2.0 Mathil's Life Crit Ele Kinetic Blaster - Cheap, easy, effective

"
The most important stats on a wand for this build are Attack Speed and Crit Chance. Increased Elemental Damage with weapons is also very desirable. The physical damage really doesn't matter too much, and flat elemental damage is nice to have, but not necessary. The vast majority of your damage comes from your auras and heralds, so attack speed and crit chance / multiplier are the most effective ways to increase that damage.

I played this build as my second character in Torment league and found it to be very effective in almost every situation. I made a few different passive choices compared to Mathil, and as a result my crit chance is actually pretty low (only about 65% even with 6 power charges up). My GMP KB tooltip is just over 15k, but that's more than enough for 75/76 maps in my experience.

My current tree at 87 - http://poeurl.com/zhKBBtP

I could drop some life and aura nodes in order to pick up True Strike, but I feel like my DPS is sufficient and survivability is where the character needs the most work.

I really like my wand, which I bought (uncrafted) for what I consider a bargain for 35c earlier in the league.

Verified

Thanks to Mathil for the build concept!

Hi there,

can you post your skill tree and gear please?

thanks
Thinking about running this in the new league. I'm debating between going Elemental and Physical. How do you feel they compare with Kinetic Blast?
when I'm using this wand, my DPS is 9.7k

When I use
it's 7.2k

Why? Lel.
had a templar with a free respec left from some ancient time so i remade the passive tree for templar starting point.

tree 98 points (level 84 with 4 points saved up. so level 80 in reality)

templar isn't the most efficient class for this build. some passive points wasted on pathing. but they do have some sweet elemental damage/mana regen points in the starting area to somewhat make up for that.

if anyone is curious templar works pretty well after some testing in 73 canyon, 74 gorge and 75 plateau maps. so it's a possibility if anyone was wondering.

templar pros:

# nice elemental passives if using ele wand/piscator
# one extra power charge
# more mana regen and life

templar cons:

# some passive points wasted on pathing
# less crit chance somewhat made up from that extra power charge.

have around 4k life at lvl 84 with 4 points saved up. 32k dps with power siphon and 14k with kinetic blast.

all my gear is self found or from the stash so i spent exacly nothing on this templar. cheapest build ever hehehe. even had all the gems.

had a piscator in stash i found in torment league so i decided to put that to use.

my options with that are threefold as i see it.

1. run clarity to get enough regen for skills
2. dual curse with warlord mark to get mana leech for main skills.
3. thief's torment ring. <- i went with this option simply because i had one in my stash i found in docks or something. maligaro gloves to make up for lost crits i can't get on my rings.

my biggest gripe is my semi low accuracy. 84% chance to hit at lvl 84. need to 5l my belly and put an additional accuracy gem as 5:th gem. still no solution for power siphon though except get better gear. maybe i can reach 90% chance to hit simply via better gear.

would have to drop maligaro and get rare gloves with accuracy. and also drop thiefs ring to get rare accuracy rings. i tested putting on some 300+ acc gloves and they raised my chance to hit from 84% to 87% so they aren't worth using alone.

hope this helped someone.

/kompaniet
over and out
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 19, 2015, 9:02:58 PM
AWAKENING UPDATE

Passive tree update in 2.0

This build has gone through some changes for 2.0 that I believe have made it much smoother and better than before. The video guide for this build may now be found here. Most of what I say here is covered in that video and other videos later on for gameplay.

Firstly you will no longer be running all auras but rather just Wrath, Herald of Ice and Herald of Thunder. With both heralds attached to curse on hit + assassin's mark we keep up power charges quite easily, along with Power Charge on Crit attached to my pseudo single target, Frenzy. Instead of Alphas Howl we're now using a Rats Nest and paired with other changes in the passive tree we get quite good movement speed and the character becomes very mobile.

We no longer worry about mana at all as we run the main skill on Blood Magic. Your links will be BM + Kinetic Blast + GMP + WED + Pierce or Faster Attacks. The 6th link has not been explored and will be up to you. Damage scales through WED, crit, crit multi, attack speed, accuracy and frenzy charges so as always the better your gear is the more you will get out of the build but it is quite good early on with little to no gear anyway. That said, the elemental damage on the wand is quite important now as every high roll will be equivalent to a herald or even better so your wand will be a large part of your damage. Piscators kinda sucks for the build now since it scales your elemental damage and you don't get all that much from auras anymore. A good rare will go much much farther, trust me.

With low end gear I was able to reach about 20k GMP dps and with high end I was well over 50k. KB will be your primary single target paired with Frost Wall when used correctly. It takes a bit of practice to maximize dps through pierce and Frost Wall but in my experience it's best to cast atleast 2 frost walls on top of or directly behind the target before firing volleys of KB into it. Examples may be seen in my last video for ele Kinetic Blast found here.

Lastly, there is no leech on gear or gem as it felt weak to me and unneccessary. The best defense to me was a strong offense but at the really high end of gear you will potentially be killing yourself to reflect. I haven't tried out Life Leech + VP to combat this but it may well suffice. On lower to mid ends of dps your evasion, dodge and block along with resist flasks provides plenty of defense against reflect.

I'm now much happier to recommend this build as I found it very fun and effective and think it's a pretty great starting build even. Hope you all have success and have fun.

A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Last edited by Mathil on Jul 10, 2015, 3:42:50 AM
Why not such tree http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAx4EBwW1BiMJoA3RDkgPqxGWFLAWQBZvFr8XLxmKGjgajxvIHRQdqh9BIG4kiySqJLAmlScvKgsqOCpbLR8vbzBxNj026TpCOlg62D9zQktFfEZxS1dLeEyzUDBS7FVLVYVVxlm8WfNd8l-wYeJirGNDZp5sjGznbWxvnnBScLtw1XIPc3B3B3_GgKSCHoJegwmD24V9hxOIQonTjDaNv49GkFWVIJeXmmGboZu1nKSdqp-IpcusmLQ4tMW1SL7uwOPBxcHzwnPC7MM6xSjHyslEykrOcNQj2RPdqOGI42rlGewY7Djxs_Pq9lv22vfX-tL7Cfv1_kk=
You missing aura nodes.
Last edited by godimmo on Jul 10, 2015, 4:17:49 AM
Why does he need aura nodes when using BM?
Really hate the fact that they nerfed arrow dancing even further... 30/-30....
I was really hoping I could do another ST build when I start this league but it looks like it's be nerfed even harder than ever. I never get to use my cosmetic for it anymore :(

This sounds like something to try out though. Did tornado shot last time which was ok but it was far too glass cannon for higher end stuff. Hopfully going back to a shield helps but all the nerfs to survivability looks like they are going to screw over any build I try since I mostly play self found and they seem to really hate that.

I'll see how it goes when I get the chance.
Gonna try this build in 2.0

Best links for frenzy? Frenzy-wed-faster attacks-??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info