[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

"
Oos wrote:

Do you think the Primal Spirit pathing to Ballistic Mastery is worth it? Heart of the Oak is very under rated and saves you one point. If you need mana then mana flows is a good option in Duelist. Ballistic Mastery isn't really worth it for wander anyway really though, maybe get it 90+.

I haven't crunched the numbers to determine the best output, I simply favour Primal Spirit to assist with mana issues and extra attributes for STR and INT. My original Lightning+Three Dragons build didn't leech mana, so it is certainly an option to go the HotO option and save 3 points for put elsewhere for DPS (Ambidexterity).

"
Oos wrote:

And correct me if I'm wrong (I haven't built block since the nerf), wont you have 0% block chance when you take Acrobatics? So all the DW block nodes on the tree are useless.
If the Block from Blade Barrier (Duelist) is fine with Acrobatics then you should also grab Ambidexterity for 3 points.

Trickery (Shadow) is also perfect for your build and only one point.

Acrobatics gives 30% less block. You build uses a 24% block shield, with high evasion, life and resists. Dual wielding with this tree gives you the same 24% block, but with more offence than defence... that is what needs to be weighed up.

Yeah... I was meant to grab Trickery.

"
Oos wrote:

Overall your build looks pretty fun. Triple Heralds and fast attacks will make this very enjoyable. This is probably more suited for softcore leagues, you can stack movement speed and focus on clearing maps really fast
The main drawbacks I can think of is less defense, and not having easy access to the Fusillade / Tempest Blast cluster, that whole wheel is extremely strong. Getting two amazing wands will be pricey too.

Good work, let me know what tree you settle on and how the build goes when you make it. Good luck!

Thanks
Well I will continue trying out your original build as far as I can in the 1MHC (hopefully reach 80-85) and then weigh up the pros and cons of each. See if one performs better (offensively and defensively) than the other or if somehow there can be a happy medium somewhere in between.

FTR the following was my gear in torment, no where near ideal, but seemed good enough for 72-75 maps (ohh and I also targeted x% increased Lightning Damage mods on my wands):
Spoiler

Anyway, thanks again for the feedback. I'll let you know how I get on with your build and any hybrid experimenting I do.

Cheers.
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
Ah yeah, it says I have 18% block. I thought it was literally -30 block, but it's 30% of your total block is taken away. So yeah I guess it's worth grabbing the block nodes then. Or maybe investing those points into higher evasion/hp instead.
IGN: @Oos
Trying this build in the one month. I am 10 chaos short of getting a belly!

I think i've been pretty lucky thus far on 10 hours gameplay.
One month HC lvl 73 starting from Scion with zero currency and following your party build almost point per point. I can surely say this is one of the best if not THE best build I have played since closed beta!!! Thanks bro!

Gear:
Spoiler

Build at lvl 73:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAx4DlgQHBbUGIwmgDkgRlhSwFr8c3B9BI_YmlSoLLR8wcTB8MgE2PTpCOlg7KD9zRnFKmktXS3hMs02SUDBRR1VLVcZZvGBDYeJirGNDbIxs521sbj1vnnBSc3B_K3_Ggh6DCYPbjAuMNo19jb-TJ5UgmmGbJp2qn4iiBKKjpzSyGbQMtUi5fMCcwOPBxcHzwnPFKM5wz3rUI9aK3ajjhOdU53To1uyw8bPz6vZb9uf67_xk
Last edited by Stagonas on Apr 3, 2015, 8:51:19 PM
I'm at 82 with this build and starting to really struggle with mana and the str and int parts I basically have to settle for really bad rings and ammy to just satisfy the int requirement on my wand. I even had to take a 30 strength node on the tree, which your guide didn't have me doing. Can someone help me out with this? I'm in the One Month, and this is kinda my first ever phys build. My resists aren't even capped until I kill a few enemies and get the endurance charges

Gear

Last edited by SometimesBoobsAreGay on Apr 4, 2015, 2:21:00 PM
"
I'm at 82 with this build and starting to really struggle with mana and the str and int parts I basically have to settle for really bad rings and ammy to just satisfy the int requirement on my wand. I even had to take a 30 strength node on the tree, which your guide didn't have me doing. Can someone help me out with this? I'm in the One Month, and this is kinda my first ever phys build. My resists aren't even capped until I kill a few enemies and get the endurance charges

Gear

Int should really REALLY not be an issue with this build. Strength is a bit of an issue but nothing a good belt can't solve.
The wand's required int is 188 and without items giving bonus int, im about 30-40 short. Without the amulet I am 1 int short.
"

Gear

You can get STR on belts, and also Blessed your amulet, it rolls 10-16 main stat. That should help.
IGN: @Oos
I´m Enjoying your Build. It´s like my 1.2 Patch TS/Puncture Ranger but more Fun to Play.
I use most of his Gear for the Wander.

Gear:
Spoiler

I have a Dual Curse on Hit Setup. Just Herald of Thunder isn´t enough to keep the charges up.
But the fact that i Gained 6k more DPS on my AoE with Weapon Elemental Damage, is worth to drop PCoC. Besides that, i can now put in Life gain on Hit for Reflect Maps. Physical Reflect is Danerous tho, but doable. But when i get a better want, Reflect will be instarip so Atziris Acuity is a must.

Im sitting close to 30k AoE with Charges (without Atziri Flask)
And ~ 45k on Single Target

Since i Play on Softcore, i´ve tweaked the Passive Tree a bit. Getting more Crit Multi/Crit and less Health. I Plan to get this char to 94 and then i have roughly 5k HP (4,4k now)

Build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAF4DHgQHBbUGIwguCPQJoA5ID8QRlhSwFr8Zjh9BI_Yk_SaVJ6kqCy0fMHEwfDIBNj06QjpYO3w_c0qaS3hMs02SUDBRR1VLVcZZvGHiYetirGNDakNqjGsXbIxs521scFJw1XNwelN9dX8rf8aCHoPbidOMC4w2jX2Nv5UgmmGbJp2qn4iiBKKjotmjiqc0sNiyGbVIuMq5fLzqwFTAnMHFwfPCc8UoyBTN6s5wz3rTftQj1ordqOOE51TndOjW7LDtg-4O73rz6vVv9lv25_rv_GT-uv_eBx6VLvDVSVE=

I plan to get a better shield with more Evasion/Resists. Then i Could Change the Two-Stone ring with something better with Flat Phys/Acc/Mana leech - getting me 2 more Passive points to get the two 12% phys Damage Wand nodes in the Elder Power cluster.

*EDIT* A Guildmate came up with the idea to take Physical to Lightning instead of Inc. Crit Damage for Phys reflect Maps. I Tested it and i Lost only 1k DPS on AoE with a lvl 1 Phys to Light Gem and it works beautiful. Keep in Mind to Change the Inc. Crit Damage in your single target aswell, because it is lethal without ^^

cheers
NurbelST Level 97 Low Life Animate Weapon (Standart)
DerNurbler Level 96 Low Life Animate Weapon (Talisman/Standart)
Animate_Weapon_for_Life (Essence)

Last edited by Nurbel on Apr 5, 2015, 11:13:37 AM
Looks very interesting! Is it possible for you to make a leveling tree? Like this is what it looks like at 20 points, 40 points, 60 points etc. Which would you pick first.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info