Content Update 1.3.0 Patch Notes, Deployment Timeline and Official Path of Exile Twitch Channel

With spawned gear any build might work.

There is no parity between ranged and melee. It is better to not get hit than to have a chance to autoattack.

There is no parity between dagger and rest.

There is no parity between crit and non crit. Just tell me what is the reason to use any bow besides Harbtinger?

Sure srs (that is another joke..) or flamevlast can work without crit. Yay for diversity.

The only positive change is the block. However without changes to armor/eva it removes melee from the scene.

Ps. Spectral throw is not melee. Nor is lightning strike
Such a disgrace of a patch and decision making overall really, no different than Blizz. If by 1.4 your actions continue to be anywhere near this disastrous level I'm done. Not a penny more of support from my 6 figures+ from me until then.

Good luck keeping this 'hype' and your peak interest from 1.2.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Last edited by Dark_Chicken on Dec 12, 2014, 1:00:37 AM
"
Common feedback is that we need to buff the weaker skills and also make the game generally more challenging. This is equivalent to applying small nerfs to the strongest skills.
Nerfing everything but Animate Guardian and Shock Nova would not change that they're pretty bad.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
Last edited by SilentOppressor on Dec 12, 2014, 1:00:17 AM
1.3 killed me. Quit after 1.5 years. GG
95 aegis life based
95 low life st
87 low life max block bear trap
Last edited by ak1ta on Dec 12, 2014, 1:01:05 AM
I hope my Witch build can be saved or maybe saved with 1.3.. Lighting Arc Summoner witch
Chris I love love love your nerfs, (as a guy who loves playing weird builds that are non optimal but fun).

But you NEED to nerf flameblast...it's too op and has been too op (alogn with firetrap etc) for a while.

Drop the hammer on Elemental Proliferation for best results.
Hardcore
"
Chris wrote:
"
Chameleon wrote:
So much hate for this patch, hope it changes once they play it.

Ziggy made a good point that there wasnt anything really "positive" in the patch notes like a small buff to a less used skill or something to get people excited about a new build.

This is the danger with describing the key content in advance - that the 8 new gems, 26 new uniques and such are already old news when considering the balance changes. There are plenty of awesome new builds, especially now that there's more parity between them. I'm personally excited to make a level 28 Raging Spirits PvP character and a Static Strike Templar as my regular character. Seems like it'll be two Templars for me this league :P

One way of preventing people from freaking out the day before patch day when HYPE is at it's highest is to prepare them for what you're going to do. Which means more design philosophy posts before patch day hits, which means more philosophy behind changes within the patch notes, which means more open and honest communication about where you want to go with the game.

I do software development and I know that we need to inform our customer base to changes in our software in advance so that they are prepared for it.

The way I feel today is like a customer who just got slapped in the face and I don't even really have any of the OP items nor have any of these OP builds sitting around either. :-(
"
universal777 wrote:
"
Chameleon wrote:
So much hate for this patch, hope it changes.

Just wait till the new big bad op build comes out. It'll be great. And it'll be quite interesting when the build is with a new skill gem. I'm feeling kinetic blast will turn out to be pretty awesome wand skill.

Then it gets nerfed in the next leagues, and the cycle repeats. There will always be QQ.
Official Bloodlines class breakdown:

55% Witch
30% Shadow
15% Templar
15% Ranger
-5% Scion
-5% Duelist
-5% Marauder
I honestly think we all kind of feel blindsided by all of this. You spent so much time hyping the PvP stuff, but refused to talk about what you were doing with our PvE builds until the last minute and then laid it down on us how bad it was going to be.

Please please please talk about the nerfs as well as the buffs in advance so we can be prepared.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info