2.0 Mathil's Life Crit Ele Kinetic Blaster - Cheap, easy, effective

"
civillis wrote:
Hi,
Can you answer me one question pls..
What is better, low phys+ele wand or just physical wand with lower dmg?
I was using phys+ele and now crafted just physical wand, but my kinetic blast dps with it goes down from 6k to 4k+. I'm new at this so maybe even dps is lower phys is better coz of passives phys dmg conversion to ele etc?
And why did you go for increase wep ele dmg on passive tree, if build is better with physical wand?
Cheers

You guys can correct me if i'm wrong, but most of the damage comes from the aura's. Mathil picked a phys damage wand to help him leech mana.
Which aura and herald combo should I run if I can only run three at the moment?
Spoiler

I do 20k GMP with 6Charges up. The tooltip is not affected by Conc Effect, so I imagine the actual damage is even higher. I have no problems with any bosses or any map mods except BM.

I have the Vaal Pact tree version.
Thanks for the fun build. I'm not sure how I could get up to 30k GMP as you Mathil. Also, I wish there was a way to get knockback on this.
"
Unspec wrote:
Which aura and herald combo should I run if I can only run three at the moment?

Anger, wrath and herald of thunder to proc ur curse
Hi, would like to know how much dps is considered high enough to start using GMP. My dps with LMP is 7945 while with GMP its 5637. Will really need help on this. Thanks! :D
"
Hi, would like to know how much dps is considered high enough to start using GMP. My dps with LMP is 7945 while with GMP its 5637. Will really need help on this. Thanks! :D

I don't think you take tooltip dps into account considering how superficial it is. GMP is almost always better because of how many more explosions and AoE clear you will get. Just so long as you have the mana pool/leech/regen to keep up
I just respect my 47lvl shadow to this build since i found 5l belly and i want to do fun build around it but..with my gear i only do around 500 dps with

even with wraith and heral of ice ..is it normal? cause its pain in the ass killing mobs with that dmg also with 24 critchance

im on the end of cruel atm and it takes me sometimes half a minute to kill rare mob when hes alone..my mana is dropping down after 3-4 KB hits and then it takes 2-3 hits of default attack to get mana for another fullgmp hit of KB, i also even run clarity..and then my hp is dropping cause i cant sustain hits so long

pls help me if theres some catch heres my gear

skilltree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAx4GIw5ID6sRlhSwFr8fQSaVKgs_c0V8S1dRTFM1VUtd8mHiakNrF2-ecFJw1XNwdwd_xoIegwmHE4nTjDaVIJeXmmGbtZykn4iio6xHtDi1SLzqvu7AVMDjwfPCc8M6x8rJRMpK5Rnxs_Pq9uf79Q==

Last edited by Daemonion on Feb 8, 2015, 7:06:43 PM
^
Spoiler
"
Daemonion wrote:
I just respect my 47lvl shadow to this build since i found 5l belly and i want to do fun build around it but..with my gear i only do around 500 dps with

even with wraith and heral of ice ..is it normal? cause its pain in the ass killing mobs with that dmg also with 24 critchance

im on the end of cruel atm and it takes me sometimes half a minute to kill rare mob when hes alone..my mana is dropping down after 3-4 KB hits and then it takes 2-3 hits of default attack to get mana for another fullgmp hit of KB, i also even run clarity..and then my hp is dropping cause i cant sustain hits so long

pls help me if theres some catch heres my gear

skilltree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAx4GIw5ID6sRlhSwFr8fQSaVKgs_c0V8S1dRTFM1VUtd8mHiakNrF2-ecFJw1XNwdwd_xoIegwmHE4nTjDaVIJeXmmGbtZykn4iio6xHtDi1SLzqvu7AVMDjwfPCc8M6x8rJRMpK5Rnxs_Pq9uf79Q==

Your wand is kind of slow, I'd suggest an imbued wand eventually. The biggest thing that will be effecting your dmg that I see is that most of your gear is focused on leach. Lots and lots of leach. You have pretty much no Elemental dmg with weapons or any flat dmg mods on items. This one ring I use boosts my dmg by a lot with it's flat dmg rolls.

The physical is partially for dmg but mostly for leaching. The bulk of your dmg will be from elemental dmg, You could try using a blood magic gem instead of the life leach and only keeping enough of your leach gear to shoot indefinitely and swapping out the rest for elemental dmg with weapons gear. Also you'll want to run herald of thunder, not just ice and wrath. If you use a blood-magic in your 5 link you should be able to do it with a single reduced mana gem. if possible, 2. so you can run herald of thunder with curse on hit and assassin's mark. But basically the BM gem will let you not worry about mana. Also for single target you'll want a power siphon 4 link, attached to faster attacks, inc critical strikes, and wep elemental dmg. If that's not an option for you, a frost wall with faster cast and inc duration could help you trap rares so you can hit them with your main attack.

tl;dr less leach, more elemental dmg,

Edit. I missed that you were in cruel. The build is difficult to level up as a kinetic blaster from the get go. It's a glass canon as you get life nodes late game. And the dmg doesn't become truly substantial till lvl 60+ Maybe get to lvl 60+ with flameblast. then swap back to kinetic blast. I had trouble killing cruel Dominus with my kinetic blast dmg.
Last edited by ಥ_ಥ on Feb 10, 2015, 10:06:52 PM
Hi there

what wand should i choose? and low physical but good ele or no ele but good physical. I have gear that gives increase elemental damage with weapon

thanks
"
drking100 wrote:
Hi there

what wand should i choose? and low physical but good ele or no ele but good physical. I have gear that gives increase elemental damage with weapon

thanks

The most important stats on a wand for this build are Attack Speed and Crit Chance. Increased Elemental Damage with weapons is also very desirable. The physical damage really doesn't matter too much, and flat elemental damage is nice to have, but not necessary. The vast majority of your damage comes from your auras and heralds, so attack speed and crit chance / multiplier are the most effective ways to increase that damage.

I played this build as my second character in Torment league and found it to be very effective in almost every situation. I made a few different passive choices compared to Mathil, and as a result my crit chance is actually pretty low (only about 65% even with 6 power charges up). My GMP KB tooltip is just over 15k, but that's more than enough for 75/76 maps in my experience.

My current tree at 87 - http://poeurl.com/zhKBBtP

I could drop some life and aura nodes in order to pick up True Strike, but I feel like my DPS is sufficient and survivability is where the character needs the most work.

I really like my wand, which I bought (uncrafted) for what I consider a bargain for 35c earlier in the league.

Thanks to Mathil for the build concept!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info