2.0 Mathil's Life Crit Ele Kinetic Blaster - Cheap, easy, effective

I tested it a bit and it feels like when you pierce the wall now you dont get the explosions from kinetic blast. I mean everyone can try it out just put away your GMP and shot into frostwall. If this is right we probably dont want the pierce in tree anymore.

Edit: well maybe it never did? Pierce is kinda for clearspeed i guess. Anyway frost wall combo feel very weak. I dont use it anymore.
Last edited by Vindarfael on Jul 17, 2015, 4:07:59 AM
Hi, I'm trying to run this build on a 85 ranger, and get a bit low damage (use Life Leech as 5-th link) - only 17k charged dps. How can I improve my build and gear?

Passive skill tree build

Gear
Clearing Speed is pretty good with only 4 link. Single target dps sucks. Frenzy for single target dps is not really viable in my opinion, hard to aim. Physical spell hurts like hell, have major problems fighting daresso and maligaro.

Mobility mobs(Mobs that kite and gap closing mobs etc) are really annoying.

KB Frost wall combo is not that good without decoy totem.
Blood rage is meh, cos leech only applies to physical damage.

My Gears
Spoiler

Passive Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAF4DHgUtBbUGIwceCC4JoA5IEZYUsBUgFr8Zjhm0H0Ej9iaVKgsqWy2DMHEwfDY9OkJDMUM2RXxHfklRS3hNklFHUuxVS13yYeJirGVNbIxs521scFJw1XNwdO11y3n2eu99dX_Ggh6E2YnTjDaNfY1-jb-VLpeXmmGdqp-IoqOjirQ4tMW1SLe2u-O9Nr6nwfPCc8LsxKLOcNN-1CPawd2o5RnqYu2D7g7vevDV8-r2o_bn-_X-ug==

Last edited by MinaGing on Jul 17, 2015, 7:34:29 AM
@To everyone who wants single target

Frost Wall works GREAT when the target is not moving, cast it on top of the target or behind him and fire volleys of projectiles at him. However in order for Frost wall to work you have to REMOVE any piercing chance from your build. Remove the piercing chance from your skill tree as well as remove any pierce chance support gem from your links.

You dont want to pierce with Kinetic blast anymore.

instead I recommend going for:

Kinetic Blast > Greater Multiple Projectiles > Weapon Elemental Damage > Blood Magic > Faster Attacks > Criticical Damage (multiplier) gem

if your lightning damage is more than 50% of your total damage (easy to check by checking the tooltip for Kinetic blast - hover over it, if the average lightning damage looks like more than 50% of your dmg) - 6th gem could be LIGHTNING PENETRATION instead of Critical Damage (multiplier). Penetration adds a lot of dmg if lightning is majority of your DPS.

instead of the piercing for very high lvl build you could go for Elemental damage with weapons nodes:

the nodes are to the left from Arrow dancing in the bottom right corner of the tree and result in +34% increased weapon elemental dmg to make up for lack of piercing.

@Kharantir

In the opening post there's now a mention that Piscator sucks
Use a good wand with HIGH crit chance, HIGH attack speed.

physical dmg is barely needed so you can ignore it, and ANY kind of elemental dmg rolls (especially very high ones) are great boosts to your dps.

here's example of my current wand, lvl 78 @ Warbands league, got it for like 10 chaos

Here is my current build, got 32k DPS (with 6 frenzy and 5 power charges up) with Maligaro's Virtuosity (that is the only Unique i have right now on me) and 5-link armor:

Last edited by TheDravic on Jul 17, 2015, 11:17:34 AM
Hey!

Long time I played a phys. CI wander and I must say - the new hybrid-life-wander rocks! did some variations on the tree but nothing special.

Damage is 100k with charges which means I die to reflect. With vaal pact...

Now I have to find a solution. Got only 30% evade. Maybe arrow dance
^Thanks Dravic, could you please post your gear/gem links?
"
TheDravic wrote:
@To everyone who wants single target

Frost Wall works GREAT when the target is not moving, cast it on top of the target or behind him and fire volleys of projectiles at him. However in order for Frost wall to work you have to REMOVE any piercing chance from your build. Remove the piercing chance from your skill tree as well as remove any pierce chance support gem from your links.

You dont want to pierce with Kinetic blast anymore.

instead I recommend going for:

Kinetic Blast > Greater Multiple Projectiles > Weapon Elemental Damage > Blood Magic > Faster Attacks > Criticical Damage (multiplier) gem

if your lightning damage is more than 50% of your total damage (easy to check by checking the tooltip for Kinetic blast - hover over it, if the average lightning damage looks like more than 50% of your dmg) - 6th gem could be LIGHTNING PENETRATION instead of Critical Damage (multiplier). Penetration adds a lot of dmg if lightning is majority of your DPS.

instead of the piercing for very high lvl build you could go for Elemental damage with weapons nodes:

the nodes are to the left from Arrow dancing in the bottom right corner of the tree and result in +34% increased weapon elemental dmg to make up for lack of piercing.

@Kharantir

In the opening post there's now a mention that Piscator sucks
Use a good wand with HIGH crit chance, HIGH attack speed.

physical dmg is barely needed so you can ignore it, and ANY kind of elemental dmg rolls (especially very high ones) are great boosts to your dps.

here's example of my current wand, lvl 78 @ Warbands league, got it for like 10 chaos

Here is my current build, got 32k DPS (with 6 frenzy and 5 power charges up) with Maligaro's Virtuosity (that is the only Unique i have right now on me) and 5-link armor:

Even if 50% of ur dmg is 50% + lightning I you have high crit chance crit multi is stronger
"
Skip511 wrote:
Hey!

Long time I played a phys. CI wander and I must say - the new hybrid-life-wander rocks! did some variations on the tree but nothing special.

Damage is 100k with charges which means I die to reflect. With vaal pact...

Now I have to find a solution. Got only 30% evade. Maybe arrow dance

post your gear and passive tree :P

here is mine!

Gear

Last edited by TheDravic on Jul 17, 2015, 7:51:32 PM
Gear
Spoiler

I don't have anything worth a shit, but bring the boss or whatever you want to kill near a wall and they'll melt.

I'm thinking about removing frostwall. It sucks now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info