[1.3] Purple Rain; a shockingly chaotic Voltaxic Rift build (w/ budget version!)

Thanks for your answer ;)

I was just testing this char for a few days and I have to admit that this build is GREAT. I'm learning now how to properly use Lightning Wrap and I'm starting to love it. I'm the fan of crit archer builds, but this one is like unique for me. It's awesome.

About the build:

My Passive Tree

I decided to pick Mind Drinker node (without 1 passive) which greatly increased mana leech. From this point I don't have any problems with mana. Also, when I'm taking damage nodes, the amount of mana leeched is greater than earlier. I suppose that when I hit ~86/87 lv and some of my gems at 20lv, I will respec that node for extra life (Revenge of the Hunted), damage (Projectile Damage/Ranger Area) or attack speed (Acuity). Since I have a lot strength on my gear, I respected +30 STR passive and gained +1 extra point.

This gear is probably my end-game one (maybe except of this quiver). I will divine Berek's for more life/damage. I was also thinking about Drillneck (so I would need 4 extra passive points), but I'm not sure if it would fit enough to this build.

Anyway, this build is great. I'm clearing 76 maps even with Vulnerability. There is no mob which could resist or reflect my attack. I also 5-linked my LC, so I'm using now LA + curse, which is amazing addon. Survivability is okay with these flasks:

...but I will probably change Jade Flask for Rumi.. I'm not sure about it. 2k eva (base) is a bit low for me.

Anyway, this build rocks! :)
Last edited by Pure on Feb 2, 2015, 7:01:38 AM
Just for confirmation: TS > LA :D I tested it.

EDIT: A little hint

ZiggyD brought a nice little goody to my attention:

Hot - RM - CoH - Conductivity

By linking Herald of Thunder with Curse on Hit and Conductivity every mob hit by HoT will be cursed with Conductivity thus you dont have to selfcast anymore its a neat step to automization.

Cheers
Last edited by I3lack_D_Ice on Feb 2, 2015, 9:30:20 AM
^ HoT - CoH combination is well known, especially when connected to Assasin's Mark (Crit builds). Well, for this build I still prefer self-cursing mobs.

Lightning Arrow chains up to 3 times
Chain gem chains 2 times
GMP +4 arrows

LA - Chain - GMP - Projectile Weakness - CoH

This combo allows you to curse dozens of mobs while using LA skill just one time. It is fast, it deals damage, it shocks (Herald of Thunder does not apply shock!). LA Attack time is 0.44 sec., which is just awesome for fast cursing and killing mobs. My 1 level LA deals 800 DPS.

Also, check out what quality grants on supported gems (20% Quality):

Lightning Arrow +30% Shock Duration
Curse on Hit +10% increased effect of supported gems
Chain +20% increased projectile speed
GMP +10% increased attack and cast speed
Projectile Weakness +15% chance to pierce cursed enemies

These gems combined together with 20q is the best curse combo for this build in my opinion.
Last edited by Pure on Feb 3, 2015, 4:02:25 PM
Sadly, Voltaxic makes Conductivity rather useless (since you deal all chaos; less light res does not help in that case) otherwise double curse would be amazing.

Glad you guys are enjoying it!
Thanks for the great guide..
I'm trying this out right now..
Love Voltaxic and had a LA build till now.

I must admit I still have some problems with the survivability, but I'm trying haha..

I would love to see you keep the build updated with tipps and stuff!

Cheers and thanks for your help!
Hey I'm very much a fan of voltaxic, i made my own build with voltaxic using crit and frenzy, so it looks a bit different, but many of the same nodes still:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm42v6wguAdHtg6JAGY70-ABeoSLTfsSilwa74wX5LYP-upsmGYro1jIB-wnrFM3qBbXndLIZ9trUI42_bWzPehqPMHH661FHtUilyzY9YevdqJLzMHw-z-dUBiPz6uOEnapLeF5FfyuNfb3mJP0fQSoLDkhirGyMOkLWinfXI_b_3gMecFIRlmNDVvo51E2SFr-TlfzFY6dv8iaVrTNnoN0N3Uagn2HiGdeHdpAKW68RgVVL459OKiF2jDZKfbZBhs7lGVoajX7BM7Q4t7b79XXLl5fqYr6nRXxlTb02

For a lower level passive tree i would suggest remove all the nodes near the duelist area as its quite an investment to begin with, and you might want to just use some regrets to reach it later on in the game(lvl 85-90)

I'm using a 6-link: Frenzy + Weapon Elemental Damage + Power Charge On Critical + Blood Magic + Life Leech + Faster Attacks
This can also be done with the pierce gem if you spec into it in the passive tree(just remove some elemental damage), although i do prefer faster attacks for faster boss/rare mob killing.

This can be done with a 5-link, just remove faster attacks/pierce. I don't use LMP/GMP because i have +1 arrow on my quiver.

Also i use
, but i do plan on changing them for corrupted darkray vectors with +1 frenzy charge for a total of +9 frenzy charges(3 from passives, 1 from bandit, 2 from shoes).

In my chest i use a 5-link Vaal Spark + Empower(lvl 3) + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Added Lightning Damage + Faster Projectiles.

For auras i use Alphas Howl with Wrath + Grace + Herald of Thunder + Reduced Mana.

With this combo im doing around 23k dps with 8 frenzy charges and 4 power charges, and i have 23k evasion(63% evade chance) and with a jade flask i get 43k evasion(74% evade chance).
Darkray vectors will also give a nice 18% additional dodge chance with 9 frenzy charges, for a total of 58%(40% from passives).
I have to note that my chest has quite high evasion(2.2k) which is probably the reason for the high evade chance.

Currently i have 3.9k hp, which is not too much and I have to be careful not to get oneshot if there's vulnerability/-resist, but that's about the only problem, since i dont get hit very often.

What goes for curses, i just manually cast Assassin's Mark, as i dont really have sockets to link it to curse on hit.

I hope you find this useful/get inspired by it :)
IGN: Pixifan
Last edited by Pixifan on Feb 27, 2015, 4:11:16 AM
Hey there! Always wanted to try Voltaxic fun. I have a lvl 86 Shadow that needs a build :)
Thinking of buying a 6L Voltaxic, and it will eat all my currency, but hey..
I'm thinking on using these:

and hopefully some +1 curse corrupt if I get lucky.

My main question is: Is it worth to invest in Corruption and Method to The Madness nodes, as they
increase DoT and chaos damage. Two curses on CoH setup would be Temporal Chains and Vulnerability.
Vulnerability to increase DoT and Chains to prolong the shock duration and to calm them down you know..
Anyways, looking forward to play this finally! Gotta get my hands on a nice Voltaxic soon! GG
IGN: VodeniZec
"
vodeni wrote:
Hey there! Always wanted to try Voltaxic fun. I have a lvl 86 Shadow that needs a build :)
Thinking of buying a 6L Voltaxic, and it will eat all my currency, but hey..
I'm thinking on using these:

and hopefully some +1 curse corrupt if I get lucky.

My main question is: Is it worth to invest in Corruption and Method to The Madness nodes, as they
increase DoT and chaos damage. Two curses on CoH setup would be Temporal Chains and Vulnerability.
Vulnerability to increase DoT and Chains to prolong the shock duration and to calm them down you know..
Anyways, looking forward to play this finally! Gotta get my hands on a nice Voltaxic soon! GG

I dont see why you should get method to madness, its very point inefficient as you will probably not be going close to it anyway, and why do you want dot damage?
IGN: Pixifan
Looks interesting. I will give this build a shot
This is an awesome build!

Thanks for sharing. I love the concept and I've always wanted to use Voltaxic because I really like the design, but to me the DPS seems very low without crit. I really like the idea of this build but I wanted more damage so I kind of adopted it into a Windripper build and wanted to share with you.

Windripper main damage is the 1-100 lightning damage it has, so it works similar to Voltaxic except it does not convert to chaos, has higher attack speed, has almost double the crit chance.

This is different from other Windripper builds because I using your build's concept of stacking lightning damage on gear and taking nodes like Arcing Blows - like you do on this build. I am not using many aura nodes and I do not use any auras except Wrath, HoT, and HoI. Most other Windripper builds I have seen grab many aura nodes and run Anger as well, they are also nearly all low-life builds using Shav's.

I wish I could use Wake of Destruction as they boost my high-end lightning from 4.1K to 4.6K PER HIT. Unfortunately I have not been able to find gear to solve my resistances so I need boots with life and resistance and cannot use Wake of Destruction for now.

For gloves I decided to use Acuities for life, intelligence, and leech. Although Thunderfists / Maligaros like you mention are great options.

My AOE 6L is Split Arrow - Faster Attacks - WED - PCOC - Added Lightning Damage - and then either Pierce / Additional Accuracy or ICD. Since this is for AOE I don't really need super high damage so usually I run with Pierce or Additional Accuracy. I was getting ~55K Split Arrow

My 6L single target is Ele Hit - Faster Attacks - WED - ICD - Additional Accuracy and Mana Leech. Once I get more comfortable I will take out the Mana Leech and put in Added Lightning. Right now I got ~50K Ele Hit.

Combined with Berek's ring and taking some mana nodes on tree then even Ele Hit is sustainable for continuous attack against a target. However I carry 1 mana flask with recharge on crit.

I hit crit cap of 95% crit chance with Ele Hit and I hit about 90% with Split Arrow.

Build clears fast and even with my small amount of cold I can freeze bosses. Ofc tons of lightning damage for easy shocks. I never knew Atziri could be this easy with a bow build + some movement speed - you guys have it easy xD.

This is my path:

You can also use Ele Weakness curse on hit to help your DPS.

Anyway just wanted to share a higher DPS concept based on this build.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 21, 2015, 11:51:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info