Hardcore and Alt F4ing

"
MIIKKAAA wrote:
If you used the search function, you'd find a lot of threads on this subject, it has been discussed like thousand times. I'm curious tho, why does logging out to prevent death in hc leagues rub you the wrong way, you don't even play hc? I also don't understand how it ruins hc for you, just don't use it, who cares if other high level players use it? :D

To give you a few reasons: logging out allows us hc players to take way more risks than we otherwise could which is very, very thrilling. Desync is also a huge part of why logging out is needed. Also, to make it clear, logging out isn't 100% reliable, you can still die if you do it with little hp left. Sometimes you don't even have time to log out, you die really fast in this game, especially if you're doing the highest maps with double+ damage mods with not-a-super-tanky character.

"
Obvsinsane wrote:
HC leagues would be empty in a few weeks if they did that. All of those super awesome HC players would be dead.

Salty, salty tears, I love them! You are partially right tho, a lot of people would quit hc leagues, me included most likely.

Pretty simple, its not hardcore. should rename the hardcore league bubbleheart league like the guy above suggested.
Alt+F4 is the man's skill of hardcore
"
Asmosis wrote:

Pretty simple, its not hardcore. should rename the hardcore league bubbleheart league like the guy above suggested.

Should rename hardcore to scrubcore and softcore to uberhardcore so some softcore players don't have to feel inferior ever again.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
you guys realize 30+% of the top 100 in beyond are dead ? so the softcoreplayer conclusion is dude they suck at logging out...seriously ?

this game has insane spike dmg sometimes you cant prepare for if the stars align you will die nothing will safe you not even alt f4 there is one unique which vaal detonates the screen on spawn just to give you an idea how fucking hard beyond can be cowards trial becomes a deathtrap and so on

ghazzy had to die 10 times till he adjusted his softcore playstyle to hc so we have to assume he sucks at alt f4 aswell ?

you see how fucking ridiculous this alt f4 shit is its the only thing sc player bring to the table for 2,5 years now meanwhile the game has been made easier and easier and you guys still die nonstop is this some weird inferiorshit going on ?

blackwood is a joke now with ONE ONE devourer spawn .... ohh shit devourer ohh right there cant be more than one now
it was the only tense area in act2 now it got the sc casual treatment same goes for voidbearer and a shitload of other monster i bet exalts thats magnus will be next
and you guys still cry even after they nerfed the exp penalty
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Oct 4, 2014, 9:46:22 AM
Seriously, these people with smart comments insulting HC by saying just "alt-F4" and equally on the other side insulting SC "soft-core = zero skill" can just pipe the fuck down.

Any of these views are just plain ridiculous. If you don't like it, don't say something stupid.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Oct 4, 2014, 9:46:54 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:
The real question is why a softcore player is so interested in this.

I play both leagues and simply died with my Nemesis hardcore the last time I played hardcore. I like both modes, but prefer Softcore because I have too many games to play to play the same character over and over, and I wont cheat using Alt F4 so I prefer softcore. Same as Hardcore but with less annoyance.
"
kramurz wrote:
They should make it like in D3. That was like the only good thing in D3

yeah and random invisible monster hits that killed you was also a good thing in d3
Since when closing the game client is considered "Cheating" ?
I guess you cheat in every game you play then. Or you dont EVER turn off your PC ?
Btw, last time I checked people had to hit "Esc" then "Change characters" if you want to "insta-quit". ALT f4 is the worst idea if you want to save yourself, simply because after you close the client you are STILL IN THERE for like 1-2 secs. You can do much more IN-game for that 1-2 secs, instead of relying on luck, hoping to survive while quitted but still in the game.
And trust me, will still be doing that even if I was playing SC. Why lose EXP, when you can.... well NOT lose it ?! ... "Be a man and die ?" Naah, thats just called "being retarded", not respecting your own efforts... Now if someone is using like a "Low-life-quit" (like in d3- because someone mentioned it) side software, then you can call the police. Now you're just acting like "I am not cool, i wannabe like the cool kids, but i am too scared, so please screw them, so i can feel better"

For your information HC players invest like 15%-20% in offensive nodes, and everything else is in defense nodes, there are no like "290849023409234 BEST DPS BUILD 1-shot ATziri etc." walkin around on 3k HP with BiS gear showin off DPS. People in here watch over their HP bar maybe more than on actual killing, and most of the time they ain losing more of 50% of their HP. They dont stay while someone is nuking them saying "Hey lets try if I can get that lucky to kill that mob, before he kills me first". Or "Lets stay another 10 secs while this boss is hitting me, i can always ALT f4"
And trust me dude, if any PRO player on HC is dead, its because of:
1. Desync.
2. Shitty INSTANT conditions (like Reflect yourself, when cursed with ele weakness, WHILE hitting.)
3. Burst damage.
(or these 3, combined)

At all three situations your alt f4 ain helpin at all. you are just DEAD. If you die in other situation, you just dont know the game very well, havent analyzed the worst case scenario, or have BIG EGO, and you deserve to die ! I will very much agree with what MiKKAA said

"
MIIKKAAA wrote:
logging out allows us hc players to take way more risks than we otherwise could which is very, very thrilling.

If you still dont get it, he is talking about specific maps, with specific mods in it, not about regular zones of the game. (but I guess you dont know that cause you dont have a char above lvl 60) Last time I checked the only people that die in the regular zones are new to the game players or old ones desyncing.
"
twiztedmind wrote:
Since when closing the game client is considered "Cheating" ?
And trust me, will still be doing that even if I was playing SC. Why lose EXP, when you can.... well NOT lose it ?! ... "Be a man and die ?" Naah, thats just called "being retarded", not respecting your own efforts...

"
twiztedmind wrote:

"
MIIKKAAA wrote:
logging out allows us hc players to take way more risks than we otherwise could which is very, very thrilling.

Same for softcore bro.
Yes i shouldn't have tried that double boss jungle valley with my witch or residence dominus with my 2khp ranger.
Still fun to test the build to to his limits, and to know where to try to improve.
Nothing related to being retarded.

Died ~180 times with my ranger, fixing my build, didn't really bothered me... as long as it's when you level fast and not level 90+...
Just don't bother with people insulting scrubcore players. I know why i play softcore that's all what matters.
It would be pretty trivial for the game client to catch the alt-f4 and let the server know as it exited, allowing the server to take a different action that it would on a silent disconnect, such as toss a timer before actual logout, etc. Lots of programs either intercept or entirely disable alt-f4.

Granted there would still be ways to defeat that, but they would not be as easy to use or implement, and they would be easy to detect.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Oct 6, 2014, 2:14:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info