PvP Season One Manifesto Post and Community Unique Design Part 2

"
WhiteMagick wrote:
I was not aware that there were already feedback on the new tree. Any chance I can look at it to give feedback as well?

EDIT: Fond this on Github

https://github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree/releases/tag/2.1.0

Just saw this. Duelist start... LOL.... How do you get started without wasting 3 of your 4 initial skill points?
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
WhiteMagick wrote:
I was not aware that there were already feedback on the new tree. Any chance I can look at it to give feedback as well?

EDIT: Fond this on Github

https://github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree/releases/tag/2.1.0

Just saw this. Duelist start... LOL.... How do you get started without wasting 3 of your 4 initial skill points?

Well if you are going melee, it has arguable the best starting nodes hands down. Not very good for much else though, so it's kind of like templar from before where only one path made sense.
i wish claws were buffed. They need some love. Had a good crit reave dual claw with 50% block using acro/phase going. Looked like it could maybe turn into something good.... then there is the extra negative added to acrobatics of less block. Not sure why acro gets 2 massive downsides. Seems steep.

I get lessening block per node. THat makes sense since block was so strong but the addition to acro seems too much.

Maybe something positive on phase acro or coupled with the smaller dodge nodes? Like 4% life on each small node or something.

-------

Blood magic is untouched. I always thought they could add to it what they did with acro along with another helpful tag. 50% less ES would help abuse of low life using shavs/lorica.

Then the problem is chaos damage. So also add to BM something like 50% chaos damage (or all chaos damage) converted to random elemental damage. Since there is zero chaos resist anywhere nearby.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Dec 4, 2014, 12:52:40 PM
didnt think GGG would cave like this and nerf the shit out of crit instead of improving the weaker builds which make melee mars and duelists even worse... my belief in them actually knowing what they are doing has definitely taken a hit.

if you are going to nerf the shit out of popular and expensive build s everytime some group of full time losers whine on here 24/7 gl keeping your core player base.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
"
lepre84 wrote:
"
Mordiez wrote:
Hopefully the consider the fact that the majority of the community seems quite up-in-arms about this new passive tree and rework it, nothing kills a game faster than alienating your player base.

I'm overall happy about the tree. Wait until the full patch notes to judge.

Well its easy to say that if you don't play the effected classes but lots of people are taking quite the hit also re-read what I said there is no judgment at all there.
More comments…

RIP life regen and the use of Righteous Fire

While block is currently OP and something should be done, no one is ever going to travel the tree for out-of-the-way 1% block nodes. For that matter, people may just skip the 1% nodes they don’t need to travel to as well. Are you going to pass through 2 of these just to get to a 3% behind it? 3 skill points for 5% block? Not really worth it considering once you do this there are no other block nodes anywhere near you.
I have to agree with other commenters here that the Duelist start nodes should be stronger. First of all the first attack speed node should be 8%, the same as Ranger. Also all the following AS nodes should be 4%, again the same as Ranger. On the other side the starting node +14 life/+14% physical is strong enough, but I think again all the following nodes should have 12% physical. Continuing from these, all the [armor/eva+life] nodes should be 8-10% armor/eva and 3% life.

Otherwise the changes look very reasonable all around, looking forward to making builds on the new tree. :)
Asus TUF B450-PLUS GAMING - AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Strix 11GB - Windows 10 Pro - 32GB DDR4 - Samsung 250GB 970 EVO SSD
Page 9, so I probably wont be read, but regardless:
Block nerf - needed

Acrobatics nerf - fucking stupid. Bow builds dont suffer at all, but eva/acro melee? WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU NERF THIS?! FUCKING WHY?!

Oh wait. It's probably because of spectral throw. That fucking gem has done nothing but screw this fucking game since it's release. Completely uncalled for!

Duelist nerf? Why? Shittiest class since ever, nobody wants to play it, yet you keep bashing the poor guy.

Templar start is fucking stupid. Start as witch, travel into templar is 100% better.

Staffs OP as shit, gj.

Ranger still sort of meh.

Marauder is okay, it's a shame he's surrounded by casting nodes up top (no point in casting mara) and useless dumbshit duelist to his side. Not to mention life / life regen nerf.

HM, sure looks like YET ANOTHER league of shadow/witches everywhere!
I have to agree that the duelist start is HORRIBLE. I've been trying to make a duelist build on the new tree but 100% of the time it makes more sense to start ranger or marauder

some things to note:

- Duelist has 14% phys ATTACK dmg and +14 life / Shadow has 15% ALL phys dmg +12 life (Shadow wins)
- Duelist has 6% attack / Ranger has 8% attack (Ranger wins) :I'd love this 6% to become something unique to the duelist perhaps 6% attack and another stat maybe flat evasion?
- Then those two nodes lead into low attack or low phys dmg that are also inefficient to travel through i'd guess most people would take the route of going through the evasion and life skipping the 12% phys or 4% attacks. ranger starts with 10%evasion/4%life why does the duelist get 6%/3% :( The more I think about it these first wheels the duelist goes into are so bad stat wise they are the main problem with duelist start.

- past all that mana flows is still great and bravery looks awesome, but after those we have these awkward 5 pointed wheels that just seem like a waste of points to travel through I always find myself dipping in 2 points to get the major passive of the wheel and leaving it at that

Basically all of these things force you to just chose a ranger or marauder and then pass through the middle highway (through bravery and/or mana flows) then you have access to just dip 2 points into those big nodes if you want.

IGN: SinkingCities
GGG,

For the Duelist, please review how the classes in the top half of the skill tree were done. The starting nodes for a Duelist are complete waste. You don’t get anything until you use your 4th skill point. Then after spending 5 or 6 bread-and-butter points, which everyone will do, you are immediately right back to what-do-you-do-now. You are blocked by 5 travel points to the Marauder, you are blocked by 5 travel points to the Ranger, you are blocked going down by all the 5-wheel clusters that only have one good Node each.

None of the classes in the top-half of the tree have 5 travel points to escape their start, nor are the blocked by lack-luster 5 wheel nodes to get something else that is useful, nor do they waste their first 3 skill points.

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info