PvP Season One Manifesto Post and Community Unique Design Part 2

"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
And yes, the passive skill tree is undergoing continued balance based on our testing and your feedback!

Sorry but that is just not true! You self admited that you couldn't do anything to builds that were used by the majority of players because you are afraid to do so (see last podcast). What that means in other words is that you are only able/willing to screw up the things for the minorities of your playerbase. And surprise surprise that is exactly what happened.

He didn't say that. He said they don't want to 'right now' because they want people happy for the 1.3 content patch. That doesn't mean that they are not working on the balance of crit. Maybe they will do it in small incrementals so people can adjust.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Dec 5, 2014, 5:42:32 AM
I am sure you will look again at block nerf. Max block/spellblock builds was not overpowered, they was just too friendly for beginners, thats all. All non-melee builds can exceed their capabilities: ranged builds can spent half an hour running around the boss, choosing the time to strike. However, melee builds can not fight in such way. They enter the room, spit in the bosses face, and start to fight to the bitter end. But they have a clear limit of their capabilities.
I have dual totem build, its on 75 lvl and beating 72-74 lvl maps. My max spellblock WOE-BOR build beat those maps only after 82-85 lvl. And its still can not kill Dominus (74 lvl) and normal Atziri. Well, actually can, but fight with them is too risky. Block is too random mechanic to relay on it.
"
_PBS_ wrote:
I am sure you will look again at block nerf. Max block/spellblock builds was not overpowered, they was just too friendly for beginners, thats all. All non-melee builds can exceed their capabilities: ranged builds can spent half an hour running around the boss, choosing the time to strike. However, melee builds can not fight in such way. They enter the room, spit in the bosses face, and start to fight to the bitter end. But they have a clear limit of their capabilities.
I have dual totem build, its on 75 lvl and beating 72-74 lvl maps. My max spellblock WOE-BOR build beat those maps only after 82-85 lvl. And its still can not kill Dominus (74 lvl) and normal Atziri. Well, actually can, but fight with them is too risky. Block is too random mechanic to relay on it.

This is sadly, all too true.

I love melee in ARPG's, always have. If anyone remembers Diablo 2 post enigma, I was the one guy still dueling with a fury werewolf (who could not teleport in wolf form and was thus at a HUGE range disadvantage).

However I did not play HC back then, and now that I do, I can't keep spending time on a build that is inferior. Melee clears slower (insane flicker builds are just too dangerous to play) and takes so much more damage compared by virtue of range.

I ripped as bringer of WoE in beyond because one of my party members killed the summoning exile's zombies as she spawned them right on top of us (she was in the next room), apparently it is not classified as a spell or attack so it cannot be blocked, 6200 hp 69% block and spell block died in a fraction of a second from full hp.

Unless melee skills themselves get an enormous buff, I'm going to have to skip my tradition of my first character being melee this league.

"
PoppaGrim wrote:
"
"
"
Completed 6 ChallengesBarl wrote:
With that in mind, it just boggles my mind why you have expended so much of what is so limited (talent, resources) on PvP in a PvE game. PvP is a sideshow. Serious PvP-minded folk play serious PvP games. No offense meant to the extremely small PvP crowd here, but come on. Is this really money, time, and resources well spent by your company?

You sound just like Wyatt Cheng here, eg. a game can be either good in PvP or PvE, but not both and it's a waste of resources and time trying to balance them out.

I think that GGG know quite well how many resources they have and need for what they are doing; if they will do the PvP part well, the PvP crowd will grow exponentially and we might even start seeing sponsored tournaments in an ARPG. If not, then those who play the normal game will still be able to play the normal game like usually.

Just give it a chance to grow before you start tearing it down ;)

Resources are ALWAYS limited and supporters have a legitimate financial interest in questioning where those limited resources are spent. I personally agree wholeheartedly that there are way too many resources being spent on PvP, and I'm unhappy to see anything more than the token Cutthroat race tossed into the mix.

People STILL play Diablo 2, and its not because of PVE...
Last edited by Undead_Fred on Dec 7, 2014, 2:58:15 PM
http://free.yudu.com/item/details/2552008/Get-Skin-Care-Tips-For-Women

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info