[1.3] Purple Rain; a shockingly chaotic Voltaxic Rift build (w/ budget version!)

It is SO awesome to see people still playing this and making all these 2.0 changes! It seems like 2.0 was very kind with the new jewels and frenzy charge changes.
"
Yordle wrote:

I no longer have the gear for this character, so I cannot really test the changes in 2.0. I can maybe theorycraft a new passive tree if there is interest, though.

please do it mate :)
Last edited by naughty on Jul 24, 2015, 10:44:35 PM
do you guys think it would make sense to play this build with this chest?

Last edited by naughty on Jul 25, 2015, 3:45:27 PM
"
Yordle wrote:
It is SO awesome to see people still playing this and making all these 2.0 changes! It seems like 2.0 was very kind with the new jewels and frenzy charge changes.

Static Electricity seems nice.

I really wanna play this build but am lacking some rares for it at the moment, since my goal is to use Legacy Kaom's and Blood Dance Boots, which puts a lot of stress on the gear. I visited some OLD Voltaxic Threads and I would love to try RRRGGB or RRRGGG with a base of either SA-Chain or LA-GMP-Chain and WED + LL + LGOH.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Inspired myself by this build, it's really great. Started out shadow, though, because leveling with freezing pulse and other spells was much easier than leveling Bows with ranger, especially in this patch. I'm running double Static Electricity Jewels, a rare jewel and inspired learning, very fun jewels.

Items so far:
Spoiler

Not rich enough for maligaro's or rat's nest, but they are not needed anyways. Also, a +2 minions helmet is very good with a golem socketed in it.

Using ice shot atm but I leveled with lightning arrow, and I switch the gems around for more diversity. Ice shot is mainly because of chilled ground, and my friend running temporal chains, so it just stops the mobs that I don't outright oneshot.

Ice shot dps all charged up
Spoiler

Frenzy dps
Spoiler

Very fun build.
Passive tree
http://poeurl.com/ztGIjcB

Jewels:

Got a video of it in action too.
Last edited by Humble_Canadian on Jul 26, 2015, 3:22:59 AM
There is a jewel, that allows you to leech from chaos damage. Why dont try it for Voltaxis?
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
There is a jewel, that allows you to leech from chaos damage. Why dont try it for Voltaxis?

That jewel requires 5 corrupted items right?

Besides you better off using Lgoh with the build I find.

Tried to record a Wasteland last night, was all good until the boss.

Build doesn't have enough boss sustain I feel. Plus that boss hitboxes are dumpster juice
Last edited by D0ndarion on Jul 27, 2015, 2:50:05 PM
Awesome to see Voltaxic love is still around.(◕‿◕)♡
The Gemling Queen favours 'NotACuckRoach'.

Ethaereal │ Exaltreal │ Cherrubim │ Erremes │ Khainne │ Kaelous │ Balzael