Content Update 1.3.0 Patch Notes, Deployment Timeline and Official Path of Exile Twitch Channel

I don't know about this new patch. was looking forward to play melee char since these areas are getting revamped. but looks like block is nerf a lot, more HP nodes for the same point expenditure is good for melee, but that small increase of say 10% more hp per build per same point expenditure might not be enough to offset the massive loss of blocking%.

from the look of it, melee is getting no change if not slightly nerfed which means it's back to playing casters all the way through next 3 months.

pvp is a good change, add some fun. but i'm afraid 1,3 will be know as the nerf patch for next 3 months and all top players in leagues will be casters.
You know what...

After reading through the patch release notes I thought almost a dozen times nerf this, nerf that, oh well damn it, still another nerf.

At the end I was asking me if they really indent driving the casual players away who want to play for fun and not distress.

Are your really aware what you are doing?
I really cannot believe that this is what the majority of your playerbase was hoping for.

If a game is not giving me at least a little reward and fun for my hard work and extensive time I am putting in, I will step away from it and I think POE is on the the right track of doing so.

What a pity.
The only thing that worries me is the amount of emphasis on pvp - in my experience a game can be either great at pvp or pve but not both. I only hope that POE becomes the exception!

As to the nerf bat coming down hard, remember that the great thing about a patch is that it is not set in stone, once there has been some constructive feedback after the release - further changes can be made.

I for one am looking forward to rebuilding old characters - and creating new.
*IMPORTANT NOTICE:- If you notice, this notice, is not worth noticing.
Why not adding more quests, more acts, more choices to make in game. Its getting all the same every time over and over again. I play this game now for 2 years almost. Nothing has changed with the map and missions I can remember. Mapping is boring, so when finished act 3 on merciless, I stop playing that legue. All areas are printed in me head. It's to small. I hope its getting expanded alot soon, because this game is losing me. TO bad, because I like the gameplay. Best action game I know in comparison with WoW, Diablo and that kinda games. It's just so limited.
hype
"
"
Common feedback is that we need to buff the weaker skills and also make the game generally more challenging. This is equivalent to applying small nerfs to the strongest skills.
Nerfing everything but Animate Guardian and Shock Nova would not change that they're pretty bad.

Indeed.
GGG, you need to make the weaker skills more attractive, not make stronger skills less attractive.
A nerf is never a buff. Functionally, in terms of power, the numbers can work out that way... But the bad skills still feel bad, even if they're closer in power to better skills. All that happens is that the better skills feel worse.
Nerfs have a place, yes, which is to even out OP skills. A skill can be superior but not be OP, in which case the lesser skills need to be buffed. It's a fine line to tread.

The feeling of playing matters more than having even numbers. Remember that.

Edit: This is not commentary on the patch notes, it's encouragement for future skill balancing.
Most Nerfs in the patch were well deserved.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Last edited by Felix35071 on Dec 12, 2014, 4:56:27 PM
A lot of people seem to dislike the new patch. I really don't think anything was unjustified. The only thing that got absolutely wrecked is block but we're getting new skills so it's really about the same for melee chars.

CoC, CoD, Crit in general etc is still fine. Low life was nerfed but it's not something most of the player base can do because it's crazy expensive. There are still builds that will be just as strong if not better.

Oh and new league hype!
it all makes sense. theyre trying to mainline pvp so they can soon be a part of the mainstream worldwide competitive e-gaming. This will expand their demographic.
I BELIEVE IN CHRIS!
"
Felix35071 wrote:
"
"
Common feedback is that we need to buff the weaker skills and also make the game generally more challenging. This is equivalent to applying small nerfs to the strongest skills.
Nerfing everything but Animate Guardian and Shock Nova would not change that they're pretty bad.

Indeed.
GGG, you need to make the weaker skills more attractive, not make stronger skills less attractive.
A nerf is never a buff. Functionally, in terms of power, the numbers can work out that way... But the bad skills still feel bad, even if they're closer in power to better skills. All that happens is that the better skills feel worse.
Nerfs have a place, yes, which is to even out OP skills. A skill can be superior but not be OP, in which case the lesser skills need to be buffed. It's a fine line to tread.

The feeling of playing matters more than having even numbers. Remember that.

Edit: This is not commentary on the patch notes, it's encouragement for future skill balancing.
Most Nerfs in the patch were well deserved.

There's two reasons they're nerfing. One is that they want lesser skills to gain traction. The other was that the game has been getting progressively easier and easier and, unless Bloodlines is as dangerous as Beyond, is going to get easier still. They wanted to rein in the power creep.

They just didn't rein in flameblast for...some reason I don't know.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Last edited by TheTenthDoc on Dec 12, 2014, 5:55:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info