[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

"
I answered it in the FAQ:

"
"
Q: How's Reflect?
A: With Ondar's Guille reflect is really not an issue, now that my damage is crazy I try to avoid reflect maps but they're manageable. Reflect monsters are no issue.
Ele reflect was a little scary with Weapon Elemental gem. HoIce can also be a little scary in ele reflect maps.
With good leech, pot usage and Ondar's, reflect is not an issue.
In hardcore I'd avoid going over 400% crit multiplier, but below that you're safe.

But I'll expand on it here.
When I got a 6L I tested WED as the 6th gem, giving me a lot of elemental damage. I rolled a ele reflect map (18%) and cleared it without dropping below 50% hp. Honestly though, I wouldn't want to run WED + do reflect maps, but this is only something you should worry about at higher gear levels.

Herald of Ice does take damage down at a faster rate than it's leeched back, this would only be an issue if you were to explode a huge sea witch pack in an ele reflect map (with no potions up). I haven't encountered anything like this yet.

Ondar's Guille + Flasks make reflect a non-issue.
The aura is only 14% reflect.

Some examples from my Shipyard video:
Phys reflect (Jade flask used)
Ele reflect (Jade + Topaz flask used)
Even if you offscreen them without a flask you're safe. I've made it to 90+ playing pretty aggressive in HC and haven't had any scary moments with reflect.

Sorry for rambling on, but I hope that helps.

Yeah I was just specifically wondering about herald of ice's on-kill shatter damage. I have no issues with reflect otherwise on my character so far, and I didn't just want to fire into a reflect pack and instantly die from damage that can't be evaded or mitigated by cwdt.
"
ShadeFinale wrote:
"
I answered it in the FAQ:

"
"
Q: How's Reflect?
A: With Ondar's Guille reflect is really not an issue, now that my damage is crazy I try to avoid reflect maps but they're manageable. Reflect monsters are no issue.
Ele reflect was a little scary with Weapon Elemental gem. HoIce can also be a little scary in ele reflect maps.
With good leech, pot usage and Ondar's, reflect is not an issue.
In hardcore I'd avoid going over 400% crit multiplier, but below that you're safe.

But I'll expand on it here.
When I got a 6L I tested WED as the 6th gem, giving me a lot of elemental damage. I rolled a ele reflect map (18%) and cleared it without dropping below 50% hp. Honestly though, I wouldn't want to run WED + do reflect maps, but this is only something you should worry about at higher gear levels.

Herald of Ice does take damage down at a faster rate than it's leeched back, this would only be an issue if you were to explode a huge sea witch pack in an ele reflect map (with no potions up). I haven't encountered anything like this yet.

Ondar's Guille + Flasks make reflect a non-issue.
The aura is only 14% reflect.

Some examples from my Shipyard video:
Phys reflect (Jade flask used)
Ele reflect (Jade + Topaz flask used)
Even if you offscreen them without a flask you're safe. I've made it to 90+ playing pretty aggressive in HC and haven't had any scary moments with reflect.

Sorry for rambling on, but I hope that helps.

Yeah I was just specifically wondering about herald of ice's on-kill shatter damage. I have no issues with reflect otherwise on my character so far, and I didn't just want to fire into a reflect pack and instantly die from damage that can't be evaded or mitigated by cwdt.

Yeah HoIce is the only real threat, but I've tested it in ele reflect maps and it's fine. You shouldn't drop below 50% health unless it's double reflect or a massive sea witch pack.
HoIce cant crit either (unless Assassin's Mark is on), so the damage is always predictable. Run a Sapphire flask for ele reflect maps if you need to run them, but monster aura reflect wont be an issue.

Can you link your gear? I always like to see other peoples setup.
IGN: @Oos
"

Lv 72, a little over 5k gmp dps with GMP + FA + PPAD + PCoC

Gear :
Spoiler

I have a 6s belly I'm trying to 5L, but I'll probably stick with daresso's defiance. I have conduit and party with a friend who is playing an avatar of fire burning discharger so daresso's defiance + frenzy that has PCoC pretty much lets him press discharge whenever he wants. Otherwise for single target I'd be using power siphon in a 4L.

I really wanna replace the coral ring with a different one that has some more accuracy but other than that I am fairly happy with the gear as-is right now. Also really need to get a curse immune surgeon's quicksilver.

Tree:
Last edited by ShadeFinale on Jan 4, 2015, 5:07:15 PM
Very nice guide, easy to read and a lot of useful info.

I have a pretty similar character right now, lvl 84 shadow in bloodlines. It's a recent project, so I didn't invest too much into it yet. Thinking about trying out crown of eyes though, probably need a better wand before that.

Herald of ice gives more dps than herald of ash surprisingly (for now at least).

10k dps tooltip with 6 charges, herald of thunder, herald of ice and hatred. 4.8k hp.

He is really fun to play, looking forward to upgrading his gear and getting more levels.

Gear setup:
Spoiler

Current tree:
IGN: somewittynamehere
Last edited by 5tr1k3r on Jan 4, 2015, 5:23:32 PM
"
ShadeFinale wrote:
"

Lv 72, a little over 5k gmp dps with GMP + FA + PPAD + PCoC

Gear :
Spoiler

I have a 6s belly I'm trying to 5L, but I'll probably stick with daresso's defiance. I have conduit and party with a friend who is playing an avatar of fire burning discharger so daresso's defiance + frenzy that has PCoC pretty much lets him press discharge whenever he wants. Otherwise for single target I'd be using power siphon in a 4L.

I really wanna replace the coral ring with a different one that has some more accuracy but other than that I am fairly happy with the gear as-is right now. Also really need to get a curse immune surgeon's quicksilver.

Tree:

Your damage and gear are pretty good for your level, as you level up everything will scale a lot higher.
and yeah your gear can improve but it's decent for your level, and that gear will be fine up to 72 maps at least. Not bad :)

"
5tr1k3r wrote:
Very nice guide, easy to read and a lot of useful info.

I have a pretty similar character right now, lvl 84 shadow in bloodlines. It's a recent project, so I didn't invest too much into it yet. Thinking about trying out crown of eyes though, probably need a better wand before that.

Herald of ice gives more dps than herald of ash surprisingly (for now at least).

10k dps tooltip with 6 charges, herald of thunder, herald of ice and hatred. 4.8k hp.

He is really fun to play, looking forward to upgrading his gear and getting more levels.

Gear setup:
Spoiler

Current tree:

Pretty nice gear, that amulet is crazy. Do you need a mana/hybrid flask with the 4% leech though? Maybe get some flat mana on gear so you can leech back fast enough if you get out of mana sometimes.
And do you feel you need Sibyl's Lament? It's a decent ring for this build but you can get more from that slot.

Yeah I've been looking at Crown of Eyes too, especially because my new wand has a spell damage roll too, it's a great helmet just kinda hard to fit it in with the -30 fire roll. Need to shuffle some gear around. There's also not many spell damage nodes near Shadow, just Coldhearted Calculation. The Scion ones are inefficient.

Good luck with your build.
Hey great guide! What would you say the three most important gems to get quality for are?
"
johnbeans wrote:
Hey great guide! What would you say the three most important gems to get quality for are?

Good question. Probably:
Kinetic Blast for the AOE.
PCoC helps a lot for sustaining your clear speed early on when you don't have much crit.
Then either Faster Attacks in your AOE setup, or crit damage in your single target.

I'm waiting for most of my gems to hit level 20 then doing the gcp recipe to relevel them.
Spoiler

My setup :) I'm more elemental than physical but I consider going more hybrid to reach better mana leech. I was feeling lack of single target damage so I've decided to purchase Thunderfists - the idea is to have very high lightning damage to be able to shock even very beefy monsters/bosses. I'm using wrath + all of Heralds.

I got less hp than You do, atm 4550 +130es :P, with better rings I might reach 4800, could be better.
Of course acro and in my case 38% evasion.

DPS: 40k single target, 14k KB (there is still plenty of room to increase those stats)
IGN: _Pabulon_
Last edited by Pabulon on Jan 4, 2015, 7:11:51 PM
Ok first, Verdanian on Reddit suggested some alternate pathing considering I don't play with Conduit. I tested it out and gained some evasion, Heart of the Oak and got a 10% dps increase. Only lost 70 life.
Here's the new tree and New build guide.
I've updated the main post with both the trees and also my sheet stats so you can compare. It's better pathing if you're not going Conduit, only draw back is it has less options at high 90s for skill points to chose. But the build is pretty much complete at 90 so it's fine.

So yeah, thanks to Verdanian, respec to that if you want.
Verdanian also suggested Frost Wall + Spell Totem + Faster Casting, pretty solid 3L for being able to shotgun rares/bosses on open maps, so try that out if you want.

---

"
Pabulon wrote:
Spoiler

My setup :) I'm more elemental than physical but I consider going more hybrid to reach better mana leech. I was feeling lack of single target damage so I've decided to purchase Thunderfists - the idea is to have very high lightning damage to be able to shock even very beefy monsters/bosses. I'm using wrath + all of Heralds.

I got less hp than You do, atm 4550 +130es :P, with better rings I might reach 4800, could be better.
Of course acro and in my case 38% evasion.

DPS: 40k single target, 14k KB (there is still plenty of room to increase those stats)

How's reflect with WED + Crit damage? Nice setup but I'd be a little scared with my wand.
Last edited by Oos on Jan 4, 2015, 9:24:42 PM
Looks awesome, thanks for the guide. Gonna try this after ripping my flameblast guy.

What do you think going CI with this? Nice leech and ele reduction
Last edited by roffo on Jan 4, 2015, 10:17:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info