PvP Season One Manifesto Post and Community Unique Design Part 2

"
kraka101 wrote:
Really excited for 1.3. never really been all that interested in PvP(enis) but this patch might change all that! Also good luck with balancing the skilltree. i hear a lot of people don't like the new duelist tree.

I pray the Duelist tree doesn't get f'ed up. There was nothing really wrong with it.
Indeed duelist is screwed nothing new in his start tree and they nerfed duel in addition what make duelist even worse compared to tree before change. marauder isnt nerfed nor buffed (so much compared to duelist) while templar look awesome maybe too much awesome (a bit)?

GGG should definitely reconsider duelist and a bit marauder
Last edited by Breyer_the_Destroyer on Dec 4, 2014, 11:59:05 AM
I would love to hear a DEV comment about: Why does GGG keep nerfing low life BM ST, a build that costs 500 exalted to complete, while they keep buffing bow builds, builds that need 5 exalted to destroy the content.

I would like to know, is this the direction the game is going? catering to people that cant farm properly so the game just give them GG build for minimum effort?

edit: forgot 'BM'
IGN: Ziggro
Last edited by ziggro on Dec 4, 2014, 12:17:33 PM
"
Teslatest wrote:
nobody talk about armor...
all the build are just playing immortal call + enduring cry, that's annoying...
Is there a way to up a little bit armor for a few builds?

Annoying yes, but what else is there to do?
The only real issue I see with the duellist is that you have to spend alot of skillpoints right at the start to get to the core of your build which limits the distance you can trave on the whole tree.

The "nerf" to block is more likely a adjustment. We still don't know what the new counter skills actually provide ingame, maybe it's additional blockchance? who knows.

There are quite a few nodes that give you increased phys damage while holding a shield.(Sadly there are no skillnodes affecting ele-damage while holding a shield)
These changes are just underlining GGG's goal of a more offensive gameplay rather than stacking up defences.

All I hope for is another look at the Duelist tree and a overall change of damage reduction by stacking armor.

I really am looking forward to the upcoming content update, great work so far GGG :)!
First off i'd like to say i'm happy with the revamp of the Templar starting area - it looks a fair bit more efficient for different builds. The duelist and marauder areas however are really lacking.

The bow-tie shaped section of the duelist starting area is really ineffective and pathing between marauder and duelist requiring so many travel points seems harsh especially since melee is already struggling when compared to ranged as well as many nodes in those areas being really inefficient.

On a separate note,playing weak characters (for the most part) isn't fun and neither is dying due to fewer effective survivability options. Not everyone can get the highest tier gear. Targeted balancing for problem builds is needed instead of limiting viable options for lots of different ones.
Last edited by Silky_Mosschops on Dec 4, 2014, 12:12:53 PM
"
ziggro wrote:
I would love to hear a DEV comment about: Why does GGG keep nerfing low life ST, a build that costs 500 exalted to complete, while they keep buffing bow builds, builds that need 5 exalted to destroy the content.

I would like to know, is this the direction the game is going? catering to people that cant farm properly so the game just give them GG build for minimum effort?

Fyndel disagrees with you on the nerf part...

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2o9c1w/lowlife_st_getting_buffed_in_13/
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"
Redblade wrote:
"
ziggro wrote:
I would love to hear a DEV comment about: Why does GGG keep nerfing low life ST, a build that costs 500 exalted to complete, while they keep buffing bow builds, builds that need 5 exalted to destroy the content.

Fyndel disagrees with you on the nerf part...

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2o9c1w/lowlife_st_getting_buffed_in_13/

I mean low life BM tho.

Also if you read the thread you can see he says its not a big nerf.
IGN: Ziggro
Last edited by ziggro on Dec 4, 2014, 12:28:13 PM
Seems to me there are more build enabling unique possibilities due to the tree adjustments, for instance BoR. Hopefully, there will be a similar lower level unique coming out that is not as rare as BoR; so it's not like Shav's use to be as a build enabler.
Last edited by ZeusTheGiant on Dec 4, 2014, 12:20:52 PM
"
ziggro wrote:

I for one detest farming as I find it boring and repetitive. I'd prefer to be rewarded for the effort that I put into progressing my chars!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info