How about a drawback to using EA?

"
tempallo wrote:
Hahah that guy is so funny! Ues we only ein cause of our broken builds, we got 0 pvp knowledge and 0 skill.
Although we still have to find some1 that accept a guild vs guild.

Why do you type like I'd expect a guy with crap in his mouth would talk IRL?
IGN: LordAsutarosu
I wasn't able to participate in Alpha testing, so I hope people don't confuse any of my posts for complaining rather than a legitimate effort to exercise balance.

Balancing EA:
I've thought of several ways that EA can be balanced without destroying build.

1) user experiences 5-10% damage taken from own explosions (except if explosion is on opponents body)
- this will limit EA users from wall camping and earning an instant win against anyone "foolish" enough to think that their melee can beat a bower up close.

2) nerf explosion damage in melee range (except if explosion is on opponents body). If arrows hit within a certain distance from casters body, the damage should be heavily nerfed *at least to the point where a quality melee can stand a chance against a camping EA.
- this will, again, avoid free wins and lazy play style by.

3. Nerf explosion radius.
- some of these maps are so tight, and impossible to avoid the radius proc by EA that even getting to EA user results in a likely death.

4. Fix broken EA mechanic. The explosion goes through some obstacles like wooden fences. It also proc's off of edges of map without visible wall.

There are so many things wrong with EA that at least one of these can be implemented to give every not manual cast tornado shot a chance at winning a match.
Last edited by bigfoot312 on Dec 17, 2014, 2:32:36 PM
"
bigfoot312 wrote:
I wasn't able to participate in Alpha testing, so I hope people don't confuse any of my posts for complaining rather than a legitimate effort to exercise balance.

Balancing EA:
I've thought of several ways that EA can be balanced without destroying build.

1) user experiences 5-10% damage taken from own explosions (except if explosion is on opponents body)
- this will limit EA users from wall camping and earning an instant win against anyone "foolish" enough to think that their melee can beat a bower up close.

2) nerf explosion damage in melee range (except if explosion is on opponents body). If arrows hit within a certain distance from casters body, the damage should be heavily nerfed *at least to the point where a quality melee can stand a chance against a camping EA.
- this will, again, avoid free wins and lazy play style by.

3. Nerf explosion radius.
- some of these maps are so tight, and impossible to avoid the radius proc by EA that even getting to EA user results in a likely death.

4. Fix broken EA mechanic. The explosion goes through some obstacles like wooden fences. It also proc's off of edges of map without visible wall.

There are so many things wrong with EA that at least one of these can be implemented to give every not manual cast tornado shot a chance at winning a match.

why not just add a damage modifier reduction like they do on all other skills ?
"
ffogell wrote:

They'll probably do that at first before properly working on the skill later. it seems like RF is back from the dead so I expect the same thing for EA.
"
IceDeal wrote:
"
ffogell wrote:

They'll probably do that at first before properly working on the skill later. it seems like RF is back from the dead so I expect the same thing for EA.

I'm all for it as long as they dont kill it for pve.

Personnaly I would like the swapping trick gone.
"
The T-override for Explosive Arrow has been changed from 1 second to 0.4 seconds. Explosive Arrow was doing too much damage based on the scaling override not accurately representing the time to apply charges.

Not really sur what it mean but it seems like a nerf :p
“T” is the attack or cast time of the skill it comes from https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119964

T-Override means that despite what your attack time may say in there is an override in PvP that changes it to a different value. I believe the old T for EA was 1 it is now .4 so yea its a nerf.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
Last edited by Dethklok on Dec 17, 2014, 10:31:57 PM
dude i just dealt 2k to u where as before i deal 4.5k at least this crap aint playable in pvp
please give me a full respec

edit:
this skill is differnt
you literally cant play anything else with this skill's tree setup, flicker nerf simply means you cna switch to other skills, Ea just means its dead
The scam posts are the reflection of the decrease of the overall intelligence of humanity
“Oh I fucked up and I’m gonna let everyone know about it”
Last edited by Thessalonica on Dec 17, 2014, 10:40:51 PM
"
Thessalonica wrote:
dude i just dealt 2k to u where as before i deal 4.5k at least this crap aint playable in pvp
please give me a full respec

edit:
this skill is differnt
you literally cant play anything else with this skill's tree setup, flicker nerf simply means you cna switch to other skills, Ea just means its dead

Are you serious? I just PvP'd after the patch and its fine. If anything it wasn't nerfed enough. Either your build sucks or mines amazing so I'm virtually un-phased.
IGN: LordAsutarosu
dude
are u killing level 70 or what
The scam posts are the reflection of the decrease of the overall intelligence of humanity
“Oh I fucked up and I’m gonna let everyone know about it”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info