Thank you GGG, you inspired me to follow my dreams. (Eitr shown at e3!)

"
I am looking forward to three games right now:

No Man's Sky
FFVII Remake
Eitr

No pressure or anything, guys.

PS I will buy any merch you put out.

and exanima?
my english sux.
"
S3ph1r0th wrote:
No exp in the game. They have favor which u get either from bosses or in hidden places.

So basically there is no point in killing simple mobs and you can simply skip every optional fight.
Thats a bad design choice imo.
Or maybe i misunderstood.

Gl with your game!

Nah, all enemies have a chance of granting you Favor, and the difference of Level between you and an enemy will dynamically alter the percentage of chance of acquisition.

That was a mouthfull, haha.
INGAME: Savanity
Last edited by Derity on Aug 9, 2015, 5:20:26 AM
"
Derity wrote:
"
S3ph1r0th wrote:
No exp in the game. They have favor which u get either from bosses or in hidden places.

So basically there is no point in killing simple mobs and you can simply skip every optional fight.
Thats a bad design choice imo.
Or maybe i misunderstood.

Gl with your game!

Nah, all enemies have a chance of granting you Favor, and the difference of Level between you and an enemy will dynamically alter the percentage of chance of acquisition.

That was a mouthfull, haha.

That is very good then.
I didnt hear that in the video.
Gib... GIB. GIB GAEM. GIB NAO.

No really. There is huge free market for "simple" games like this, yet still developers fail to make good games. I'm not talking about recent flood of shitty indie platformers, tho. :V
I hope this will be different. :) GL.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Aug 10, 2015, 2:22:02 AM
How did you pick up your game design and programming skills? I'd love to get myself into game development, but currently I have some knowledge on my hands(my university degree covers a lot of math and some programming topics like OOP, structures, Design and Complexity of Algorithms), but I've got no further direction which I could follow.
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
How did you pick up your game design and programming skills? I'd love to get myself into game development, but currently I have some knowledge on my hands(my university degree covers a lot of math and some programming topics like OOP, structures, Design and Complexity of Algorithms), but I've got no further direction which I could follow.

Well in all honesty we learnt everything we know through self-teaching. Everything we know is from video tutorials, guides found on google, youtube, etc.

I mean no offence when I say this, but school can only take you so far, we both went to University for years but what we found is that we already knew the majority of things they were teaching as we were already hobbiests in gamedev.

The best advice I can give you is to download either Unity / Construct 2 / GameMaker / etc and start messing around with it, watch tutorials and make a few simple prototypes, as your prototypes get more complex you'll start to learn tricks and you'll just get better through experience.

As for Game Design, I've been an avid gamer for 20+ years... Haha, I get my Game design philosophy mostly from just playing games.
Last edited by Derity on Aug 12, 2015, 6:42:39 AM
Have you guys been making games with a premade engine like Unity or have you built your own game engine? I've recently started following the creation of Handmade Hero, but it seems that it would take so long to make that it is quite off-putting. Would you recommend tinkering with Unity or Unreal for a while and then covering all the fine points in building you own game engine?

P.S. Also, do you mind pointing me in the direction of the guides that helped you out the most?
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Aug 12, 2015, 9:52:02 AM
Looks good, will dip. Good luck!
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
Have you guys been making games with a premade engine like Unity or have you built your own game engine? I've recently started following the creation of Handmade Hero, but it seems that it would take so long to make that it is quite off-putting. Would you recommend tinkering with Unity or Unreal for a while and then covering all the fine points in building you own game engine?

P.S. Also, do you mind pointing me in the direction of the guides that helped you out the most?

We use Unity and strongly encourage other new indie devs to do so too, other software like Construct 2 is even easier and we recommend that also, building your own engine is alot of work and unless you're making something really specific then it's not 100% necessary.

PS. Unity has a lot of official tutorials which are a great start.

Little bump since I saw that recent video (end of january) today, involving someone playing the PSX demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-YatMGBqq0
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Apr 1, 2016, 7:44:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info