Content Update 1.3.0 Patch Notes, Deployment Timeline and Official Path of Exile Twitch Channel

We're launching our Twitch channel tomorrow. It's going to stream a variety of community content and some developer content. We'll be scaling it up over time as we learn the ropes of streaming and hosting streamers. If you have any suggestions to improve the channel, please let us know!

Here's the deployment timeline for tomorrow (in NZ time):
11:30: 30 minute countdown starts.
12:00: Realm goes down for two hours (during which time you can patch the client).
13:00: I go live for a one-hour Q&A on the Path of Exile Twitch channel.
14:00: Servers come back up. Torment/Bloodlines challenge leagues start.

For reference, 2pm NZ time is 5pm PST.

By the way, I wanted to write a few words about the balance changes in 1.3.0. When we see changes we want to make that affect people's live characters, we generally save them up to apply between challenge leagues. This is because a lot of the community make new characters and can plan them around the new balance.
I know it sucks to read a big list of changes that sound like they hurt your characters. The changes are generally relatively small adjustments and in aggregate they drastically increase the number of viable PvE character builds. We're very wary that content is gradually drifting to be easier and easier as more skills/options are available to characters, so we occasionally need to adjust it. Some of the changes may not work as you expect - please let us know your feedback after trying out the update.

Common feedback is that we need to buff the weaker skills and also make the game generally more challenging. This is equivalent to applying small nerfs to the strongest skills.

With the new challenge leagues and balance, the game has a slightly different feel to it, but it's a feel that we've really been enjoying and we're hoping you do too. See you tomorrow at the Q&A!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
So much hate for this patch, hope it changes once they play it.

Ziggy made a good point that there wasnt anything really "positive" in the patch notes like a small buff to a less used skill or something to get people excited about a new build.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Last edited by Chameleon on Dec 12, 2014, 12:47:41 AM
"
Chameleon wrote:
So much hate for this patch, hope it changes.

Just wait till the new big bad op build comes out. It'll be great. And it'll be quite interesting when the build is with a new skill gem. I'm feeling kinetic blast will turn out to be pretty awesome wand skill.
Last edited by universal777 on Dec 12, 2014, 12:56:23 AM
Thank you GGG for Path of Exile.

Hello from Romania :)
Last edited by stefanbeton on Dec 12, 2014, 12:53:16 AM
such a disaster
boom
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
HYPE
Removed
Last edited by stefanbeton on Dec 12, 2014, 12:52:30 AM
Changes to duelist and marauder with no change to armor and eva mean no reason to play melee.

Block was justifiably nerfed. However 2h still remains a joke choice. Duelist is THE worst class by far (just one reason: the worst access to status aliments. Just an example) and 1.3 tree changes are only magnifing the situation. Mara/duelist area is a desolate desert of meh nodes and fillers.

Meanwhile nothing chanes in bow rose garden. Minor crit nerf? Lol. Flameblast'land also will grow even more after addition of so many 'chance to prolif entire screen to death'

Counterattack skills might be not enough to save it

50 duelists in top2000 1week race. 50! And new duelist is worse.
cool

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info