Content Update 1.3.0 Patch Notes, Deployment Timeline and Official Path of Exile Twitch Channel

Agree with the nerfs but would have liked to see more buffs to even things out.
Overall, this seems to be a pretty nerf-heavy patch with lots of emphasis on PvP. I've never played a block build and feel bad for those who do. Aside from the new uniques, i'm not sure what this patch really offers solely PvE players like myself.

It really seems like a lot of the hype for 1.3 has had a cold bucket of water dumped on it with these patch notes, I don't see much to get excited about. Hopefully when the patch is released, I'll forget about it.
Dear god, so much hate for this patch. There are even people who go as far as saying they'll never play the game again!

I honestly can't understand this way of thinking. Don't you people enjoy making different builds and trying out new stuff? Because that is like... the main focus of this game.

Yes, some things were nerfed. But can anyone honestly say those nerfs were unfair? Does anyone actually believe that being immmune to damage 75% of the time without breaking a sweat is ok? Do people actually believe that one shotting 99% of the mobs in the game is ok?

GGG, you did a great job, please don't feel discouraged by all the criticism. Change is good, balance is good, and will eventually realize it.
Last edited by ReddoHoku on Dec 12, 2014, 1:18:02 AM
"
ReddoHoku wrote:
Dear god, so much hate for this patch. There are even people who go as far as saying they'll never play the game again!

I honestly can't understand this way of thinking. Don't you people enjoy making different builds and trying out new stuff? Because that is like... the main focus of this game.

Yes, some things were nerfed. But can anyone honestly say those nerfs were unfair? Does anyone actually believe that being immmune to damage 75% of the time without breaking a sweat is ok? Do people actually believe that one shotting 99% of the mobs in the game is ok?

GGG, you did a great job, please don't feel discouraged by all the criticism. Change is good, balance is good, and will eventually realize it.

Oh shut up don't sugar coat it.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Love what's coming! (*゚▽゚*)
The Gemling Queen favours 'NotACuckRoach'.

Ethaereal │ Exaltreal │ Cherrubim │ Erremes │ Khainne │ Kaelous │ Balzael
Powered by 2015 Alienware 17" R2 laptop · Standard League · BLÔW Guild · Bird-Day - Aug 7, 2012
人生はただのゲームだ。楽しむために生きろ。勝利をつかむため遊べ。人生に勝ち、そして喜ぶために生きろ。o(^▽^)o ♪
"
NotACuckRoach wrote:
Love what's coming! (*゚▽゚*)

About time
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
"
"
ReddoHoku wrote:

This patch has made some dedicated players seriously question what's next...there's a lot more damage that these nerfs cause aside from the common "my build is broken" or general qqing

I've stood by ggg for as long as I've been here but this is a huge huge problem that's hit some key components of the game indirectly that I and a lot of others enjoy.
Bottom line I don't think some of the more serious changes were thought through..and I'm on standby until I can gauge how big of an effect these have after the patch actually hits.
IGN:nickyadaya
"
Chris wrote:
"
Chameleon wrote:
So much hate for this patch, hope it changes once they play it.

Ziggy made a good point that there wasnt anything really "positive" in the patch notes like a small buff to a less used skill or something to get people excited about a new build.

This is the danger with describing the key content in advance - that the 8 new gems, 26 new uniques and such are already old news when considering the balance changes. There are plenty of awesome new builds, especially now that there's more parity between them. I'm personally excited to make a level 28 Raging Spirits PvP character and a Static Strike Templar as my regular character. Seems like it'll be two Templars for me this league :P

Its nice that you are excited about your changes and are verry happy to make new chars.

I DONT like to make new char and have the personal challenge to bring one char to 100. As a cant play so much like streamers and have to earn money for my family, this patch is the 3 who make this more and more impossible.

I can understand, that you guys are interested to play leages and make new chars. But there are also people who love the char they build and optimised with the time they spend on it and the currenci they throw in.
And THEN. You come and destroy it. And say. Hey its not a problem. make a new one.

If you feel its to easy to play with the new skills or builds are to strong, make mobs in higher lvl stonger or give them abilitys like ingnores all block or reflect 100 % of phys and/or ele dmg.

Destroying chars with changing build enabling things in skilltree and or gems is in my opininon not the right way.

so i can only quote Ziggi and say hey you say what i feel in the last 3 updates.

"
Ziggy made a good point that there wasnt anything really "positive" in the patch notes like a small buff to a less used skill or something to get people excited about a new build.
"

You're right. Damn GGG! Now my character is no longer immune to damage and capable of one shotting 99% of the mobs! What madness is this?! Why didn't they raise the block cap to 100% and made every single node on the tree have block?! Why didn't they buff the crit multiplier gem and remove reflect from the game?! That would have made this game AWESOME!!! Screw this, I quit!!!!1!!1!!
CoC cooldown nerf makes 0 sense. 80% less damage for a real CoC build, Mjölner still as laggy as before.

Mjölner now requirement for any CoC-style build?

Yes, I'm a CoC fanboy. But you can't seriously tell me 80% less damage (and yes, that's what we're talking about here, believe me) is anything but absolutely ludicrous.

Hardest nerf ever.
Last edited by MauranKilom on Dec 12, 2014, 1:30:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info