2.0 Mathil's Life Crit Ele Kinetic Blaster - Cheap, easy, effective

Anyway to make a similar build that uses ST instead?
"
Mathil wrote:
"
fakeThranduil wrote:
Gonna try this build in 2.0

Best links for frenzy? Frenzy-wed-faster attacks-??

BM

Thanks.
Reached a3 cruel. Leveled with flame totem till I had kinetic blast. Levelling with kb now.
Build is a little tight on intelligence and strength. For levelling I spent two points and got the +30 nodes. Once I have better gear I'm gonna spec out of them.
Kb really shines in indoor maps and small areas as the explosions shotgun.
"
chosk80 wrote:

OMG.................. You can't figure it out ? seriously.........

"
Altoga wrote:

This is quite hilarious xD

Thx for help guys, you're really nice.

How is it hilarious that I can't sustain -80hp per one Kinetic blast without life leech which was not included in OP's build?

It's ok, I figured it out, spent my life's earnings on a 5-link and use life leech gem now. However this could be noted that the build - being elemental dmg focused - will have little to no life or mana leech and the auras take away 100% mana so you're left with one option: blood magic on all spells which is tough to sustain until you can afford awesome gear with lots of +life.

At 1000~~ HP pool sustaining blood magic kinetic blast + frenzy is impossible without leech :P
Last edited by TheDravic on Jul 13, 2015, 11:13:30 AM
Hey guys, I wanna try to this build out in the new HC league.. is it viable?
@jaka92

Build is kinda rippy. Early on youre okay with just one aura but when you step into the full 3 (Wrath + 2 Heralds) and start going into blood magic, you really need good gear to sustain it and not make yourself softer due to using your life.

Had severe difficulty trying to do Malachai without dying (trying this build in Warbands for potential use in Tempest so I play like I am in hardcore) but it was just impossible to get the damage out on PS alone. Have not tried it with frenzy or after the Malachai nerf in normal and cruel.

His guide is kind of all over the damn place with a lot of info being old or out dated. (Recent frost wall change).

---------------

Frost wall was changed recently so now you cant really shotgun with it if you have any kind of pierce. I am still exploring single target options but PS feels really weak right now.

Im using Life Leech + Slither Pinch + Wurms Coil and I still have to pot now and then and I am only on 4L for KB.
Last edited by Darkenspirit on Jul 13, 2015, 1:45:10 PM
@Mathil

I am not familiar with the way Path of Exile calculates elemental damage and its amplifications (with the perks from skill tree of yours):

is it better to have a couple different, but weaker elements in the wand (lets say all 3 elements but each low-to-medium roll), or is it better to have one or two stronger rolls (TOTAL elemental dmg would be equally spread in both cases)?

or maybe it doesnt matter in your build?

Lets say I could get a wand with cold, fire, lightning each mediocre roll or try to get a wand with super high lightning + mediocre cold roll.

which is better?
My thoughts on this build so far (currently lvl 78). I think I switched to KB 4L about lvl 30-35, the biggest issue for me was that each cast cost me like 75mana but my hp was like 1k or just over it. So I kept spamming HP flasks all the time and it was fine. The dps from there was really good. Once I started getting into higher lvls 65+ loosing a lot of HP was not an issue anymore. Leveling KB using 4L is so easy with this build, even though you are kinda squishy you compensate from very good clear speed.

I am lvl 78 with really bad gear and I have 10k dps with 4 Power Charges and 7.7k dps without Power Charges, the clear speed is insane for this build with 4L only (I'll add FA as 5th link) with gear worth 10C-15C.

Love how you get the Power Charges without casting anything.

Best cheap build ever but not for HC leagues for sure.
IGN - Sparky_RAMPAGE
Last edited by apatia77 on Jul 13, 2015, 6:09:31 PM
"
Darkenspirit wrote:
@jaka92

Build is kinda rippy. Early on youre okay with just one aura but when you step into the full 3 (Wrath + 2 Heralds) and start going into blood magic, you really need good gear to sustain it and not make yourself softer due to using your life.

Had severe difficulty trying to do Malachai without dying (trying this build in Warbands for potential use in Tempest so I play like I am in hardcore) but it was just impossible to get the damage out on PS alone. Have not tried it with frenzy or after the Malachai nerf in normal and cruel.

His guide is kind of all over the damn place with a lot of info being old or out dated. (Recent frost wall change).

---------------

Frost wall was changed recently so now you cant really shotgun with it if you have any kind of pierce. I am still exploring single target options but PS feels really weak right now.

Im using Life Leech + Slither Pinch + Wurms Coil and I still have to pot now and then and I am only on 4L for KB.

Frost wall cant be pierce now?
IGN: OP_Split
GMT +8
Hi lads

I am playing on Tempest temp HC league and seriously have had no dramas with anything. level 77 atm.

Here is my gear:

My tree is the same as OP but I put an extra point into INT because that is what I am lacking.

leveling was a breeze. Don't start out with Bloodmagic just use 1 aura + 1 herald. I didn't switch to BM until I got the duelist life regen nodes - once you have those you can sustain no drama. Just level with some mana pots - you'll 1 shot most packs anyway.

Don't see how it isn't hardcore viable as you'll literally - especially once I get a better wand 1 shot all mobs. Reflect will probably be the only problem and that could be counted by going vaal pact but i'll test that later when it actually does become an issue.

Have fun & be safe.
I'm level 71 for now and I like this build so far. Exploding huge packs of mobs so quickly feels great :) However against tough single mobs I have a hard time, especially low level maps bosses or some other unique monsters who kill me more often than I'd like to with my 3000 HP :/

The frostwall thing is not very convincing, and I just read about the nerf. I'm thinking about trying knockback with frenzy (if it's possible and if it works on uniques, I've never tried knockback so far) to push mobs against an actual wall.

I really feel I'm lacking in defense. How about arrow dancing vs phase acrobatics or take both ? Or should I just continue to increase my HP ? I'm playing softcore btw.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info