Content Update 1.3.0 Patch Notes, Deployment Timeline and Official Path of Exile Twitch Channel

Really excited about the patch GGG. Keep up the great work!
In since 0.8.0
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kungfooe
Shouldn't be hard to understand why people are disappointed with the patch. It contains almost exclusively of nerfs for PvE players. There are no skills that got buffed so that you say "wow, that skill might be nice now" and the skills added are mostly for melee characters whose problems got even worse with this patch (block nerfed, defensive items nerfed).

Hell, the most imba skill didn't even get touched and is probably even buffed. Yes, I'm talking about Flameblast (+ Proliferation combo).

I mostly hoped the patch would bring:
- a new way how the armour formula works, buffing it for melee chars if they have tons of it.
- some additional ways for melee chars to reduce elemental damage.
- a small nerf to Flameblast and buffs to shit skills like Shock Nova.

Well, the char I planned to do is mostly untouched by all the nerfs, but I could be happier with the patch.
Path of nerfs continues. Chris, you ain't learned a Damn thing.
Tomorrow HYPE!
Exited to see what builds other exiles will make!
Last edited by hlq567 on Dec 12, 2014, 1:50:43 AM
"
I know it sucks to read a big list of changes that sound like they hurt your characters. The changes are generally relatively small adjustments and in aggregate they drastically increase the number of viable PvE character builds. We're very wary that content is gradually drifting to be easier and easier as more skills/options are available to characters, so we occasionally need to adjust it. Some of the changes may not work as you expect - please let us know your feedback after trying out the update.

'The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. '
— Alvin Toffler

people always rabble so hard on patchday...
I'm that Morty guy.
if you guys wanted to make the game harder this was not the way to do it..
"
Chris wrote:
"
Chameleon wrote:
So much hate for this patch, hope it changes once they play it.

Ziggy made a good point that there wasnt anything really "positive" in the patch notes like a small buff to a less used skill or something to get people excited about a new build.

This is the danger with describing the key content in advance - that the 8 new gems, 26 new uniques and such are already old news when considering the balance changes. There are plenty of awesome new builds, especially now that there's more parity between them. I'm personally excited to make a level 28 Raging Spirits PvP character and a Static Strike Templar as my regular character. Seems like it'll be two Templars for me this league :P

Ahhh But we know nothing about the new PvE Uniques and the new skills are just words on a page and we have no idea functionally how they play or how builds will work with them compared to ones currently in the game. It is understandable that they are considered old or not relevant news, isnt it?
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
RIP Freezing Pulse Block CI Crit Witch. It was fun playing with you since open beta ;__;7
IGN: DylanRyder
The Crit Philosopher: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/960124
Dominus Split Runs guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1212404
As a casual but regular player, i really love this game, so excited for new content and the passive resets, as it gives me a chance to try new gems/skills/ equipment on already existing toons.GGG destined for greatness
Patch looks good, game is always changing, might hurt a bit in the short term, but this is probably for the best in the long run.

Keep it up GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info