[Torment] Splode's Bridle - Scold's Vaal Molten Shell Incinerator (now with videos)

Very nice looking build. I have been contemplating rolling an Incinerator, now I just might have to. Thanks for the guide!
"
Archetype90 wrote:
Very nice looking build. I have been contemplating rolling an Incinerator, now I just might have to. Thanks for the guide!

You're quite welcome :D glad to see this is of use to someone. Let me know if you need pointers for leveling or something.
I'm proud I made the build that got hotfix nerfed by 80% in under a week :
Kamikaze Clones /1204796 (LL Mirror Arrow Instability Prolif)
I'm currently running a flameblast prolif version with scold's. I've been thinking of trying out an incinerate version with AA for faster vms procs and not take so much damage from just casting.
IGN: Azuredrag, SpliTime

Fastest way to get a hold of me is in-game. Second fastest is through PM. I don't check on threads all that often since I prefer to play :)
I don't know what kind of cast speed you can get on flameblast, but I'm getting about 7 procs per second with incinerate, so that's pretty good. AA mitigates 100% of the self damage from Incinerate (not from VMS, but that's not really an issue unless you put yourself at risk of self stun).
Nice build! Thinking about making a new character following your build, but I have a few questions:

What is your opinion on using an Infernal Mantle instead and skipping VP? On my cast when stunned scolds build I have no issues with reflect, but VMS might be too much. Arctic and 25% less fire damage might be enough though?

If you'd have a 6th link, would a BM version be worth it? Or do you deem Arctic Armour as too important to use a BM gem and skip mana regen?

How would you go through the passive tree while leveling? Rushing Eldritch Battery and then Unwavering (taking the good nodes on the way there) and afterwards just fill in on the lacking fields?
you should try to get a q20 vaal molten shell and drop pen for prolif, will increase your clearspeed greatly. did a vaal molten shell build in the last 2 hc leagues (didnt do one in bloodlines so far) i didnt have a scolds, but a doedres elexir was what i had to work with in the end for slow mobs in maps.

check out my outdated guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1089558

maybe you get some ideas. or whatever. kudos anyways.
"
EZPZY wrote:
What is your opinion on using an Infernal Mantle instead and skipping VP? On my cast when stunned scolds build I have no issues with reflect, but VMS might be too much. Arctic and 25% less fire damage might be enough though?

Only way to survive reflect without VP is with near-100% fire res. VMS damage is just too much to handle otherwise. You can get immunity with RotP + flask, at which point you might as well be running RF. That's another take on the concept that is definitely a valid option. The downside would be the more risk to kill yourself if you don't flask correctly, and having to avoid reflect maps (which I don't). VP also gives better leech overall.

"
EZPZY wrote:
If you'd have a 6th link, would a BM version be worth it? Or do you deem Arctic Armour as too important to use a BM gem and skip mana regen?

I would not, AA is really important here, I kill myself pretty fast with self damage when it's off. It would be twice as bad with BM's cost multiplier.

"
EZPZY wrote:
How would you go through the passive tree while leveling? Rushing Eldritch Battery and then Unwavering (taking the good nodes on the way there) and afterwards just fill in on the lacking fields?

I filled out most of the templar tree first, then over to witch and EB, then down to the scion life wheel. Then come the duration nodes, then the shadow part. UW is what I took last, but taking it earlier would not be a bad idea.

"
DerKobold16 wrote:
you should try to get a q20 vaal molten shell and drop pen for prolif(...)

Thx for the kind words. I also did VMS builds before Scold's, with prolif. The need for it is greatly diminished by self spamming procs. Prolif would probably still help with picking off stragglers though, as you say, but frankly I'm fed up with burn prolif... It would be worth adding to the guide for people going for max efficiency though. I will, thx for the suggestion.

I just bought a Scolds and divined it once.

Got the 100% lol.
I want to make a build using RF, Incinerate, VMS, as well as the uniques Rotp, Cloak of flame, 2 Mokous Embrace rings, and obviously Scold's. Can anyone tell me if this is possible?
Steam- squurellkiller
IGN- Sir_Loots (Standard)
"
I just bought a Scolds and divined it once.

Got the 100% lol.
I want to make a build using RF, Incinerate, VMS, as well as the uniques Rotp, Cloak of flame, 2 Mokous Embrace rings, and obviously Scold's. Can anyone tell me if this is possible?

That's definitely possible (and likely to be very very strong), but I would advise against the Mokous. To ignite yourself through CoF, you need to not be using AA at all, and besides the loss of its defensive power, that means you will hurt yourself a lot with Scold's. I'm not saying it cannot work (there's actually interesting stuff to do with CwdT if you do that), but it's going to be harder to pull off imo. Incinerate/VMS is already ridiculously powerful ; RF on top puts it over the top. You really don't need any more deeps after that I think, especially not at the expense of tankiness.
New short video added, ran some more juicy double beyonds today and finally spawned Abaxoth. It was a bit anti-climatic, in a sense!

http://youtu.be/4GtGY3gKJVE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info