[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

"
roffo wrote:
Looks awesome, thanks for the guide. Gonna try this after ripping my flameblast guy.

What do you think going CI with this? Nice leech and ele reduction

Yeah that chest is very nice for CI, but you really need a good ES shield to make up for the low ES on chest.
There's a guy on the first page who plays a KB build in HC as CI, maybe PM him and see his tree. CI phys wander is very strong and you can stack crazy crit damage with Vaal Pact.
IGN: @Oos
Will do. Thanks again!
Great guide!

There's one thing I don't get in passive skill tree.
On the way to Elder Power (40% wand dmg), why is it better the ele nodes over the physical ones?
"Embrace the darkness"
Hey I am using a similar Build, using a physical Wand but using Wrath and Anger in a Alphas Howl.
I found that even with a physical Wand my ToolTip is much higher when using Wrath and Anger instead of Hatred or HoA.
My Wand is 175 pDps so this might change when getting a 200+ Wand.
Also I found that PPD nets the least amount of Damage Increase even less than added fire.

I see you are using PPD in every Setup, so is the ToolTip just showing inflated Amounts for elemental Damage although physical is much better due to resistances?
Especially since the Armor Mechanics lead to bigger physical Hits being increasingly better.
IGN: Nuppimperator
"
jerkan7 wrote:
Great guide!

On the way to Elder Power (40% wand dmg), why is it better the ele nodes over the physical ones?

Those nodes are stronger than the 12% phys damage nodes, they're like mini added fire gems. With all the ele conversion nodes and our auras, we add a lot of our physical damage as elemental, so with the high crit we shock/ignite/freeze most monsters.
If you want to take your damage to the next level you can use Weapon Elemental Gem and scale this even further.

"
nuppimperator wrote:
Hey I am using a similar Build, using a physical Wand but using Wrath and Anger in a Alphas Howl.
I found that even with a physical Wand my ToolTip is much higher when using Wrath and Anger instead of Hatred or HoA.
My Wand is 175 pDps so this might change when getting a 200+ Wand.
Also I found that PPD nets the least amount of Damage Increase even less than added fire.

I see you are using PPD in every Setup, so is the ToolTip just showing inflated Amounts for elemental Damage although physical is much better due to resistances?
Especially since the Armor Mechanics lead to bigger physical Hits being increasingly better.

Do you still use HoIce? A lot of the clear speed comes from the shatters.

When I tested PPD in Tabula it was better than Added Fire, I'm guessing you're also using WED to boost your Anger/Wrath more, so Added Fire would be stronger. Even with your setup PPD has benefits though, like you said it isn't affected by monster resistances, but it also provides us with more leech.

Wander is very versatile so use what works for you. Phys wand + phys scaling on tree, then using Anger/Wrath and WED gem I feel is the best for clear speed, but of course has some downsides like less leech and some monsters being very resistant.
Hey thanks for the reply, I am also using HoIce and WED. The shatters do good work ;) .
With Alphas Howl, EB and some Mana and Mana Reserve Nodes I can run 2 Heralds and 2 Auras but with little Mana left.

I use Elemental Weakness in the HoT Setup, but of course its a Softcore build ;)

I will test PPD again when I get a higher Wand or need more leech.

IGN: Nuppimperator
"
Oosband wrote:

How's reflect with WED + Crit damage? Nice setup but I'd be a little scared with my wand.

Reflect doesn't hurt at all, just when I shot a very large pack of mobs for example near shrines, I'm using this:

which is increasing my evasion substantially and in addition in case if I am extremelly unlucky and 95% chance to evade projectiles wouldn't work, I ve got some extra lighting resistance which is the biggest part of my damage. But as You noticed, my wand isn't a high end wand :P

Thanks to Your guide I've decided to do small modifications on my three and I will drop Herald of Ash.
IGN: _Pabulon_
"
Oosband wrote:
"
jerkan7 wrote:
Great guide!

Those nodes are stronger than the 12% phys damage nodes, they're like mini added fire gems. With all the ele conversion nodes and our auras, we add a lot of our physical damage as elemental, so with the high crit we shock/ignite/freeze most monsters.
If you want to take your damage to the next level you can use Weapon Elemental Gem and scale this even further.

Sorry but I am not following you.

The way I see it is if we use hatred and Herald of Ash we should aim to phys. Right?
"Embrace the darkness"
Sorry if someone already mentioned this before- what about an ES version of this build? Would you consider it? Would that be viable? That way you can use blood rage and have alot more attack speed / leech.
"
jerkan7 wrote:
"
Oosband wrote:
"
jerkan7 wrote:
Great guide!

Sorry but I am not following you.

The way I see it is if we use hatred and Herald of Ash we should aim to phys. Right?

Yeah we want to scale our physical damage high, but those nodes are 10% additional damage added as elemental, whereas the physical nodes are increased phys.
It's Increased vs More. The PoE Wiki can explain it better than I can:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Modifiers
Scroll down to Diminishing marginal utility of “increased” modifiers and Multiple “Less” and “More” modifiers.

So those elemental nodes will provide us more damage overall, especially if you use WED gem or WED rolls on gear. Those nodes also give us status effects on crit.
You can get the 12% phys nodes later if you want, but there's better nodes to get before level 90ish.

"
skopetski wrote:
Sorry if someone already mentioned this before- what about an ES version of this build? Would you consider it? Would that be viable? That way you can use blood rage and have alot more attack speed / leech.

CI wander is amazing but requires more currency. You need a good ES base but once your gear is sorted and you're high level, it's arguably stronger than life based because of Blood Rage + Vaal Pact.

The last time I played a CI wander was in closed beta so I can't really help you out with that, but Hartree on the first page is playing one in hc, so maybe PM him if you're interested.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info