[1.3] Purple Rain; a shockingly chaotic Voltaxic Rift build (w/ budget version!)

Currently putting my flicker duelist on hold to farm cash for this build,archives is going to be very boring lol How will this build hold up in act4?? Right now it is 22ex for cheap bereks and bow.
Any chance of this getting a 2.0 update...got a ranger that i LOVE this build on! It was quite expensive to make work but it is just fantastic...but I am horrible with skill trees :/
For anyone wanting to run this build in 2.0, hegemony ran a lightning arrow setup with a voltaxic rift in the beta. Here is a link to his video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csIxxaHd9Dk
This is close...but I notice he doesn't go up into the witch tree for all the extra lightning damage...I have the thunderfists and bereks as well so it really benefited me. I appreciate the help though.
I need pic passive tree patch 1.3

give me please.... TT

Thank you!!!
Last edited by catman2015 on Jul 13, 2015, 8:54:00 AM
http://imgur.com/Amw1m3O

Here is the 1.3 passive tree in picture form.

I no longer have the gear for this character, so I cannot really test the changes in 2.0. I can maybe theorycraft a new passive tree if there is interest, though.

Last edited by Yordle on Jul 15, 2015, 7:34:35 PM
I've been playing Voltaxic LA/TS since the reset and this is what I have so far.
Gear
Spoiler

This is definitely not the most efficient build... but so far its been working. Running dual curse with Windscream because its incredibly versatile, synergizes VERY well with the build and can be switched out to run a support build. Of course reflect does nothing to you. I also plan on switching out The Taming with Valako's for that 1% hp leech.

With the combination of assassins mark and projectile weakness you will deal substantially more DPS than what the tool tip tells you.

Skill Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4DHgUtBfkGIwguDkgPqw_EEZYTnhUgFfAWvxmKGY4ZtBnXGo8fQSF2JIsknST9JpUnqSoLLYMwcTB8Mfo2iTnUOkI7fEMxRXxHfkt4T69RR1O7VUtbr13yXkVh4mJaZU1nvW_ycFJw1XTtdct29311fjN_K3_Ggh6GzonTjDaNfo2_kvOTlZcGl5ebjaCfoqOkka0ztDi1SLjKvTa-p7_VwTPB88M6xKLNmNN-1CPawd0N3ajfmOUZ51TqYu2D73rz6vTp9qP22vrr-wn79f66_94=

I've respec this build multiple times (wasted around 80 regrets so far) and if I were to change it again. I would not take the Shock chance nodes near the witch line. I have 50% chance to crit with all my skills and over 500% crit multiplier. Since a crit will shock enemies regardless I think the skill points would be better off somewhere else...like getting more HP nodes.

My build currently lacks HP nodes. In the most severe way. I only have 2.7k HP and I feel likes its incredibly low. However, I've had no problem clearing content with that amount of HP as long as you know how to actively dodge. Oh yeah... build kinda sucks against bosses...especially those that cannot be shocked. If you can't shock an enemy then you will not leech mana.

In addition, because my build boasts a large projectile speed bonus I can snipe enemies from 2-3 screens away. Projectile speed seems to increase the range that your shots will go and its fun with LA.
I absolutely love Voltaxic. I just wish there was a way to get more damage =(.

Zogato how much DPS are you getting on your skills?

50% cc and 500% mult sounds really good!

I agree that if you are going for crit chance then you do not need shock chance nodes.

I like your approach, and the more I think about the more I like the idea of actually running tri-curse with Assassin's Mark, Projectile Weakness, and Warlord's Mark OR Poacher's Mark to give you mana and life leech.

Using Warlord or Poacher will help solve the problem of leeching against bosses that cannot be shocked.

Heck if you are really feeling ballsy you can go for quad-curse and go up to Witch for Whispers of Doom.

Life is a real pain on these builds. I might try and theorycraft a Witch tree for the curse version. It might make more sense to go with a high-life chest like Belly or Kaom's Heart.

BTW - does Phase Run reduced visibility affect enemy's targeting you?
DPS isn't that great... I feel like its just a HUGE limitation of the build...

I get, when buffed with auras, 16k Tornado shot and 4k Lightning Arrow DPS. It can clear maps no problem. I've been able to run lvl 75 maps with no problems.

I updated my skill tree too... I tried to add more survivability to prevent one shots.

New Passive Tree @ lvl 85
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4DHgUtBfkGIwguDkgPqxGWE54VIBXwFr8ZihmOGbQZ1xqPH0EhdiSLJJ0k_SaVKgstgzBxMHwx-jIBN9Q51DpCOrNDMUV8R35LeFFHU7tVS1b6W69d8l5FYeJh62JaZU1v8nBScNV07XXLdvd6U3rvfXV-M38rhs6J04w2jX6Nv5AKkvOTlZcGl5ebJpuNoJ-kka0zr-uyGbQ4tUi9Nr6nv9XBM8M6xKLNmM96037UI9rB3Q3dqN-Y5RnnVOpi7T_tg-968-r2o_ba-uv7Cfv1_rr_3g==

I've considered running tri curse. But even with a 6 link Voltaxic you are running really thin. ONLY way I can see it happening is if you get a corrupted version with [Grants (curse)]. Then you can tri curse with temporal chains built in! I wan't to change my chest piece out but I'm not sure what I want to get...

I think, if I could recolor my voltaxic I would fit a red link in there just for warlords. It would remove the need for Bereks and solve the mana problem against non-shockable bosses. But then you might get an unhexable boss but...oh well. Build has its limitations.

I ran phase run because I couldnt think of what else to put in there... I know it reduces your visbility to enemies so I was hoping it would take aggro off of me for a precious second.
Currently running Voltaxic build on Warbands. With Level 18 gems (Wrath, HoT, etc) and no quality on supports I'm getting 24.5k lightning arrow buffed dps on a 5 link.

Gears:

(50+% run speed modifier with 6 frenzy up and no quicksilver)

50% evasion

30/15 dodge (Still to pickup phase)

4k+ life (Still could improve with some nice jewels)

Granted I know my build varies from OP's alot but it is still very viable end game. I still have alot of DEEPS to go with levels and quality too!

Passive Tree (For Voltrxex ;p):

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIBAF4DHgUtBbUF-QYjCC4IiQ2NFSAWvxmOGbQajR9BIXYj9iT9JpUqCyzpLYMuUzBxMHwx-jIBNj031DnUOkI-z0MxR35KfUt4TZJRR1O7VUtaGlsmW69daGHiYqxlTWyMbWxuaXBSdO11y3b3fXV_K3_7hNmGs4bOh3aMNo19jX6Nv5UFmvGbJpuNnaqgn6Gkp9SyGbVIu-O9Nr3mvqe_1cEzwUnDM8SiyNzKqc2Yz3rTb9N-1CPV-NrB3BXdDd2o4dvjn-dU53To1upi6xTtP-2D73rz6vaj_h3-uv7I_94=

Spec out of Spirit Void once you get mana on hit jewel. Watch Hege's video for more info
Last edited by D0ndarion on Jul 20, 2015, 4:30:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info