Hardcore and Alt F4ing

Alt f4 is just another feature of the game, and i think its the main reason of existence of 1shot mechanics

If you get 1shotted you cant log out or altf4, so they guarantee there will be many deaths
"

Same for softcore bro.
Yes i shouldn't have tried that double boss jungle valley with my witch or residence dominus with my 2khp ranger.
Still fun to test the build to to his limits, and to know where to try to improve.
Nothing related to being retarded.

Died ~180 times with my ranger, fixing my build, didn't really bothered me... as long as it's when you level fast and not level 90+...
Just don't bother with people insulting scrubcore players. I know why i play softcore that's all what matters.

I didn't wanted to insult the SC players, I was insulting the OP guy, who is trying to claim that the only difference between SC and HC is how fast your fingers are when trying to delog. And as far as i see his/her characters, he/she has seen like 1/5 of the whole game with all those 40s 50s characters, i doubt he ever been in Merci diff... but instead flaming here in the forums, how people are "cheating".

I am far from the thought that playing HC makes me instantly Pro player, but there is big difference in builds in HC, and those in SC, in playstyle, even in equipment, and the good thing about HC is that you can't see such crying babies like the OP in HC. Except the fact that for me its much more thrilling, thats another reason why I do not play SC.... cause guys like this one.

SC or HC its always a pain to die. The difference between HC and SC is that on HC you analyze the reason of EVERY death, and try to avoid it next time, be prepared, have better reactions. Every death is meaninful ! In SC, its not, you just die, start voer, die again. I can name you all my 5 deaths since i play the game, and the reason for the deaths, and that no char will die from the same again (except desync - cant fight that). I bet you cannot tell me all the 180 Reasons for your deaths, and that is normal, cause you just dont care why you have died, and i am not insulting you, that just how it is on SC, and like in every other game. Its a matter of psyhology. You act one way if you have 1 life, and completly different if you have infinite lifes - the game doesn't matter.
if you alt f4 in hardcore, you should alt f4 life...

why enter a fucking league where you know, you're gonna die due to desync.
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
"
if you alt f4 in hardcore, you should alt f4 life....

This entire thread is so obviously moronic I have been avoiding posting in it. But man, these sort of comments just push that shit right over the edge.

Alt-f4 is close the program people. You want to prevent that? How? The only thing that can be done is copy d3 and put a timer in. (exit/savegame is almost as fast so that would need a timer too - maybe add a timer to portals also right?) Then if you play HC and there is a timer after connection loss your character sits there doing nothing! In PoE that would mean ANY disruption to your connection means one way ticket to ---> STANDARD.

The plain fact is, THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM. I play HC games every day and its very rare when someone alt-f4's out. If you get in the habit of exiting the game when things get rough then you will be in a world of hurt when you reach maps, people won’t invite you back or you will be waiting on the bench because all the portals are used.

The VERY few times I hit alt-f4 when I made a big mistake, it was too late. Death in this game comes excessively fast and often unexpected. Good players will learn to deal with tight situations instead of trying to exit the game - they will get better, cowards who exit will not.

"
why enter a fucking league where you know, you're gonna die due to desync.

A fucking league that is actually respectable where skill is required you mean? I'll take the risk any day thanks.
Using real life means to beat a computer game is just lame. The only time when it's acceptable is when that game has real life issues itself, like freezes, lags or desync.
I got really good at using Save + Exit on Diablo 2. I consider it a skill, especially considering how easy it is to hit the wrong keys in panic mode. In fact, one of my buddies killed his 74 Beyond guy because he panicked. It was great.

Anyone who has a problem with Alt+F4ing has the opportunity to never use it. But like many others have said, it's more personal preference and the game would be way worse if they had a timer on disconnecting.

Also, if you have to resort to frequent use of this function, you're never going to be able to compete in races or keep up with those of us who don't need to use it often, so even there, it's not like it really is abusable.

Just my thoughts.
Team Won
We can argue all we want about ethics, but in the heat of the moment, it's between feeling a bit guilty and seeing dozens of hours of play go up in smoke. To me, that isn't much of a choice.
"

A fucking league that is actually respectable where skill is required you mean? I'll take the risk any day thanks.

Hardcore takes no skill m8 just alt-f4 your way up to level 100 in no time :^)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"

lol
HALT-F4
HAIL SATAN!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info