Hardcore and Alt F4ing

Hi,

I was just wondering if it will be "fixed" or it will be left as is? Right now in Hardcore leagues, people simply alt F4 at the last minute instead of dying. This remove the whole point of Hardcore mode for me, since the high levels are just people quick enough to activate a macro before dying. It's an unofficial Bubbleheart skill.

I heard many times people saying that the devs intended it to be that way and confirmed that it's how it's suppose to be, so I was wondering.

If it's truly a part of the "gameplay" then why isnt there a "Teleport to town + Reset map" skill?
They should make it like in D3. That was like the only good thing in D3
Alt+f4 is a windows command, not a game command. All the server knows is that you suddenly disconnected. "Fixing" alt+f4 means delaying when characters become safe on the server after a disconnect. This will result in a lot more deaths due to other kinds of disconnections. GGG wants people with bad connections to still be able to play, but the side effect is altf4 can be used to escape death. They actually accept this and account for it in game design.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
mucker wrote:
Alt+f4 is a windows command, not a game command. All the server knows is that you suddenly disconnected. "Fixing" alt+f4 means delaying when characters become safe on the server after a disconnect. This will result in a lot more deaths due to other kinds of disconnections. GGG wants people with bad connections to still be able to play, but the side effect is altf4 can be used to escape death. They actually accept this and account for it in game design.

This. I'd much rather have people be able to do it intentionally than die when I disconnect.
HC leagues would be empty in a few weeks if they did that. All of those super awesome HC players would be dead.
PoE is an online only game so any kind of timer would be horrible for hardcore leagues. Disconnections, sudden server issues and PC crashes are all realities of online only games.
love it op has no hc char at all whatever i wont bite

cant even remember when i alt f4 the last time
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Oct 3, 2014, 6:29:35 PM
If you used the search function, you'd find a lot of threads on this subject, it has been discussed like thousand times. I'm curious tho, why does logging out to prevent death in hc leagues rub you the wrong way, you don't even play hc? I also don't understand how it ruins hc for you, just don't use it, who cares if other high level players use it? :D

To give you a few reasons: logging out allows us hc players to take way more risks than we otherwise could which is very, very thrilling. Desync is also a huge part of why logging out is needed. Also, to make it clear, logging out isn't 100% reliable, you can still die if you do it with little hp left. Sometimes you don't even have time to log out, you die really fast in this game, especially if you're doing the highest maps with double+ damage mods with not-a-super-tanky character.

"
Obvsinsane wrote:
HC leagues would be empty in a few weeks if they did that. All of those super awesome HC players would be dead.

Salty, salty tears, I love them! You are partially right tho, a lot of people would quit hc leagues, me included most likely.
Last edited by MIIKKAAA on Oct 3, 2014, 9:16:57 PM
The real question is why a softcore player is so interested in this.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I do not care if there is a timer or not.
Never did it, never will do it.
You stay alive or you die in Honour surrounded by enemies. its as simple as it can be.

But we need to understand the softcoreplayers.
They are bored to hell and thats why they are flooding the forums with such threads.

"
Obvsinsane wrote:

bwahahaha
we have about 30 PPL in our Clan and about 2-3! are using altf4 as an option.
Bad Rate eh?
Yes there are actually People surviving without af4, its a miracle! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info