Thank you GGG, you inspired me to follow my dreams. (Eitr shown at e3!)

This one is right at the top of my 'most jonesing for' list :)
But seriously, a webzone would be nice to follow news.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
IF there are news... if not, it quickly gets boring and people will not check for updates. (Sometimes there is not much to show off, even if programming progresses well)

bump... I guess ;)
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
Please. Want to play.
Release the pre-alpha concept build with a timer for highscores - who manages to play the longest without a crash.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
"
Wraeklops wrote:
Good luck and try keeping the momentum!

Butcher? hehe :)

Looks like there are a few option in combat, somewhat tactical... I like it.
Atmosphere already is quite good.
Are graphics just placeholders or is it indended old school style?

It's intended - pixel art, really is a love it or hate it kinda thing I guess! We love it though, and it makes assets easier to create so we can produce content at a steady rate, as we're only a team of two this really was a necessity from the beginning.

Also yeah! Butcher! Total intended nod of respect at GGG (who probably made their Butcher as a nod of respect too? haha) :)

Thanks again everyone for the kind words, the positive feedback truly is motivating. We're working literally day and night on Eitr and should have some updates to show off soon.

- David

INGAME: Savanity
Hey, just found your website :)
I think you didn't share the link (or am I blind?)

bookmarked to check for updates

glhf
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
"
Wraeklops wrote:
Hey, just found your website :)
I think you didn't share the link (or am I blind?)

bookmarked to check for updates

glhf

Hey Wraeklops,

Thanks! and yeah, I didn't want to post a link to our website as I didn't intend for this thread to make people leave the PoE site. Just wanted to share our work with you guys and thank GGG. :)
INGAME: Savanity
TC, I'll give you both the pros and the cons.

Pros:

The type of combat you're going with looks like it might be interesting, and I do see sorta what you're aiming for, which is like a hybrid between a game like dark souls and diablo. If the combat is executed well, then it will be a good game. What you roughly got so far looks like it has potential.

Cons:

The environment and art direction seems really boring. You need some more complex textures/features in the walls/floor/area in general. Its clear you're in desperate need of a pixel artist.

The game looks like it might need to be a tad more fast paced. Does it run 60fps? If not, then it should be.

Something you might want to consider:

More types of evasive maneuvers, and maybe the ability to skillfully time a parry with your shield, you know like in dark souls where it opens the enemy up for critical damage? You could tighten up the timing to where it definitely isn't a "gimme". Maybe penalize the player for a failed parry attempt where an incorrect timing results in them getting hit for 1.5x damage, or possibly getting their shield disabled for a period of time.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Nov 16, 2014, 4:25:54 AM
To the top!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info