[1.3] Purple Rain; a shockingly chaotic Voltaxic Rift build (w/ budget version!)

For those who want much higher damage, you can use this same Voltaxic theme of stacking lightning damage, but using Windripper instead.

I think the key to getting very high damage on the Windripper version is to:

- Get many frenzy charges
- Add as many Static Electricity jewels
- And then use Surgebinders

If you can get 10 frenzy charges with the Windripper version you will get 40% more damage, as well as up to 70% increased elemental damage from the Surgebinders. Add in lots of lightning damage from Static Elec jewels being added as payload to your attacks, and combined with getting all the bow crit nodes -> you could start doing some very serious damage.

If you want even more damage you could take out Blood Magic and just rely on surgeon mana flasks with slow mana regen.. 2 of these flasks should be enough.

You can maintain Frenzy charges using Frenzy + LMP/GMP + COH + Ele Weakness in a simple 4L. Then you can have a 6L AOE in bow and 6L single target in chest. OR you could just make the Frenzy a 6L with PCOC and maybe something like Blind. And then use TS as the other 6L.

For life regen - you will have to rely on pots which is not a big deal.

I see Surgebinders are going for <25 chaos. You should get much more DPS from these than other more expensive gloves like Thunderfist.

This is a possible Windripper+Surgebinder tree (maxed out):

Key gems to use would be WED and Slower Projectiles to get the extra MORE modifiers to all your elemental and projectile damage.

your link for the build is broken
Guys, i have questions, LOTS OF questions :'O
it would be rly awesome if you can help me somehow
First of all, im at 60lvl with 71points in skilltree.

And its turning point for me to choose whatever build i should to pick, i used a skilltree planner and made 2(4) variations of build with same core, I planning to put voltaxic with Doryani's lightning belt and use it with LA. I love Lightning arrow but for me its first time using it with voltaxic bow so i need an advice.

Variant_1a

Just regular crit based core for bow build but with ele+chaos dmg nods and vaal pact.
Overall: 145%life, 76%ele+79%chaos, Crits.
Questions:

- Since our Voltaxic got quite low 6% Crit chance, does we need Rat's nest + Maligaros to make it viable for crit based build? Or crit chance for LA will be enough without it, just with crit nodes from skilltree?

- Chaos dmg. From what i seen - no one takes these clusters for voltaxic builds, only lightning nods. Is it that bad in comparison with lightning? or its just for being able to lifeleach from lightning dmg since its quite hard to do that with chaos lol.

- Doryani's belt lightning version. Will lifeleach work with Voltaxic since all our lightning dmg is converted to chaos. Need advice.

- Vaal pact. Dont know if it worth it, guess it is with Doryani. Need advice.

Variant_2a

Bump your Lightning dmg even more at cost of all crit mods, leads us to 76%ele+74%lightning+79%chaos. Now you dont need to worry about rat's nest + maligaros, or any other expensive crit stuff, but Thunderfist...SO:

- Is this trade worth in terms of dps for losing crits? Cuz crits are fun!

- same topics with belt, chaos dmg nods and vaal pact.

Variant_2b
And version with even more lightning nods from witch area (inspired by OP), even more %life for losing chaos dmg and probably vaal pact (its a bit more expensive now but not rly)
overall: 165%life, 76%ele dmg, 165%lightning dmg, no crits.

So, which setup is better? What advice you can give?
im so sorry for my grammar, english is not my native language, and im not even playing PoE at EU anymore since its finally published in my region.
Thanks in advance.

You can easily leech from chaos, if you get Hungry Abyss jewel. Then, you'll need to equip 5 corrupted items (for example, you can corrupt all your jewelry + quiver), and all your life leech will be based upon CHAOS damage. Best used with Bloodrage and leech mods on gear! Or you get Vaal Pact without Blood Rage, if you have tons of Life leech mods/passives, and enjoy leeching from damage dealt
IDK, why no one even mentioned it! That should be insane!

Surgebinders are impressive gloves for this build, and on Warbands, they cost literally nothing (1 alchemy). I think they're far better than Thunderfist.

Chaos damage clusters are JUST NOT WORTH IT. Elemental or lightning damage nodes are much stronger. Chaos nodes are useful only for PA archers, who cant scale their damage with other nodes.

I personally think losing crit isnt worth it. You can get decent crit chance and multiplier without much investments (just 10-15 nodes), and double your DPS easily. How many "increased lightning damage" nodes do you need for same results? And that's not even counting shock from crits!
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Aug 2, 2015, 1:31:30 PM
I tried to make a voltaxic build myself today. I had the same idea as you guys but with a different execution. Instead of +light dmg I tried to get +projectile and good Static Electricity spots.

In the end i came up with this

I would put Static Electricity in the 3 spots around ranger start for a total of 280 dex. Thats like a 2nd wrath aura :)

Other then that i get 3 frenzy charges, ~160% Life, ~250% evasion and ~200% inc. dmg (+3 open jewel slots for ~20-40% inc dmg each)

Any thoughts?
Last edited by Flouyd on Aug 4, 2015, 8:30:28 AM
Friend traded something for a Voltaxic yesterday and gave it to me. I'm going to start a Shadow in like 5min and try this build out.

One question tho: why not pick Spirit Void since it manages to sustain Tornado Shots so good? It's really not needed in this build? Thanks, and please keep it updated. :)
Last edited by Bidumandias on Aug 7, 2015, 2:39:21 AM
"
Pure wrote:
It's really nice build. Since I started using Voltaxic Rift with 5L TS, I can do easly some 74-75 lv maps. I didn't try higher tho. Unfortunately I have HUGE problems with mana, and I don't really know why. I have max %shock, but I always have "breaks" between attacks with "My mana is low" text. The other problem for me is movement. It's SLOOOWWWW, and even if I'm using LW, it's still annyoing as hell. This char is fun etc., but honestly I was expecting something more from char for >50 exalts.

You could just swap weapons to use Whirling Blade or Leap Slam. That's definitely what I am going to do.
"
Brotoss wrote:
For anyone wanting to run this build in 2.0, hegemony ran a lightning arrow setup with a voltaxic rift in the beta. Here is a link to his video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csIxxaHd9Dk

I tried it and I just can't handle the mana that it consumes. Made some changes (Tornado Shot instead of Lightning Arrow and Spirit Void nod) and it's running just fine now. Not many mana issues.
"
Zogato wrote:
I've been playing Voltaxic LA/TS since the reset and this is what I have so far.
Gear
Spoiler

This is definitely not the most efficient build... but so far its been working. Running dual curse with Windscream because its incredibly versatile, synergizes VERY well with the build and can be switched out to run a support build. Of course reflect does nothing to you. I also plan on switching out The Taming with Valako's for that 1% hp leech.

With the combination of assassins mark and projectile weakness you will deal substantially more DPS than what the tool tip tells you.

Skill Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4DHgUtBfkGIwguDkgPqw_EEZYTnhUgFfAWvxmKGY4ZtBnXGo8fQSF2JIsknST9JpUnqSoLLYMwcTB8Mfo2iTnUOkI7fEMxRXxHfkt4T69RR1O7VUtbr13yXkVh4mJaZU1nvW_ycFJw1XTtdct29311fjN_K3_Ggh6GzonTjDaNfo2_kvOTlZcGl5ebjaCfoqOkka0ztDi1SLjKvTa-p7_VwTPB88M6xKLNmNN-1CPawd0N3ajfmOUZ51TqYu2D73rz6vTp9qP22vrr-wn79f66_94=

I've respec this build multiple times (wasted around 80 regrets so far) and if I were to change it again. I would not take the Shock chance nodes near the witch line. I have 50% chance to crit with all my skills and over 500% crit multiplier. Since a crit will shock enemies regardless I think the skill points would be better off somewhere else...like getting more HP nodes.

My build currently lacks HP nodes. In the most severe way. I only have 2.7k HP and I feel likes its incredibly low. However, I've had no problem clearing content with that amount of HP as long as you know how to actively dodge. Oh yeah... build kinda sucks against bosses...especially those that cannot be shocked. If you can't shock an enemy then you will not leech mana.

In addition, because my build boasts a large projectile speed bonus I can snipe enemies from 2-3 screens away. Projectile speed seems to increase the range that your shots will go and its fun with LA.

After reading this whole thread I believe that your build suits more my playing style. I really prefer Critical builds, specially with Voltaxic.

This is what I came up with:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2E55VS6SRYeJ-MyaVXfIWv3DVDkgDHonTEZYfQXBSk5V_xgYjKgutM6KjJ6kwW7VI8-oZ1w_ErJdtbDt8lYfndDY9uModg-jWnaqbJgW1YqxsjDIBBfmNv7IZlwZRR9Qjz3rEoudUMHwwcbvjJP2NfcjcfyvdqP66_94j9sFJOdRLeH11TZL-HW_ydvc6QtN-oJ8x-gBe73oZjvaj7YMVIAgu3Q0tg5uNW68ZtCF2DY2-p4bOh3Z1y2VNwTPjn-pivTZKfc2YR36NfkMxv9XawVO7dO0FLQ==

Or this one:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2E55VS6SRYeJ-MyaVXfIWv3DVDkgDHonTEZYfQXBSk5V_xgYjKgutM6KjJ6kwW7VI8-oZ1w_EwfOsl21sO3yCHpWH53Q2PbjKFLAdg-jWnapMLZsmBbVirGyMEQ8yAQX5jb9-r7IZlwZRR9QjjRm1hc96xKLnVDB8MHHgEu9Qu-Mk_Y19yNx_K92o2V_BtP66_94j9sFJOdRLeN2MLX19dU2S_h1v8nb3OkLTfqCfMfoAXu96GY72o-2DFSAILt0Nm41bryF2DY2Gzod2wTPjn0p9rJg6WFXGg9s=
Last edited by Bidumandias on Aug 7, 2015, 2:33:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info