Mathil's FlameDab (Crit flameblast) Atziri & reflect/hc viable

"
hellzer wrote:
Fire trap is a lot better than flameblast. Just saying...

In mu option, firetrap is better if you are not going crit. Throw, ignite and repeat. If you go crit, i think the flameblast "dab" method is better. And flameblast is better at killing bosses.
"
Deadbringer wrote:
tree didn't worked btw.

this is 1.3 tree so you need 1.3 passive tree offline planner. I thought that's kinda obvious thing. Just checked on mine again, both trees were successfully copy pasted and loaded.
Last edited by AISBERG on Dec 8, 2014, 5:39:21 AM
"
Mathil wrote:
"
Nitle wrote:
Are you shocking enemies? If so, where are you generating the shock stack from? I know HoT cannot shock, so I am struggling to figure out where you are getting the stack from.

Yes, shocking everything because of Herald of Thunder's added lightning damage to Flameblast so when it crits it shocks. It's only the zaps that are generated by HoT that don't shock.

This is essentially what I came up with in 1.3.
What changes is you lose a bit of life and gain lots of elemental damage and a few % of life regen. Unless flameblast itself or the way burn works is changed this build should get stronger.

this is the way i would do it(110pts), still pretty much the same but getting the Heart of Flame cluster seems a bit more efficient with the fire pen, (71%+3%pen on 5 nodes is about ~14% per node +3pen, which is also more effective than the shadow start) without spending too much more getting there..dunno what do u think

ahh and yea it starts as templar, the start with
Last edited by dogma1337 on Dec 9, 2014, 6:13:03 AM
Gonna try this on HC league ~
112 pts

Since dying is no-no.. more hp & inner force > Purity of fire / AA.
Last edited by maotzu on Dec 9, 2014, 3:34:08 AM
alright guys, i try to optimize the build for the new 1.3 patch
i made a lot of tests with crit flameblast, because i think mathil did not showed the whole potential of crit flameblast.

this build is really, really strong.

some test videos i made with REALLY sub-optimal equipment and skilltree (now i have 6link, a better skilltree and everything works totally fine)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTzHZZGiheM&list=UUmZ33VyrPSio4X19Pa32FXQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq5SqtGDNYE&list=UUmZ33VyrPSio4X19Pa32FXQ

i can push the damage up to 15k with 5 power charges, but at this range you are getting not really tanky.

10-11k is strong enough and really tanky.

this is my current tree for 1.3
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUA-d2LjMCaCarZ_MBmBLOf36IAPAXvfOFz8B-aO4Kb7DgnL5BVGjjAGnGFZp565vMR-tIWQGP9sUIdFBZvhX1G145kJKrjavemNum2-hpsna4SaacIFxzYJHF5NsUfAgQHg9tMs1XGl5VQMK6zOlhSU0GWPV-X9AVC0PVtGSycCPQQWMBUh2VqQ7zqaxeVIMHzoqOCHn_G2wsRlgceDkiVLmNDXfLw1XDVnWNJUY_6idPljuv1cFKksWSdwwkqC4w28h25k_Pq5RlVS7Q4YeL79SaVl5dFfA==

maybe its "too" much damage, if it will be around 14-15k damage, i will take more life / reduced mana nodes.

personally i like to have more power charges, it seems no problem to have them 90% of the time up, thats why i took them.

i would be happy if some others of you share your ideas, maybe mathil aswell, but i dont think he is really active anymore for this build (but this build is so great!)

and sorry for my horrible english,

greetings from germany

"
Mathil wrote:
"
Nitle wrote:
Are you shocking enemies? If so, where are you generating the shock stack from? I know HoT cannot shock, so I am struggling to figure out where you are getting the stack from.

Yes, shocking everything because of Herald of Thunder's added lightning damage to Flameblast so when it crits it shocks. It's only the zaps that are generated by HoT that don't shock.

What changes is you lose a bit of life and gain lots of elemental damage and a few % of life regen. Unless flameblast itself or the way burn works is changed this build should get stronger.

could you tell my why you dont took any power charges?
with your build, i have no problem to have max power charges up all the time.
but really intresting build, did not see that you posted one.
Last edited by crackred on Dec 9, 2014, 1:35:43 PM
"
crackred wrote:
alright guys, i try to optimize the build for the new 1.3 patch
i made a lot of tests with crit flameblast, because i think mathil did not showed the whole potential of crit flameblast.

this build is really, really strong.

some test videos i made with REALLY sub-optimal equipment and skilltree (now i have 6link, a better skilltree and everything works totally fine)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTzHZZGiheM&list=UUmZ33VyrPSio4X19Pa32FXQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq5SqtGDNYE&list=UUmZ33VyrPSio4X19Pa32FXQ

i can push the damage up to 15k with 5 power charges, but at this range you are getting not really tanky.

10-11k is strong enough and really tanky.

this is my current tree for 1.3
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUA-d2LjMCaCarZ_MBmBLOf36IAPAXvfOFz8B-aO4Kb7DgnL5BVGjjAGnGFZp565vMR-tIWQGP9sUIdFBZvhX1G145kJKrjavemNum2-hpsna4SaacIFxzYJHF5NsUfAgQHg9tMs1XGl5VQMK6zOlhSU0GWPV-X9AVC0PVtGSycCPQQWMBUh2VqQ7zqaxeVIMHzoqOCHn_G2wsRlgceDkiVLmNDXfLw1XDVnWNJUY_6idPljuv1cFKksWSdwwkqC4w28h25k_Pq5RlVS7Q4YeL79SaVl5dFfA==

maybe its "too" much damage, if it will be around 14-15k damage, i will take more life / reduced mana nodes.

personally i like to have more power charges, it seems no problem to have them 90% of the time up, thats why i took them.

i would be happy if some others of you share your ideas, maybe mathil aswell, but i dont think he is really active anymore for this build (but this build is so great!)

and sorry for my horrible english,

greetings from germany

"
Mathil wrote:
"
Nitle wrote:

could you tell my why you dont took any power charges?
with your build, i have no problem to have max power charges up all the time.
but really intresting build, did not see that you posted one.

uh guildmate :D ich werd das auch spieln (siehe tree oben)

i would not take spel dmg/castspeed nodes near templer, since they are only half as good as elemental, which work on initial hit and burn dmg. why no manareg??

power charges are nice, but i think 4 is enough for the start..not sure..ill see if i need it or not...once i get to lvl 90 ill take them for sure

if u dont go manareg i would start as shadow
ach, witzig, grüß dich :-D

yea, i saw that too.
your tree is good aswell, a bit lower dps but more manaregen and crit multi.
and yes, power charges will be good at ~86 or so

*german
spell damage ist zwar nicht effektiv wie es z.b ele damage ist aufgrund des extra burning damages, aber der initial hit wird dadurch schon ordentlich erhöht, welcher den burndamage kalkulieren lässt, also hat es indirekt schon einfluss auf den burn damage, nur verstärkt es nicht noch extra den burning damage.

aber shadow start ist in der tat trotzdem sinnvoll, nur ist der templar zu beginn der bessere start und ich habe ewig keinen templar mehr gespielt :-)

gruß, wir sehen uns ingame!

Last edited by crackred on Dec 9, 2014, 3:47:26 PM
You just don't use the flameblast's advantage. The aoe. You have slow setup time. You dont need increased burning damage, i think. Put spell echo, and if you will have 6l on carcass put faster casting too. You will see, will be nice
Your way might still be better (I probably don't value mana regen as highly as I should), but if you drop the "quick recovery cluster" and the "holy fire cluster", you can grab "heart of flame" and the "blood drinker" cluster for the same number of points.

Difference comes out to be
-40% mana regen
-75% burning damage

+6% life
+71% fire damage
+3% fire penetration

Obviously more life is nice, and the fire damage+penetration will do way more than the burning damage, but I am probably undervaluing the mana regen.

[edit]
link

There is also an "extra" node in the celestial punishment cluster that you took in the build I modified. I am pretty sure that was an accident, but I left it there for point comparison purposes :p
Last edited by ShadowyDream on Dec 11, 2014, 1:16:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info