Recap of BotW/HotW Episodes and 1.3.0 Skill Tree Teaser

Chris I hope I can still get to Ancestral Bond as a Shadow and get 150%+ life and a few of the totem clusters. I need those Area Damage nodes too! Love you!
If you stand next to a double boss Corpse-Explosion, you're gonna have a bad time. RIPKRIPP
Some people dont like the skill tree reset. Some people point them out saying it's necessary.

Yes. Yes, it is very much necessary to update the skill tree!

If you're a "casual player" who think it's annoying to spend time redoing your build I have a tip:

The tree is not going to change completely, so when you get the respec, just align the points in a similiar way you had before and you'll get the same build!

It will not exactly be the same, but, as many have pointed out it probably rather will be slightly buffed!

Also, if you're a "casual player" why would you spend 1-3 hours of speccing the same build if you rather "play the game during that time"? Is it really that important to "min-max" for a "casual player"?
Just put the points out and play the game and let others indulge in the new content!
HoolaBandoola, creator of all things Hoola and destroyer of Rhoas.
My opinion on frequent Skill Tree Changes:

Back in beta phase it was ok that the skill tree changed very often with full respeccs for the characters. But now i think it'Äs a little bit different.
For me it seems that this whole Rampage and Beyond Thing was nothing more than a big waste of time. (The funny thing is, after loosing 4 Chars in Beyond I still played it! o.O)

Sure, the masters seem to be cool and are indeed very entertaining (i like them). And the hideout editor makes fun, too. BUT:
It could not be a solution to let players afte decide which hideout to keep after the end of each upcoming Season. There must be a better way to combine the Player Efforts!
You can't be serious to force players to destroy their work. I please you to rework the League clash-up for future seasons!

Especially if you plan to change the skill tree often. I know there must be balancing work and changes to the core mechanics. And of course the balancing is what this game depends on. But please change the Tree only once each time with all changes you plan for every existing character!

I know that many players are whining about full respecs in general. Please, don't misunderstand me in this point: I do think that Skill tree changes are necessary and needed. The only thing I am whining about is that you change only parts of the tree. The problem of this is that (as far as i believe) most builds depend on the whole Skill tree. I think Iron Reflexes is a good example for this which you find in many tank builds no matter on which character they depend. If you change the duelist section, or at least a section which was used by a character to get to Iron Reflexes, a respec is needed. I really think that if you change the whole tree only once instead of changing small parts in a shorter frequency there will be less whining about Respecs and of course less problems for Players ;-)

I don't know whether the method you are using is easier to be balanced or if it wont be much more balancing work to change the whole skill tree at once. But i thought it's time to give my opinion on that.

Greetings & Thanks for reading.
I am a petty-fat-dumbass-Kid. So please listen to my unwanted oppinions!

Vote Tasuni for President!...I mean 'for Hideout'!
I hope elemental adaptation makes a return
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
I was also delighted to discover a different Cast on Death build among the Grandmaster submissions.

The horror the CoD builds will bring in the map should be amazing!
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Nov 20, 2014, 10:04:06 AM
Omg chris's fav build is a CoD build, i preict a CoD buff incoming: CoD will now increase AoE and Damage by 10000% at level 1. Long live the CoD meta! ( kidding :P )
"
"
t_golgari wrote:
Well. That would be the templar and Duelist starting areas.

Which means, again, I am afraid for the life of some of my characters. As with almost every big patch.
My friends and I, we hate that!

Let me be clear:
We love PoE. And we love our characters, we have played them for months now, and they slowly grew to what they are now. And we do not want to respec. We are very much satisfied with them. When will the day come when PoE is in it's final version? When will the skilltree finally stay the same? So that we don't have to plan all our characters again and again and again, not knowing beforehand if my RF Marauder will still work, if my Duelist will still work as intended and so on.

I know people love theorycrafting and building new chars. But there are thousands of casual players who are playing old characters and want to continue to do so. And for them skilltree changes are a real big pain in the ***. Because rebuilding a char means 1-3 hours of not playing the game. With 8 characters and 1-3 hours of playtime a day (max), to use myself as an example, that means 1 WEEK of not actually playing PoE, only to be able to play again.

When will this stop?

Never.

Because PoE is constantly changing and improving, and each time new content is added, old one has to adapt to it.[...]

This.

I am a casual too but i love the chance to rebuild my existing characters.
I don´t like to just copy builds out of the forum. I mostly find Uniques and think "what can i do to make this work and see how far i will get".

With every respec i get the chance to try out more. And i thank GGG for that.
anyone knnow when 1.3 hits?
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Dec 12
Finally some templar love! <3 Was about time...
Excited again :))

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info