SlightRedeye - Elemental Incinerate. HC, New league and Self-Found build.

Would you consider using alpha's howl?
"
pedrofell wrote:

I mentioned it in the bottom of the post before yours.

Yes I am going Alpha's, but it is entirely situational, not a core part to the build, and only becomes appealing to use at high levels imo. I don't want to introduce uniques to the build that are not necessary for the build to function.

The build is aimed to be self-found playable and best for new leagues. If it isn't core, I don't want to put it in the guide. An Alpha's only works past level 85 imo, and investing in one lowers the amount of life/damage you can take in the tree.

You also lose life on the helmet slot, which is a big deal. Having 210% life at 90 makes this a more acceptable sacrifice, but before that level is obtained you will only be hurting the build by lowering your life pool to 4k and gaining 10k evasion.

Life is a more efficient defence than evasion in a mitigation-heavy build such as this one, basically.

Life scales all of the current mitigation, evasion only offers partial attack and crit resistance. I would only take Alpha's really really late-game when my decent gear compensates for the loss of life.

Taking Alpha's at 90 is a debatable decision since having 6k+ life still offers a lot of protection when compared to 10k evasion + 5500hp.

Don't forget that 5% regeneration means this build would be getting over 300 life/s with 6k.

That is more than some builds can even leech.
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Dec 28, 2014, 7:32:29 PM
So you are using LC over CoF because it is legacy or even the new one is better? Talking about a perfect world with 4 off colour slots
"
So you are using LC over CoF because it is legacy or even the new one is better? Talking about a perfect world with 4 off colour slots

Legacy 4-off coil is absolutely better than Cloak of Flame. Coil has better phys mitigation, life, evasion, AA scaling. On paper/perfect gear, it is superior.

For the build though, it is completely unreasonable to expect people to acquire one. It took 20ex just to chrom it, even then I got really lucky. I expected to spend more for GBBBBG as those were my 1.1.0 builds colours when I had an old guide posted in the Witch forums.

The new 30% coil is not an upgrade to Cloak of Flame for this build imo, it is more of a side-grade. You don't gain or lose anything overall when you use either chest as they both have their own perks.

Perfect gear, the Lightning Coil technically wins.

Cloak makes all of your other gear easier to obtain as you don't need resistances and you can go full damage/life/regen on them. That is the reason cloak is better imo, ignoring the GBBBBG colours that are so insanely rare on a Lightning Coil.
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Dec 28, 2014, 8:25:03 PM
"
SlightRedeye wrote:
"
pedrofell wrote:

I mentioned it in the bottom of the post before yours.

Yes I am going Alpha's, but it is entirely situational, not a core part to the build, and only becomes appealing to use at high levels imo. I don't want to introduce uniques to the build that are not necessary for the build to function.

The build is aimed to be self-found playable and best for new leagues. If it isn't core, I don't want to put it in the guide. An Alpha's only works past level 85 imo, and investing in one lowers the amount of life/damage you can take in the tree.

You also lose life on the helmet slot, which is a big deal. Having 210% life at 90 makes this a more acceptable sacrifice, but before that level is obtained you will only be hurting the build by lowering your life pool to 4k and gaining 10k evasion.

Life is a more efficient defence than evasion in a mitigation-heavy build such as this one, basically.

Life scales all of the current mitigation, evasion only offers partial attack and crit resistance. I would only take Alpha's really really late-game when my decent gear compensates for the loss of life.

Taking Alpha's at 90 is a debatable decision since having 6k+ life still offers a lot of protection when compared to 10k evasion + 5500hp.

Don't forget that 5% regeneration means this build would be getting over 300 life/s with 6k.

That is more than some builds can even leech.

I understand, i was considering using one, but my helm gives 97 life. My next step is acquiring atziri's step but i was using armor boots and evasion gloves, and my gloves are pretty good so i need to find one with armor or armor/evasion just as good so i can get my RRRR for CWDT set up, cause it will be impossible to get RRRR on Atizi's step. Do you know how much they went for last hc league? Just to have an idea if they will drop a lot in price or not, its currently 1 exalt, some already going for 25-30c. I am almost with 7k(17k with flask) eva going Grace and the eva/life nodes. I might just change to original setup with purity of lightning and get whatever gloves just to get atziri's step. How much do you value atziri's step?
Last edited by pedrofell on Dec 29, 2014, 12:44:15 AM
I would pay an exalt for them if I had the money to, they make mapping a lot safer because elemental damage is the most dangerous. I'm not sure on what the prices are going to be, but you can expect about 20c or less in the second/third month. If you can afford and use one, it is a huge upgrade over rare boots.

Bear in mind it doesn't solve reflect entirely, so keep AA on at all times. Incinerate deals a lot of damage even with all the mitigation in the build, surprisingly.
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Dec 29, 2014, 4:43:46 AM
I like to try different builds.
not doing much end game content at all as I enjoy the upstart.
Nice guide, L71 atm and slowly gearing for the class.
What kind of gear requirements would you suggest for going Atziri on bloodlines?
Hi, i love your build! Make my way to 60 in Bloodlines but sadly i died to disconnect issues. :(
I was thinking, is that possible to make this build but w/ focus on Chaos Damage? I just got a Apep's Rage, and the 30% Casting Speed and Chaos damage is insane!
Shadow got few chaos damage nodes near his "start point", u think it would be possible? Maybe going for EB+MoM.

Sorry about my bad english, not my native language.
"
pedrofell wrote:
...Do you know how much they went for last hc league? Just to have an idea if they will drop a lot in price or not, its currently 1 exalt, some already going for 25-30c. I am almost with 7k(17k with flask) eva going Grace and the eva/life nodes. I might just change to original setup with purity of lightning and get whatever gloves just to get atziri's step. How much do you value atziri's step?

I got a set of 75 Life/15% Dodge 'ziri boots yesterday for 14c on Torment, probably higher in BL or standard, idk. Seller 4L'ed them for me before I got to his H/O, decent chap. Took only 3 chroms to get colors for both Heralds/Red Mana/IIR (will change IIR to Empower when I get it). Can't use the boots until I get better gloves/helm colored but I'm sure the added spell dodge and EV will be a nice boost to survivability.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info