[#1 BL Duelist] 2H Cyclone Atziri Slayer, Small 2.0.0 Update

"
Imbecile wrote:
Playing a variation of this build in bloodlines, going well, but need a hand with something:

Level: 75
Health: 5,564
Resistances: 75%+
Chaos: 46%

DPS is at about 10.5k (5link), I have not played too much melee and im having trouble understanding how to upgrade Kaoms, am I just looking for something pDPS 450+ is that really going to make much of a difference? then if what I am buying has crit stats im assuming that messes with the pDPS stat (as well as the attack speed?)

Im assuming prehaps the increase will come from the flat added X-X physical damage.

Sorry for my ignorance!

thanks for any help.

From a well-rolled kaom's, I'd start looking for 500pdps+ upgrades.

Also, your life is a slight bit low for your level, are you using a belly? On the other hand, your chaos resistance is pretty damn good.

The only stats you are about is physical damage and attack speed. Crit doesn't mess with the pdps stat, for it varies from character to character

"
Patoued wrote:
sorry for your death man, i hope you level another one and get back into it :) quick question though, Vaal cyclone VS regular cyclone thoughts?

I find vaal cyclone too yolo for a hardcore league, unless you are partying with a prolif burner. You'll eventually get into the wrong neigbourhood and vaal cyclone it and die.
Why not vaal pact? Lets you run life leech gem instead of LGOH, which should give you way more sustain than just lgoh. Also, wouldn't the melee crit cluster be worth taking instead of RT at later levels? With 97% increased accuracy, wouldn't just having one piece of gear with good acc on it be enough to compensate for the miss change? Or is just 135crit chacne and 15 multi not good enough alone to pick the cluster up?

build has 70+!!% melee attack speed and the crit cluster would give you 16.75% chance to crit if I did the simple math correctly. Combine that with the close to 400% axe dmg increase and vaal pact+life leech and how can you die
Last edited by posterier on Jan 21, 2015, 3:09:07 AM
do you think this build is capable to farm atziri constantly once we reach lvl 90? if so can you write a mini guide of how you did your atziri runs? for example how to handle trash packs, how to do trio and atziri? what was your IC setup? what flasks were you using? did you change your passive nodes and use purity of fire? did you facetank any red or yellow storm calls with or without a topaz up? did you facetank a double flameblast? etc.

this is my third day on bloodlines with this new lvl 77 duelist (last one died at 64 at docks due to my own stupidity), i'm planning to go for atziri once I reach around 88

i'll try out running a few sets on standard with my old 89 scion and make the stats as close as possible to my bloodlines duelist to test it out, first i'll use your tree, then i'll use my tweaked atziri farming tree with aura effect nodes:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAivC9Nkd-hNllTb6nh2qplKknkGwFLXrvdO2E72EhYEsUTRiRvJ_8S89-dqzqGPjrFHEOPDpSggfZfPcyJy-QVRo4wBpZ86yqcqnjahZv-tJmnhcvgKQksMSCQqODticLhtFhUoZgwKYHddw9IVVeEycgiiIs--9Omy1fObCrwaMTTCb4F-FOMrc-xq48LcT2NZLYvf4K-ehBh8aeEH8MfYLH7w5QR-RRZ5uuPnfjFCBfPzkOCZaXefdNJJtBdFhjPfyMz_ZIpldN4_6POuHyRf5UDc0rUBzOPQ8=
Last edited by SayBoBoPlz on Jan 21, 2015, 4:50:29 AM
Once you start running quality blood rage with good chaos resistances, would it be a possibility to remove LgoH or LL for another dps gem?
Spoiler
Right now im using this gear i got 6k hp, 200 all res,41chaos, 11k armor, and 16k dps i think cyclone is preaty decent and fun to play
Last edited by xeidou on Jan 21, 2015, 10:15:53 AM
"
ij0rthegreat wrote:
Once you start running quality blood rage with good chaos resistances, would it be a possibility to remove LgoH or LL for another dps gem?

I don't use the LL gem. Read below to know why I don't want to stop using LGoH.

"
SayBoBoPlz wrote:
do you think this build is capable to farm atziri constantly once we reach lvl 90? if so can you write a mini guide of how you did your atziri runs? for example how to handle trash packs, how to do trio and atziri? what was your IC setup? what flasks were you using? did you change your passive nodes and use purity of fire? did you facetank any red or yellow storm calls with or without a topaz up? did you facetank a double flameblast? etc.

I did atziri in bloodlines around ten times until I got bored.

Requirements: 15k DPS and 7k HP.

Trash: just gotta be a bit careful around otherworldly vaal fallen/snakes and the eventual obelisk pack. If you have ran atziri before, it shouldn't be very hard.

Vaals: Bring one or two topaz and facetank. Do small cycloning movements around them in case a smash is about to happen, so you get some escape time. Topaz as soon as they use ball lightning. I'd also recommend linking your leap slam to culling strike.

Trio: I had a second pair of gloves with ec+ic+duration+echo, and I also wore a kaom's ring for +1 end charge. This isn't very hard. Cycloner->Dualstriker->Tittybitch. After I RIPPED, I yoloed this fight without perma IC just CWDT, it went flawlessly but with a different order, tittybitch->dualstriker->cycloner.

Atziri: I brought a topaz+ruby there. The only stuff I facetanked with pots up were small flameblasts, and anything during the split phase. In the latter you have to be very quick, and thats why I have a dps requirement. I also rubied everytime I saw the double flameblast, just in case.

"
posterier wrote:
Why not vaal pact? Lets you run life leech gem instead of LGOH, which should give you way more sustain than just lgoh. Also, wouldn't the melee crit cluster be worth taking instead of RT at later levels? With 97% increased accuracy, wouldn't just having one piece of gear with good acc on it be enough to compensate for the miss change? Or is just 135crit chacne and 15 multi not good enough alone to pick the cluster up?

build has 70+!!% melee attack speed and the crit cluster would give you 16.75% chance to crit if I did the simple math correctly. Combine that with the close to 400% axe dmg increase and vaal pact+life leech and how can you die

VP is OK if you are not playing bloodlines, and here's why, there's a mod for blue packs called "phylacteral link", only one out of X mobs in a phylacteral pack can be damaged (and leeched off), so basically, you are gonna be killing yourself to blood magic while you are not hitting the vulnerable one; LGoH doesn't care about PL.

Regarding dropping RT, no, just no.
if i run this build... do you think its possible (or worth it) to pick up the endurance charges instead of the mara 4% life nodes and run 6-7 endurance charges (Merci bandits possibly?) and run IC with this setup to be even more tanky?
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"
Demonoz wrote:
if i run this build... do you think its possible (or worth it) to pick up the endurance charges instead of the mara 4% life nodes and run 6-7 endurance charges (Merci bandits possibly?) and run IC with this setup to be even more tanky?

Yes, but it's super annoying to cast IC every 12 seconds. Especially with only 5% cast speed on the tree. Not to mention also risky if you are not paying attention.
benefit of this over facebreaker builds?
Creator
8k life, crazy regen and leech, far better range. Of course, for pure dps you'll want to go facebreaker. Not much can beat 100k cyclone dps.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info