Mathil's FlameDab (Crit flameblast) Atziri & reflect/hc viable

"
You just don't use the flameblast's advantage. The aoe. You have slow setup time. You dont need increased burning damage, i think. Put spell echo, and if you will have 6l on carcass put faster casting too. You will see, will be nice

I think you have completely missed the purpose/concept of the build.
You are about to have the most played build in PoE.
Can we play this build after new patch notes?
"
ShadowyDream wrote:
Your way might still be better (I probably don't value mana regen as highly as I should), but if you drop the "quick recovery cluster" and the "holy fire cluster", you can grab "heart of flame" and the "blood drinker" cluster for the same number of points.

Difference comes out to be
-40% mana regen
-75% burning damage

+6% life
+71% fire damage
+3% fire penetration

Obviously more life is nice, and the fire damage+penetration will do way more than the burning damage, but I am probably undervaluing the mana regen.

[edit]
link

There is also an "extra" node in the celestial punishment cluster that you took in the build I modified. I am pretty sure that was an accident, but I left it there for point comparison purposes :p
thats quite the idea!

the increased burning nodes cant really hold up to the new elemental dmg in this build.
correct me if im right but:

if we have 75% bruning dmg on the wheel, this should be equally to about 37% elementaldmg.
so if u could save up the 10 nodes for burndmg/recovery u will easly get more.

i think 100% mana reg would still be sufficient...only problem i see is reflect, if u can shift your dmg more towards the burn u will be much safer.

109pts thats probably what im gonna use
Last edited by dogma1337 on Dec 12, 2014, 5:19:26 AM
Mana regen is very important at beginning of the league when you can't craft good amount of it on every jewelry piece, when you don't have big pool of ES from gear and when you want to run AA.

News from the field: given the crit multi gem nerf, i tried to run a lvl 74 zana daily map without that gem linked at all. So far i couldn't tell the difference. (take not i don't have much crit multi on gear so that gem gives good amount of my total multi: 395->552 without->with gem).

So no worries, folks, let's make this build shine in new league ;D
"
Jarovb wrote:

It looks to be pretty damn strong still next patch, yep.

This is essentially what I came up with in 1.3.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Last edited by Mathil on Dec 12, 2014, 5:40:50 PM
Mathil what do you think about my Life/es hybrid build with 2 curses? I will be play in Bloodlines league that i decide on hybrid... Curses will be flamablity and assasins mark. What do you think about this idea?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVCX9Aj0NblSU8BUpyuXlT1fvOpqQ0yzaxeuswQHlSBBloPbwfMFQtD1VcaioyycOlh_xg_ErJgRljt899cOSAceuMqboYRIXfKVLngvj0Zca3DVnWPw1RhqHRTDbYnT5Y5JUY_6fOWOZPrScFKksev1WAf3pmaeFm8qC4w2ZJ22-sAaJKrjavPqVUvyHXGFNulh4nrmGmwmlWP9na73wUbXEmkXHHF52rmxQho4kFW3MYx2Jy_sOIKbmjs8Be984XOiAASz8B9o8nwOp1VboEPI6-RfKg==

Last edited by Jarovb on Dec 12, 2014, 10:52:41 AM
"
Mathil wrote:
"
Jarovb wrote:

hey mathil why are you taking the 6% elemental node near celestial judgment instead of the 10% fire node near fire walker ?
Eusyris << guilde fr recrutement invasion whispez ing: SerjointxDX
Hi mates!

Why noone's pick "Retribution" node (new on templar area)?

I think its good! 16% spell dmg + 5% cs + 10 int/str for 1 point extra
"
sercan95 wrote:
"
Mathil wrote:
"
Jarovb wrote:

hey mathil why are you taking the 6% elemental node near celestial judgment instead of the 10% fire node near fire walker ?

Good call, accident.

"
zeldicx wrote:
Hi mates!

Why noone's pick "Retribution" node (new on templar area)?

I think its good! 16% spell dmg + 5% cs + 10 int/str for 1 point extra

Reason for that is spell damage isn't what flameblasters want. Ele/fire damage boosts the initial hit and burn damage of flameblast while spell damage only boosts the initial hit. On top of that this build doesn't use cast speed to play so the good looking passive doesn't give us much benefit.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info