[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

Hi all,

I normally don't follow builds, but rather like trying out alternative combos. I loved KB in Torment and decided to use it again in the 1 Month Hardcore race, but simply following a build is boring (to me), so I put a "loose" challenge on myself... no trading, so I'm essentially almost "self-found".

I say almost because, I will openly disclaim the following:

- I made a few currency trades with friends, only to benefit them as they needed Chromes, which I had plenty of... so all up I probably traded around 100 Chromes for 6-8c.

- I still occasionally partied up with friends, mostly when sharing a few master missions later on (for challanges) and for some social mapping (probably around 20 maps in total).

- Finally, I did jump into a few PUG throughout, mostly for convenience to grab WPs and a couple of boss kills (I'm totally confident/capable of killing the bosses with the build, just couldn't bothered pathing to them).

Outside of that, every single gem, piece of gear and currency spent was self found or self crafted. Last night I reached level 80 and I now have the unique boss kill left to do (will probably do Piety)

Tree

For my tree I've mostly followed Oos' guide with the main change being that I've path down to the Duelist area. I intend to theorycraft this build and test some numbers with Dual Wield once I'm done and reach around 85. Aside from that the tree changes subtly depending on my gear: I only recent obtained enough resists to do away with "Survivalist".

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAF4DHgQHBbUGIwceCC4I9AmgCpsOSBGWFLAWvxmOGbQfQSP2JP0mlSoLLOktHzBxMHw2PTpCOlg_c0lRS3hMs02SUUdVS1XGV4dZvGHiYqxlTWpDaoxrF2yMbOdtbHBSc3B_K3_GgK6CHoPbjDaNfY2_lSCVLpphnaqfiKIEoqOi2aOKr6ew2LVIvOq9Nr6nwFTBxcHzwnPFKMgUytPOcNN-1CPWit2o44TnCudU53To1u2D7g7vevDV8-r1b_Zb9qP25_rv

Gear

I was rather lucky and found a SlitherPinch mid level, which solves most leeching issues. I would definitely buy an upgrade though if I traded. I was also lucky to find a 5L from a vendor, but it is a mid level item with average rolls. I've been Alching Assassin Garbs, but no luck yet. Everything else is pretty average, nice without being great.

But I need to find a better wand now for low 70 maps. DPS is capable, but just a little too low for clearing quickly.

In regards to currency I am going reasonably strong for simple self-found. Found 2ex pure so far and have > 300 jews and >200 Chromes... obviously a bit lower on crafting currency like Alts, Chaos and Alchs.

CHALLENGES

- Main challenges has been gems and gear... understandably. For the longest time I only had 70% fire resist, but then found a nice belt to add it to that allowed me to respec the tree.

- Unfortunately, you have to make a decision with the A3M Library quest whether you will take CWDT or GMP. At the time I was squishy and took CWDT (within 2 hours I then find two other CWDT gems and one at 14% LOL). I also had the chance to buy a GMP from Tora, but I didn't have a Regal Orb :( found a Regal a few days latter, but still no GMP for me.

- Mana regen/leech was an issue too until I got my current wand.

- It took me AGES to find some ok boots with >10% IMS... even these ones aren't great, but they serve their purpose. I enjoy good MS.

- My life is at ~3.8k, all resists are capped (except Chaos) and my evasion is around 35% IIRC... with 40% dodge and 18% block.

- Had a few very VERY close calls... mainly with rippy BL packs in maps... but you can lower those risks by nto rolling maps and grinding more. Catacombs is great for repeat KB grinding given the indoor nature and you know the mob types.

It has certainly been interesting and challenging, but based on my experience it is easily viable to play self found with the build. I will continue with it (and self-found) and hopefully get the 4/4 HC challenges. Then look to buy gear and theory craft a dual wielding version.

Thanks Oos for the guide and hopefully others find the above experience helpful or inspiring for self-found players.

Cheers and happy bubbling.
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
"
Kaysee wrote:
Hi all,

I normally don't follow builds, but rather like trying out alternative combos. I loved KB in Torment and decided to use it again in the 1 Month Hardcore race, but simply following a build is boring (to me), so I put a "loose" challenge on myself... no trading, so I'm essentially almost "self-found".

I say almost because, I will openly disclaim the following:

- I made a few currency trades with friends, only to benefit them as they needed Chromes, which I had plenty of... so all up I probably traded around 100 Chromes for 6-8c.

- I still occasionally partied up with friends, mostly when sharing a few master missions later on (for challanges) and for some social mapping (probably around 20 maps in total).

- Finally, I did jump into a few PUG throughout, mostly for convenience to grab WPs and a couple of boss kills (I'm totally confident/capable of killing the bosses with the build, just couldn't bothered pathing to them).

Outside of that, every single gem, piece of gear and currency spent was self found or self crafted. Last night I reached level 80 and I now have the unique boss kill left to do (will probably do Piety)

Tree

For my tree I've mostly followed Oos' guide with the main change being that I've path down to the Duelist area. I intend to theorycraft this build and test some numbers with Dual Wield once I'm done and reach around 85. Aside from that the tree changes subtly depending on my gear: I only recent obtained enough resists to do away with "Survivalist".

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAF4DHgQHBbUGIwceCC4I9AmgCpsOSBGWFLAWvxmOGbQfQSP2JP0mlSoLLOktHzBxMHw2PTpCOlg_c0lRS3hMs02SUUdVS1XGV4dZvGHiYqxlTWpDaoxrF2yMbOdtbHBSc3B_K3_GgK6CHoPbjDaNfY2_lSCVLpphnaqfiKIEoqOi2aOKr6ew2LVIvOq9Nr6nwFTBxcHzwnPFKMgUytPOcNN-1CPWit2o44TnCudU53To1u2D7g7vevDV8-r1b_Zb9qP25_rv

Gear

I was rather lucky and found a SlitherPinch mid level, which solves most leeching issues. I would definitely buy an upgrade though if I traded. I was also lucky to find a 5L from a vendor, but it is a mid level item with average rolls. I've been Alching Assassin Garbs, but no luck yet. Everything else is pretty average, nice without being great.

But I need to find a better wand now for low 70 maps. DPS is capable, but just a little too low for clearing quickly.

In regards to currency I am going reasonably strong for simple self-found. Found 2ex pure so far and have > 300 jews and >200 Chromes... obviously a bit lower on crafting currency like Alts, Chaos and Alchs.

CHALLENGES

- Main challenges has been gems and gear... understandably. For the longest time I only had 70% fire resist, but then found a nice belt to add it to that allowed me to respec the tree.

- Unfortunately, you have to make a decision with the A3M Library quest whether you will take CWDT or GMP. At the time I was squishy and took CWDT (within 2 hours I then find two other CWDT gems and one at 14% LOL). I also had the chance to buy a GMP from Tora, but I didn't have a Regal Orb :( found a Regal a few days latter, but still no GMP for me.

- Mana regen/leech was an issue too until I got my current wand.

- It took me AGES to find some ok boots with >10% IMS... even these ones aren't great, but they serve their purpose. I enjoy good MS.

- My life is at ~3.8k, all resists are capped (except Chaos) and my evasion is around 35% IIRC... with 40% dodge and 18% block.

- Had a few very VERY close calls... mainly with rippy BL packs in maps... but you can lower those risks by nto rolling maps and grinding more. Catacombs is great for repeat KB grinding given the indoor nature and you know the mob types.

It has certainly been interesting and challenging, but based on my experience it is easily viable to play self found with the build. I will continue with it (and self-found) and hopefully get the 4/4 HC challenges. Then look to buy gear and theory craft a dual wielding version.

Thanks Oos for the guide and hopefully others find the above experience helpful or inspiring for self-found players.

Cheers and happy bubbling.

Damn, very interesting. I thought it honestly couldn't be viable self found in a fresh league, you proved me wrong.
Gear is better than expected. Are you going to start alching Imbued wands and doing 5-1 recipe? Should be a good way to find an upgrade.

Not sure if Duelist area is worth the 5 points to reach, but maybe if you get some more nodes there then it can be good.

Thanks for the post though, great to see.
IGN: @Oos
So quick story i bought a Belly for 5c. It had no links and no sockets but i thought i might am able to get something out of it (as you explained it, 5l sell).
I spent about 400 *****ing jewelers on it until it was 6s. I was mad as f*ck and started linking
7th fusing
Spoiler

my very first 6l :D

I have a question tho.

What do you think of
Spoiler
to begin with?

Also, as offhand
Spoiler
?

I don't care if i am better or worse than you, i just want to play a game.
Last edited by Dequda on Apr 14, 2015, 10:29:07 AM
"
Oos wrote:

Gear is better than expected. Are you going to start alching Imbued wands and doing 5-1 recipe? Should be a good way to find an upgrade.

Started doing the 5-1 recipe once Imbued Wands started dropping, but I got that wand pretty early (low 60s), so I used 5-1 for other items too... mainly boots (burnt around 20 chaos, 15 alcs/scours trying for boots) and using them in 5-1.

Been doing the wands too since 70, but no upgrades. Even been grabbing white imbued and Transmuting them hoping for a nice IPD/PD roll to craft with and then 5-1 those too, but nadda. I was fortunate enough to have a Prismweave drop early on while levelling and got a 104% IPD roll on it. I didn't have a regal and was/am some way off lvl 8 Elreon, so I decide to yolo AUG it and it turned to shit... +9 to Accuracy or something.

"
Oos wrote:
Not sure if Duelist area is worth the 5 points to reach, but maybe if you get some more nodes there then it can be good.

Yeah, I've headed there for 2 reasons: I really like Art of the Gladiator (IAS and MS boost), but more importantly I was planning to covert this build over to a dual weilder and test. Plan was at the end of the 1MHC to upgrade/trade to some proper decent gear and test the output of your build, then to switch it over to a dual wielder and test the output. Really curious to see if I can get a dual wielder phys crit wander to work well: not only does dual wielding give the 15% block chance and 10% more attack speed... it also gives 20% more phys dmg.

I'm hoping to find a way to include: Dervish, Swagger and Gemini (bit of a stretch) as they all give large DPS, block chance and other boosts. I wish to test if grabbing these combined with the DW more attack speed and more PD would make up for losses elsewhere.

Theorycrafting optimum 100 point tree

I wish to test something like the follow if I ever push it to 100...

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAAF4DHgW1BiMHHgguCPQJoAqbFLAWvxmOH0Ej9iT9JpUqCy0fMHEwfDY9OkI_c0lRS3hNklFHVUtXh1m8YeJirGpDaoxrF2yMbOdtbHBSc3B_K4Cugh6MNo19jb-VIJUummGdqp-IogSi2aOKsNi1SLzqwFTBxcHzwnPFKMgUznDTftQj1ordqOcK51Ttg-4O73rw1fPq9W_2W_bn-u-DvV6L3ef8xXjr3Q2-pxm0ytMs6b02ZU1jcGBBW68V9mJ5AAZHfsLs2-e0xdDQRwaP-uwY647P6ZP8LghKfeOfh3ZnoO_jm42IQupidcuE2Q==

However, the above is now all outdated given the new Socketed Passive Tree. Will wait for A4 to review and revise.

Cheers.

Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
Last edited by Kaysee on Apr 13, 2015, 9:43:44 PM
Hey, i've been play this build and i must admit im loving it !

Just a small thing bothers me, i really dislike evasion, so i was thinking of going more es and running AA with EB.

I'm fairly new to the game, so i tried to modify the skill tree to my best ability.

With this skill tree i would most probably run clarity with reduced mana on another piece of gear.

Do you think this would work ?

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAx4EBwYjBx4I9AmgDkgRlhSwFr8fQSaVKgstHzY9Olg_c0lRSppMs1AwVUtVxlcrWbxfKmHiYqxjQ2pDaoxrF2yMbOdtGW1scFJzcH_Ggh6D24wLjDaVIJUummGdqp-IogSio6LZpzSw2LVIuXy86r2CwFTAnMHFwfPCc8UoyBTOcNsL34rjhOkC6-TssPDV8-r1b_Zb9uf67_xk_rM=
Dequda
So quick story i bought a Belly for 5c. It had no links and no sockets but i thought i might am able to get something out of it (as you explained it, 5l sell).
I spent about 400 *****ing jewelers on it until it was 6s. I was mad as f*ck and started linking
7th fusing
Spoiler

my very first 6l :D

I have a question tho.

What do you think of
Spoiler
to begin with?

Also, as offhand
Spoiler
?

Damn, grats on 6L!
Your wand is alright, make it 20% will last you until high maps.
Daresso's shield isn't very good, the 20% phys damage doesn't make up for the base defenses. Get a high evasion/hp/res shield and focus dps stats on your other slots.

Kaysee
"
Oos wrote:

Started doing the 5-1 recipe once Imbued Wands started dropping, but I got that wand pretty early (low 60s), so I used 5-1 for other items too... mainly boots (burnt around 20 chaos, 15 alcs/scours trying for boots) and using them in 5-1.

Been doing the wands too since 70, but no upgrades. Even been grabbing white imbued and Transmuting them hoping for a nice IPD/PD roll to craft with and then 5-1 those too, but nadda. I was fortunate enough to have a Prismweave drop early on while levelling and got a 104% IPD roll on it. I didn't have a regal and was/am some way off lvl 8 Elreon, so I decide to yolo AUG it and it turned to shit... +9 to Accuracy or something.

"
Oos wrote:

Yeah, I've headed there for 2 reasons: I really like Art of the Gladiator (IAS and MS boost), but more importantly I was planning to covert this build over to a dual weilder and test. Plan was at the end of the 1MHC to upgrade/trade to some proper decent gear and test the output of your build, then to switch it over to a dual wielder and test the output. Really curious to see if I can get a dual wielder phys crit wander to work well: not only does dual wielding give the 15% block chance and 10% more attack speed... it also gives 20% more phys dmg.

I'm hoping to find a way to include: Dervish, Swagger and Gemini (bit of a stretch) as they all give large DPS, block chance and other boosts. I wish to test if grabbing these combined with the DW more attack speed and more PD would make up for losses elsewhere.

Theorycrafting optimum 100 point tree

I wish to test something like the follow if I ever push it to 100...

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAAF4DHgW1BiMHHgguCPQJoAqbFLAWvxmOH0Ej9iT9JpUqCy0fMHEwfDY9OkI_c0lRS3hNklFHVUtXh1m8YeJirGpDaoxrF2yMbOdtbHBSc3B_K4Cugh6MNo19jb-VIJUummGdqp-IogSi2aOKsNi1SLzqwFTBxcHzwnPFKMgUznDTftQj1ordqOcK51Ttg-4O73rw1fPq9W_2W_bn-u-DvV6L3ef8xXjr3Q2-pxm0ytMs6b02ZU1jcGBBW68V9mJ5AAZHfsLs2-e0xdDQRwaP-uwY647P6ZP8LghKfeOfh3ZnoO_jm42IQupidcuE2Q==

However, the above is now all outdated given the new Socketed Passive Tree. Will wait for A4 to review and revise.

Cheers.

Ah yeah I remember you posting that DW idea before, or maybe that was someone else.
Let me know how that goes, sounds fun.

yemanlp540
Hey, i've been play this build and i must admit im loving it !

Just a small thing bothers me, i really dislike evasion, so i was thinking of going more es and running AA with EB.

I'm fairly new to the game, so i tried to modify the skill tree to my best ability.

With this skill tree i would most probably run clarity with reduced mana on another piece of gear.

Do you think this would work ?

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAx4EBwYjBx4I9AmgDkgRlhSwFr8fQSaVKgstHzY9Olg_c0lRSppMs1AwVUtVxlcrWbxfKmHiYqxjQ2pDaoxrF2yMbOdtGW1scFJzcH_Ggh6D24wLjDaVIJUummGdqp-IogSio6LZpzSw2LVIuXy86r2CwFTAnMHFwfPCc8UoyBTOcNsL34rjhOkC6-TssPDV8-r1b_Zb9uf67_xk_rM=

It could work but you're honestly going to lose damage and defense at the end. You'll need more mana regen on the tree to support a high level AA, and also some aura nodes to add in Clarity (or drop a Herald).

I'd say you're better off going elemental based, probably as Templar start. Getting aura nodes and maybe use Alpha's Howl. Using a physical wand for leech or Piscator's Vigil for more damage.

https://poe.mikelat.com/#dhXOEKh/5U3aOMo - Aura math.
Clarity + Anger + Wrath + Reduced mana.
Herald of Ice + Herald of Thunder + Reduced mana.

4 off colour Alpha's is really expensive. So you can use regular es/life/accuracy helm instead.
Thanks for the reply!

I went with eva in the end haha ! Aint bad after i got a belly !

Hi there and a big thanks for the guide/build

Atm I'm lvl 77 and im having a lot of mana issues so I'm hoping someone can help.
My only thing is I would really not like it if I had to use a mana leech gem in my Tabula :p

I have tried swapping out an item for another ML piece, but I don't notice any difference at all, except for a huge drop in dps :(

GEAR:
Spoiler

NOTE: I'm using the 2% ML from the tree, so my total is 3% from 6.5k damage (buffed with no charges)And I have 163 mana to use

With regards!
Last edited by Fathervic on Apr 19, 2015, 1:09:27 PM
"
Fathervic wrote:

Atm I'm lvl 77 and im having a lot of mana issues so I'm hoping someone can help.
My only thing is I would really not like it if I had to use a mana leech gem in my Tabula :p

I have tried swapping out an item for another ML piece, but I don't notice any difference at all, except for a huge drop in dps :(

GEAR:
Spoiler

NOTE: I'm using the 2% ML from the tree, so my total is 3% from 6.5k damage (buffed with no charges)And I have 163 mana to use

With regards!

Seems like a total mana pool problem. As you level up you'll get a slightly bigger mana pool, and getting mana rolls on gear can help. You want more mana to have a better leech rate.

Also you're using a lot of mana heavy supports, maybe swap WED or PPAD for Pierce until later.
Thank you!

"
Oos wrote:
"
Fathervic wrote:

GEAR:
Spoiler

With regards!

Seems like a total mana pool problem. As you level up you'll get a slightly bigger mana pool, and getting mana rolls on gear can help. You want more mana to have a better leech rate.

Also you're using a lot of mana heavy supports, maybe swap WED or PPAD for Pierce until later.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info