sick for this build indeed.

In the presentation video, Ziggy explicitly mentions that it affects both recharge and regeneration. It was originally made to enable a CI Righteous Fire build.

"
ZiggyD wrote:
If you get 1% ES regeneration, that becomes 1.4%.
Last edited by Timeclasp on Jul 4, 2016, 7:23:18 AM
Greetings!

"

In the presentation video, Ziggy explicitly mentions that it affects both recharge and regeneration. It was originally made to enable a CI Righteous Fire build.

"
ZiggyD wrote:
If you get 1% ES regeneration, that becomes 1.4%.

I have to disagree... RF does not work with CI. RF turns off at 1 hp. With CI, you ALWAYS have 1/1 hp. RF will turn off. However, it might help with an ES/HP based RF setup, just not CI.

It does look like a very nice item and useful. Do not get me wrong. Just not for trying CI + RF.

~Dy'Ness
Last edited by DyNess on Jul 5, 2016, 4:12:12 AM
"
DyNess wrote:
I have to disagree... RF does not work with CI. RF turns off at 1 hp. With CI, you ALWAYS have 1/1 hp. RF will turn off. However, it might help with an ES/HP based RF setup, just not CI.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up. I might have tried that, leveling a character and realizing at level 68-ish that it won't work! The wiki entry on RF also mentions this. Ziggy probably misspoke on the video. So it would work with hybrid, but then you can't wear Shavs/Lorica :/ but that's another topic.

I'm playing a mix of this and the Scionic Flametank right now, leveling along a lot of gems because I haven't decided exactly what to use in the end. I'm at level 62, about where you can start to wear a lot of high ES gear, and I just afk'd merciless Brutus for a while :D Funny stuff. I appreciate your great work with this build.

For some variation, I switched to Flameblast for a while during leveling, replacing Conc by Inc AoE, and Echo by FC. I used a 4L Searing Touch at that time. It works, but feels a bit weaker than Firestorm. I was playing together with someone, and with Flameblast a lot of mobs would stay alive at low HP after one fully charged blast, which feels really annoying after a while. In solo play, it could be better I think.

What are your thoughts on Xirgil's Crank? I reckon losing the ES from a shield is too big a sacrifice?
Last edited by Timeclasp on Jul 5, 2016, 5:06:50 AM
"
Wadjet wrote:
My take on this build is almost ready for submission for Grandmaster. I don't have the amount of ES or ES regen that you have, but I make up for it in other areas. My defensive stats:

CI
Overcapped Resists (75 fire/76 light/80 cold)
Energy Shield: 15,210
Energy Shield Regen: 2,392
Armour: 52,338 (60,135 with molten shell)
91% physical reduction
Block: 74%
Spell Block 74%
Legacy Aegis Shield

I also use different CWDT spells with life leech, vaal discipline (we gain 1 soul every 4 sec in GM map), and Aegis (4% of armour gained as ES on block). Character is a Guardian Templar, so after I get my 8 Ascendancy points next week I will submit. Regain 30% of life over 1 sec every 5 secs OP.

Any chance we could see this character? Those numbers sound a little nuts.
I just want to share some experiences with playing this build, or at least something close with worse gear.

- I have 11.3k ES and 1870/sec regen
- You can tank the laser in Torture Chamber
- "Scary" bosses like museum and Jungle Valley aren't scary at all. Still scary is Crematorium, killed me in 2 seconds.
- Endgame Trials are a joke. You can literally just walk through them with your hand off the keyboard. You can stand on the burning ground without degening.
- You can afk Merc Brutus, Merc Kole, Promenade Boss etc.
- if you use Shavronne's Ring, having a Mana Flask is a good idea
- a friend who plays crit storm call inquisitor cannot kill me in PvP, even if I just stand there afk.

Overall, a very nice experience, and funny when you're surprised how unkillable you are in certain situations :)

My Current Gear / Gems
Last edited by Timeclasp on Jul 8, 2016, 5:15:50 PM
Greetings!

Thank you for sharing. I am glad you are enjoying it. Your gear isn't half bad either. How are you liking The Beast Fur Shawl?

~Dy'Ness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info