Mathil's FlameDab (Crit flameblast) Atziri & reflect/hc viable

Had a blast playing this in the 1 week race, currently level 79 with all self found gear minus the 2 daggers. Took all the life nodes first and then picked up those delicious crit nodes going Oak, Skillpoint, Skillpoint, unfortunately my gear is pretty much crap that just filled out resists so not enough mana regen to run arctic armor or play without purity of elements. Lets just say those Beyonders hurt, a LOT. Without quality Flameblast or high enough crit I used Chance to Ignite in my links with Spell Echo because I found the Beyonders to be fairly difficult while leveling and needed to burst them down. As for the tree I calculated the entropy cluster to not be as efficient as getting the Elementalist node in the Templar tree and Fire Walker plus the node above Elemental Dominion from the Witch tree but I could be wrong. The build is incredibly strong and tanky, I wish I had the gear to support AA or anyone in the race to have a level 6 Catarina so I could craft fire leech on my weapons.

Hey Mathil, i quickly did your build for 1.3 passive tree, (108 points now D:). Let me know if something is wrong

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUATwRDyFugp1V8Dmjy8B-iAASzwGaf3zwF73yaO4Kb7DgnL5BVGjjAGmaecYX60lcp8xEdFBZvRtexQo5kJKrjavemNum2-hpsna6nCBJpuJPa3dgkFxzr7jbFcXma4B8CRZ0EB1NS6-SD20yzXypVxpeVrrMtHzpYUlNBlpUgPV8FQtD1axfB8yycvOqio4IewFR_xg_E2wtqQxGWO3wOSAceuMpd8uOElS5w1Z1jNj3w1YnT5Y6dqklRj_pwUqSxYqxsjOv1KguMNmSd8-pVS_IdYeImlRa_

Edit: minmaxed a tree a bit. down to 108 points from 111
Last edited by silentwrath888 on Dec 4, 2014, 1:53:27 AM
"
Hey Mathil, i quickly did your build for 1.3 passive tree, (108 points now D:). Let me know if something is wrong

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUATwRDyFugp1V8Dmjy8B-iAASzwGaf3zwF73yaO4Kb7DgnL5BVGjjAGmaecYX60lcp8xEdFBZvRtexQo5kJKrjavemNum2-hpsna6nCBJpuJPa3dgkFxzr7jbFcXma4B8CRZ0EB1NS6-SD20yzXypVxpeVrrMtHzpYUlNBlpUgPV8FQtD1axfB8yycvOqio4IewFR_xg_E2wtqQxGWO3wOSAceuMpd8uOElS5w1Z1jNj3w1YnT5Y6dqklRj_pwUqSxYqxsjOv1KguMNmSd8-pVS_IdYeImlRa_

Edit: minmaxed a tree a bit. down to 108 points from 111

Be great if you could compared the before and after to see what difference the new tree bring.
"
Be great if you could compared the before and after to see what difference the new tree bring.

I made a list. Keep in mind, to take all you had previously you'll need 2 more points (without celestial cluster). I decided to take celestial cluster and not to take Entropy (45% damage over time). If you want to take both, you'll spend 114 points.

Now to actual changes:

+30 str (93->123), same dex (74), same int (353)
+20% mana regen (120->140)
+5% max mana (56->61)
same crit chance for spells (265%)
+4 cast speed (12->16)
same elemental damage with spells (16)
same increased radius of area skills (36)
same increased area damage (20)
+16 spell damage (12->28)
same crit multi for spells (70)
same increased effect of buffs on you (5%)
same life (183%)
+10% energy shield (25->35)
same all resistances (17%)
same chaos res (20%)
+2.2% life regen (0.8->3)
-14% crit multi (80->66)
same global crit chance (130)
same burning damage (75)
+16 increased elemental damage (62->78) (that's if you pick celestial cluster. if you don't it's around 24% down (62-> 38 or something like that)

same increased fire damage (28)
-45% damage over time (i didn't pick entropy cos not enough points)
+30% damage vs frozen, shocked, burning enemies
+2% all res penetration
Last edited by silentwrath888 on Dec 4, 2014, 10:27:03 PM
Don't you think 45% less dmg over time is a bit much considering youll be clearing map with the burn prolif ?
"
Deadbringer wrote:
Don't you think 45% less dmg over time is a bit much considering youll be clearing map with the burn prolif ?

While 45% damage over time affects only burn part of flameblast, elemental damage from celestial cluster (which you take instead of entropy) adds both to initial hit and burn damage, and also has 30% increased damage vs burning enemies and 2% resist penetration. I think overall celestial cluster is better but i also think you can drop some life nodes if you want to pick entropy.

I made a quick update to tree, basically a bit different route in templar start (no more "retribution", cos it basically sucks and wastes few points)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUATwRDyFugp1V8Dmjy8B-iAOFzmjs8BYKb73zsOCcvkFUaOMAaZp5xhfrSVynzER0UFm9G17FCjmQkquNq96Y26bb6GmydrqcIEmm4k9rd2CQXHOvuNsVxeZrgHwJFnQQHU1Lr5IPbTLNfKlXGl5Wusy0fOlhSU0GWlSA9XwVC0PVrF8HzLJy86qKjgh7AVH_GD8TbC2pDEZY7fA5IBx64yl3y44SVLnDVnWM2PXaC8NWJ0-WOnaq00UlRj_pwUqSxYqxsjMgM6_UqC4w2ZJ3DCfPqVUvyHbmTYeImlRa_-d0=

basically 112 points build which takes both entropy and celestial cluster, along with all crit multi nodes. This is why it's 112 points.
tree didn't worked btw.
Fire trap is a lot better than flameblast. Just saying...
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
Are you shocking enemies? If so, where are you generating the shock stack from? I know HoT cannot shock, so I am struggling to figure out where you are getting the stack from.
"
Nitle wrote:
Are you shocking enemies? If so, where are you generating the shock stack from? I know HoT cannot shock, so I am struggling to figure out where you are getting the stack from.

Yes, shocking everything because of Herald of Thunder's added lightning damage to Flameblast so when it crits it shocks. It's only the zaps that are generated by HoT that don't shock.

This is essentially what I came up with in 1.3.

What changes is you lose a bit of life and gain lots of elemental damage and a few % of life regen. Unless flameblast itself or the way burn works is changed this build should get stronger.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info