[1.3] Purple Rain; a shockingly chaotic Voltaxic Rift build (w/ budget version!)

GMP 25K LA is pretty good, especially on a 5L too. Dat Slower Projectiles gem xD.

To be honest, I think you can save good points by not getting Deadly Draw or Aspect of the Eagle.

How much crit chance are you getting?
"
Ceryneian wrote:
GMP 25K LA is pretty good, especially on a 5L too. Dat Slower Projectiles gem xD.

To be honest, I think you can save good points by not getting Deadly Draw or Aspect of the Eagle.

Yeh you right, I been trying different builds but deffo should spec out of them nodes. Drop some in the elemental nodes near shadow, maybe grab some more crit.

Off my head I got 55-60% cc ATM on LA. Can't tell you for sure or look at tree as at work now on phone. Will update with my modifications and stats when I'm home.

Build deffo fun to play but I'm pretty near completed with it. I'm kinda done with evasion builds this league. Especially with importance on boss kills now. Ranger lacking unless using trap puncture. I have insane evasion with no grace and still stand no chance with Labyrinth/Academy type bosses
Last edited by D0ndarion on Jul 20, 2015, 10:09:09 PM
"
D0ndarion wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:

Yeh you right, I been trying different builds but deffo should spec out of them nodes. Drop some in the elemental nodes near shadow, maybe grab some more crit.

Off my head I got 55-60% cc ATM on LA. Can't tell you for sure or look at tree as at work now on phone. Will update with my modifications and stats when I'm home.

Build deffo fun to play but I'm pretty near completed with it. I'm kinda done with evasion builds this league. Especially with importance on boss kills now. Ranger lacking unless using trap puncture. I have insane evasion with no grace and still stand no chance with Labyrinth/Academy type bosses

That's pretty good crit chance for Voltaxic, and without PCs too.

Yup, evasion got shafted this patch, hard. Laby and Academy bosses have always been a pain for evasion and are now even worse with the evasion nerfs and higher damage.
Btw have you tried Static Electricity jewel? You could put it by the frenzy node and get up to 150 lightning damaged added to your attacks (adds to max).
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Btw have you tried Static Electricity jewel? You could put it by the frenzy node and get up to 150 lightning damaged added to your attacks (adds to max).

Ok just slotted the jewel and gain about 2.5k Dps with Charges (6 Frenzy and 3 PC) up. I have 50 Dex in the area, it unfortunately does not reach Ballistic Mastery or Finesse nodes, that would be beautiful too :'(

Still level 19 HoT and Wrath

And my 57%cc is with PC up, still could improve using a spike point quiver, but my res would be fucked
Last edited by D0ndarion on Jul 21, 2015, 3:11:29 PM
I think you can get up to 150 dex in that area so that would add quite a high amount of lightning. You could get those points by unspeccing Deadly Draw and Eagle.

What's your total crit multiplier btw?
"
Ceryneian wrote:
I think you can get up to 150 dex in that area so that would add quite a high amount of lightning. You could get those points by unspeccing Deadly Draw and Eagle.

What's your total crit multiplier btw?

I did unspec deadly draw and specc'd into Ele nodes near shadow, i have to get more regrets to respec those into the dex nodes though. 470% crit multi
its saying the build you are trying to use is outdated and it wont load for me,any chance you can update the skill tree ?
WraeclastsProtector !
"
linkinminor wrote:
its saying the build you are trying to use is outdated and it wont load for me,any chance you can update the skill tree ?

Depends on which version you wish to play this build. if you want a crit version i can't help you but i have made a scion version of this build (non crit)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1345178/page/1/#p11084608

if interested feel free to check it
IGN inspectorgadgetz
What do you guys think of going CI instead and using Yifeban's Trickery?

Might be a stretch to try and mix bow crit nodes + ES nodes I guess, but you can get more mana as Witch and the light nodes as well, then get ES nodes for high HP with CI.

Should be feasible to get 7K+ ES I think. If you don't go crit you will save a lot of points and get even more ES, or perhaps curse nodes. Then use Soul Strike quiver, and drop Rat's Nest for Yifeban.

With changes to ES recharge it could work well with bow type play. I will try and theorycraft..
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jul 22, 2015, 5:17:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info