Recap of BotW/HotW Episodes and 1.3.0 Skill Tree Teaser

Staff builds omg!
Why are the devs even making new content if you standard players want everything to stay the same? Sounds like you standard folk are just boring. If they didn't release new content and change the tree things wouldn't be balanced how the hell are they going to release new acts and items if the tree stays the same, this sh*t don't even make sense.

Tree must change because sometimes parts of the tree are horrible and they are IMPROVING the tree, not just messing with you standard people. Standard is where everything is dumped at the end of the leagues = garbage bin. Scared to start over or play new content, if they didn't release new stuff you would be CRYING about being so bored there's nothing to do, GGG never wins with you people either way, christ wilson.
If you stand next to a double boss Corpse-Explosion, you're gonna have a bad time. RIPKRIPP
"
t_golgari wrote:
Well. That would be the templar and Duelist starting areas.

Which means, again, I am afraid for the life of some of my characters. As with almost every big patch.
My friends and I, we hate that!

Let me be clear:
We love PoE. And we love our characters, we have played them for months now, and they slowly grew to what they are now. And we do not want to respec. We are very much satisfied with them. When will the day come when PoE is in it's final version? When will the skilltree finally stay the same? So that we don't have to plan all our characters again and again and again, not knowing beforehand if my RF Marauder will still work, if my Duelist will still work as intended and so on.

I know people love theorycrafting and building new chars. But there are thousands of casual players who are playing old characters and want to continue to do so. And for them skilltree changes are a real big pain in the ***. Because rebuilding a char means 1-3 hours of not playing the game. With 8 characters and 1-3 hours of playtime a day (max), to use myself as an example, that means 1 WEEK of not actually playing PoE, only to be able to play again.

When will this stop?

This, 1000 times.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
New tree HYPE!!!
Maybe I'll finally try a Duelist build...
I'm really surprised with the duelist tree revamp, I don't think it was that bad. Pretty much every melee build (atleast the ones that are not crit dagger) I have seen go into the duelist area, Master of the Arena and Acceleration are one of the best notables in the tree. Dervish is the best DW node too.

Marauder would have been second on my list after templar. I feel marauder tree is just too limited right now, the phys dmg nodes are way too inefficient. 10% melee/weapon dmg nodes are just trash, even shadow start has 10% dmg nodes and thats generic phys dmg. Also the resistance nodes are bad, I don't think anyone is pick them.
Im rly curious about the "triangle" in templar tree.
New tree hype!!!
"
t_golgari wrote:
"

Because PoE is constantly changing and improving, and each time new content is added, old one has to adapt to it.

If you can't handle that, this is not a game for you.

Better play Need for speed, or something like that.

So you're saying that the 25% of players that are constantly populating standard should leave?
I would say only 1% of people are afraid of skill tree changes. Aside from lowering the max resists you get on the tree (because it was flat out broken when you could get 100% res easily) every other skill tree change has been a straight up buff.
I am a STD player, and I like every change in the tree that happens!

Adapting is a fundamental part of PoE, so I am happy to have that.
As a casual returning frequently, I see a "new" game every time when levelling a char.
Forums are SOOO much fun on patch day!

Casuals play because it's fun, not to achieve any goal unreachable with their resources.
We are playing for the next difficulty, the next keystone, the next item upgrade.
Not to feel better than anyone else.
Last edited by Fhedaykin on Nov 20, 2014, 3:05:31 AM
How about Scion?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info