Rippaaaa - Low Life MF Windripper - Item Log - Videos - 2.0 Theory Crafting

This build not working properly, i mean MF part.. I got legacy shav 6L windripper etc.etc but you end up having too low ES and regen problems due to spamming split around. And can't run full auras atm if i do i end up having 40 life or so. Impossible to keep split arrow spamming. Unless you run 1-2 crit charge flasks and its too boring.

Im switching to RF low life arc build
Squirrel is love, Squirrel is life.
How much unreserved life and life regeneration do you have? Do you have level 20 Reduced Mana gems? What is the cost of your Split Arrow / Tornado Shot? I find Tornado Shot to be better, using it now:

TS + GMP + Accuracy + Power Charge on Crit + Life Leech (or IIQ) + IIR (or Crit Multi)

I have about 160 life unreserved and 50 life regeneration I think - with a skill cost of 15-30.

All I have is 2% life regen on the tree and I use Divination Distillate or a low level life flask.

If you really can't sustain it just grab a ring with 2 Life Gained on Hit.

My Current Auras Setup
IGN: MrG.
Build Videos & Item Testing: www.youtube.com/user/MrGxyz/videos
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/mr_g__
Last edited by Mr_G on Dec 6, 2014, 8:56:11 AM
I don't have acuity ofc maybe thats the problem, and this build have very low ES which is kinda bad.
Well at least i bought windripper which is nice it will skyrocket price after 1.3 due to ele dmg buffs hehe.

Squirrel is love, Squirrel is life.
In that case yes you will need to have at least 2 life gained on hit on a ring, you can get up to 4 from an amulet as well.

The build is best taken from witch start if you want more ES. The %ES I have crafted on my rings/amulet is important too. With a 300+ ES helm and 150+ ES gloves you should get plenty of ES starting from Witch, 4-5k. If played well this build can be tanky, but it can also be rather squishy if you don't manage pots or the situation. Its not a leveling build.

Did you use the same level character and manage to get about 160 life unreserved? That alone will give you between 5-10 shots before blood runs out and in that time LGoH should replenish as well as a low hp pot.

Note: You want to use a low level life flask, Great or Grand depending on the skill cost (with Acuity you want about 50-100 Life/s on the flask, with Vaal Pact you want 150-200 Life/s), as Tornado shot levels up I find that I need more regen from the flask, so crafting a Surgeon's Grand Life Flask of Staunching now.

No Regen Map Video to simulate Vaal Pact: http://youtu.be/nOWsPiULxf4
Last edited by Mr_G on Dec 8, 2014, 1:32:02 PM
For mf part
I think you can have better dps, better iir/iiq, and better survival.
as a life base, you can wear Kaom's heart or velly
You can wear many life iiq/iir rares.(easy to buy and kaoms will cover lack of survival so you can take more dps or mf stats from amulet or rings)

Ranger is just not effiecent at es build.
Shadow or witch is good at es pool but far from bow crit nodes.
Ranger can easily access to bow crit and atk speed but too far from es.
Of course, you will go shadow area for general crit but still wasting too many points.

Why don't you making better life version?
You plan to use Windripper so you will use ele auras(anger wrath hoi hot)
You can still easy to use all ele auras without alphas.(need aura reserve nodes)
Way better health pool with strong defense nodes such as acro , ondar ,maybe IR.
Hey Valencer,

Thank you for your suggestions, I plan to make my Ranger character to the life based version of this and the ES version will be respec'd onto my Witch when 1.3 hits, she is level 90 and will have much better energy shield.

I wouldn't be able to use Kaom's Heart yet as my Windripper is not 6L'd yet, the life version of this build is farm more set up for defense and utility. For example it can still have 4 of the damage auras as well as curse on hit from the HoT set-up and a CwDT set up most likely.

I don't believe life based would have higher damage though, the blood rage buff adds a huge attack speed boost, almost doubling my attacks per second, Ondar's / Acro and evasion is much stronger with life, it won't even need Acuity or Vaal Pact, you evade so much of the reflect that the 54 LGoH from the support gem is heaps.

I am unsure how the MF would balance out on the life version, 30% IIQ from Goldwyrm and then 50% from Aureseize and I do have a few decent life rings/amulet/helm which could probably make up for the loss of 100% IIR from Wondertraps easily.

I'm thinking also the life based version would have to use the blood magic gem if it was to go for 4 damage auras, which restricts the MF potential, but I will test this out when 1.3 hits and update the post with my thoughts.

Check out my "Cheaper Life Based Version" section for my life build and potential gear.
Last edited by Mr_G on Dec 10, 2014, 6:59:14 AM
"
Immortal Flesh: The maximum resistances penalty has been reduced from -10% to -5% and the -40% elemental resistances penalty has been removed.

Atziri's Acuity: The modifier that makes leech apply instantly on critical strikes now has it apply instantly at 60% effectiveness. Existing versions of this item are affected by this change.

Increased Critical Damage now provides 50% critical strike multiplier, up to 69% at gem level 20. It now provides 0.5% critical strike multiplier per 1% of quality.

The Immortal Flesh actually becomes tempting for some low life builds, as long as you stack purity auras you will still come out with +2% max resistances and all the life regeneration you could need.

The Acuity nerf shouldn't change much, more damage still equals more instant life leech. The critical damage nerf may mean that using weapon elemental damage is better now for the 6L Tornado Shot.

Having 50% instead of 60% less aura reservation from Mortal Conviction will most likely require dropping Purity of Ice or Herald of Thunder. It just means I need to get better resistances on my rings, amulet, belt and helm, which I hope to do as I get the currency to craft.
Waiting for life base version gear - vdo and dps for life base gear :)
I just come back after a year and im interesting with your build. Problem is i forgot everything about this game. Please take a look at my gears and tell if i could use your build, ( also how many dps will i get). Thank you :)

Woudn't using Scion for this build be better since all the notable nodes are so stretched out?

EDIT: Not too sure anymore about whether Scion is a good choice or not...I don't want ot find out the hard way wither lol~
"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone
Last edited by NaarJitsu on Dec 15, 2014, 5:16:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info