PoE Shops Indexer — search for items with ease

"
xyz wrote:
"
RivaGe wrote:
"
xyz wrote:

Q: I want poe.xyz.is to show a different IGN.
A: This is impossible. It doesn't matter what IGN it shows, people will be able to contact you anyway. All messages will be redirected by the game to the character you're playing.

Pretty sure it's not how it works. Messaging my old IGN says that character is not logged in. Plus I'm never going to be shown as online again and that really hurts sales.

I've added a note to the first post.
haha thanks. But with being always offline am I right?
"
RivaGe wrote:
"
xyz wrote:
"
RivaGe wrote:
Pretty sure it's not how it works. Messaging my old IGN says that character is not logged in. Plus I'm never going to be shown as online again and that really hurts sales.

I've added a note to the first post.
haha thanks. But with being always offline am I right?

You will be shown online when you're playing a character which is on the ladder. This is the only way to find online status. I can't change this, talk to GGG.
"
xyz wrote:

You will be shown online when you're playing a character which is on the ladder. This is the only way to find online status. I can't change this, talk to GGG.

could you run a user client on each server, so that one could whisper to it to be noted as online for an hour, or some set time? :)

The ladder is no longer big enough to be reliable.
One can't compare sales of a ladder char and a non ladder char, the diff is huge.
"
avibu wrote:
"
xyz wrote:

could you run a user client on each server, so that one could whisper to it to be noted as online for an hour, or some set time? :)

One can't compare sales of a ladder char and a non ladder char, the diff is huge.

I thought about doing this, but there are problems. Most importantly, the server kicks me because of too many "actions".

The only valid solution for this is to ask GGG to provide API for listing online players but I doubt they will do this.
"
xyz wrote:
"
avibu wrote:
"
xyz wrote:

I thought about doing this, but there are problems. Most importantly, the server kicks me because of too many "actions".

The only valid solution for this is to ask GGG to provide API for listing online players but I doubt they will do this.

I'm not talking about doing any actions at all.
If a player wants to seem online he must send you a whisper, and you can log it.
I doubt you will get kicked for being AFK and writing down who is online :)
Thanks xyz for this great indexing and search service. It's absolutely amazing.
"
avibu wrote:

If a player wants to seem online he must send you a whisper, and you can log it.

Oh, that's a nice idea. I'll consider it.
"
xyz wrote:
"
avibu wrote:

Oh, that's a nice idea. I'll consider it.

awesome. also, your indexing service is awesome, and i love the new look :)
sorry if this is already answered - iv googled it alot.

my items show as sold by my alt - so im always "offline" which makes it VERY hard to sell.

i have tried everything to change it :S is there a solution?

i want to be shown as YelmrogWitch not Eimajyelmrog.

ty to anyone who cna help.
"
Jamie1987 wrote:
sorry if this is already answered - iv googled it alot.

my items show as sold by my alt - so im always "offline" which makes it VERY hard to sell.

i have tried everything to change it :S is there a solution?

i want to be shown as YelmrogWitch not Eimajyelmrog.

ty to anyone who cna help.

I have a similar problem. I made a shop thread and then went to check it out on poe.xyz.is and it shows my IGN as a different character in another league. Is there some way I can make it show the character I want people to message me on?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info