[Torment] Splode's Bridle - Scold's Vaal Molten Shell Incinerator (now with videos)

I am running a similar build which is inspired by both, OP and FutureBlues.

Gear

With my variation, I can run clariy, 2x 40% auras (right not PoF and vitality) and HoI/HoT.
Even incinerate will shock/ignite rares. VMS just devastates while reflect is still a none issue.

The gear is not really optimal, but I want to wear the +2 gloves. There is a lot room to grow. Rare gloves (I have a nice pair w/o +2) will allow me to drop the rare chest for CoF or Daresso's (sounds interesting ;).

For bosses I estimated my dps around 350k including shock and burn (replacing prolif with conc effect). Eventually, I can replace vitality with purity of lightning to gain some tankiness back.

In the early level 80's I was running a pure prolif version with flameblast and cloak of flame. I used tripple purity and saffell's frame and I had lots of freedom to put chaos res on my rare gear pieces. That left me at capped +79 chaos res and about 82% ele res. Was really comfortable and tanky.

Ign: Ohjeahx
Hey Peppermintbutler, thank you very much for interesting build! I've respecced my first characrer in torment into VMS + incinerates. And it is really fun!

I was trying to adjust passive tree but cant get more optimization then you did. First I tried with 5L cloak of flame and I was like I want to keep VMS on for more time! So only change I've made is gem links : VMS - inc duration - inc area - life leach - fire penetration - VMS. It is practically double 5L. The idea is taken from SRS builds in which I used vaal haste - vaal haste - inc duration to turn it on for most of times on map. It turned out well, I can turn on VMS most of times once I get the first souls. I know 6L is not cheap to get but I think it worth to invest if one like Scold's + VMS builds (someone like me).

Thanks.
Running Atziri is just ridiculously easy with this spec.
You can charge several VMS on the trash and swap them in the actual fight.

Last edited by Ohjeah on Feb 27, 2015, 8:56:05 PM
Nice kicks !

Atziri really is a piece of cake.
I also heard of someone who was running Uber with a spec like this one (RF version) since two weeks into Torment, so that's interesting.
I'm proud I made the build that got hotfix nerfed by 80% in under a week :
Kamikaze Clones /1204796 (LL Mirror Arrow Instability Prolif)
Coming back to this build today. Here are some new-ish thoughts.

Finally tried Daresso's. It's glorious. Perma onslaught is fantastic. I don't think I'll be moving back away from it any time soon.
This has brought me on a quest for speed. This build doesn't really need any more damage, but it feels quite slow, especially after coming back to it from my MA MI prolif build, which has high movement speed (aka higher clear speed) and is generally more enjoyable because of it.

First stop : ditch the Windscreams. Second curse is luxury, it's not needed at all. Put 30% MS rares in there, preferably with life and resists and some ES. Another change I don't see myself going back on.

Second stop : more radical, and still WiP : something else to use while VMS is up. running around casting a bit of incinerate here and there works fine, but I've been experimenting with some interesting alternatives.
A : Cyclone (unsupported). Just put that in a free slot (like the one were we had the second curse) and keep the button down right at your feet, zoom away. Many asplosions, like that BotW except a lot less shitty. There is a bit of a mana problem still with spamming too much of cyclone, but seems like it could be fixed fairly easily. And yes, you end up cycloning with a Pledge, which is comical. Alternatively you could weapon switch to anything you want, like double screaming eagles, eagle + shield or your choice, etc. Then you can just put cyclone with BM and not worry about cost anymore. I do like the idea of cycloning with Pledge because it's lolsy and it also allows you to switch to incinerate instantly on tanky targets that need it.
B : the stupid idea - weapon switch to Oro's Sacrifice with Flicker Strike, Chance to Ignite, Melee Splash, etc (no multistrike). Enjoy infinite flickering around while exploding in the face of everyone. I haven't got this quite right yet, but it is hilarious and potentially quite effective. It needs a larger focus on ignite than I have. If this does work as I think it would, I might be tempted to actually build around it (still VMS scolds but without Incinerate, and possibly CoMK which I have been wanting to play with for ages).

Edit :
C: Just squeeze flicker strike - FA and blood rage somewhere, flicker with pledge. Laugh manically.
Blood rage + vaal pact = not fun though... This might be better suited for a RF build which should have plenty enough regen to not be bothered by BR.
Last edited by PepprmintButler on Mar 4, 2015, 1:43:56 AM
Hey guys, awesome build. Trying out the RF version. I have a question i can't seem to figure out:

Why do you use Inner Force passive? (increased buff effect)

I do realise it increases the spell damage effect of RF, but also the degeneration from it.
Ofcourse the buff effect also affects the auras, but will it be worth it? I got inner force and suddenly started losing life with RF on. ^^ (lvl 19 purity of fire) 87 Max res
"
Damaos wrote:

I do realise it increases the spell damage effect of RF, but also the degeneration from it.
Ofcourse the buff effect also affects the auras, but will it be worth it? I got inner force and suddenly started losing life with RF on. ^^ (lvl 19 purity of fire) 87 Max res

You kinda need lvl20 purity for IF to work out.
"
"
Damaos wrote:

Alright, so the purity only gains from inner force at level 20. Meaning it actually gains 2 max res from level 19-20?

"
Damaos wrote:
"
"
Damaos wrote:

Alright, so the purity only gains from inner force at level 20. Meaning it actually gains 2 max res from level 19-20?

Yes. IF also increases your heralds and AA!
Cool! Looking forward to level 20 purity of fire then.

1 last question:

Purity corrupted to level 21 doesn't give a higher max res even with Inner Force, does it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info