Hardcore and Alt F4ing

Quote from Chris on reddit:

"
Alt+F4 is the same as logging out. In non-cutthroat leagues, it drops you instantly.

Last edited by Jojas on Oct 8, 2014, 7:59:46 AM
Just FYI GGG cannot disable a windows command.

Alt + f4 is not a POE client command, it is a windows kill program command, they can't "fix" it.

The only thing they could do would be to make your character stay in the game longer but that would be more detrimental then it would be helpful because many people have poor quality internet or power outages an punishing them for thing that are not their fault would drive many people away.

May I ask you a question though:

Hoes does the fact that complete strangers to you exit their video game affect you in any way at all?

The bottom line is, enjoy your video game how you want to enjoy it.

Want to play hardcore? Then play it.

Want to never exit the game? Then don't.

Want to play standard? Then play it.

Being bothered by how other people do things that have no affect on you whatsoever, especially a video game, is pretty silly. Just enjoy your video game.
Last edited by whoismiked on Oct 8, 2014, 8:02:08 AM
If you ask me, it doesn't bother me, I just have an opinion on more or less everything.
"
Jojas wrote:

"
Alt+F4 is the same as logging out. In non-cutthroat leagues, it drops you instantly.

Only that it is not !
Your game client closes instantly ! - Thats how your operating system reacts.
THEN that packets of information are sent to the GGG server (saying game client is closed), and YES - THEN it drops you instantly.
But these 2 thigs are not the very same ! and don't happen simultaneously at the very same moment of clicking ALTf4. That is why I told you - TEST IT !
And seriously even without testing it yourself you should be really naive (not say retarded), to even think that those 2 things happen simultaneously (instantly) when talking about an online game.
Or i guess your English is just weak and you don't quite understand the meaning of the word "INSTANT".
Last edited by twiztedmind on Oct 8, 2014, 9:29:25 AM
Why do you want that ? Can someone explain me why they want things that don't concern them ? I play a bit HC, the alt f4 is used by some players, and so what ?
"
twiztedmind wrote:
"
Jojas wrote:

"

Only that it is not !
Your game client closes instantly ! - Thats how your operating system reacts.
THEN that packets of information are sent to the GGG server (saying game client is closed), and YES - THEN it drops you instantly.
But these 2 thigs are not the very same ! and don't happen simultaneously at the very same moment of clicking ALTf4. That is why I told you - TEST IT !
And seriously even without testing it yourself you should be really naive (not say retarded), to even think that those 2 things happen simultaneously (instantly) when talking about an online game.
Or i guess your English is just weak and you don't quite understand the meaning of the word "INSTANT".

Are you talking to me or Chris here? What with being retarded and all?

"And seriously even without testing it yourself you should be really naive (not say retarded), to even think that those 2 things happen simultaneously (instantly) when talking about an online game."

You see the name "Chris" in here ?! ... a see only the word "YOU"

Chris is not wrong.
That is why i decided to explain why, but seems like you dont like thinking as a whole.
Seriously, are you that stupid, or you just act like one for your convenience ?!

Last edited by twiztedmind on Oct 9, 2014, 3:15:00 AM
But, you see, that quote was not mine but Chris'. It goes without saying that what he meant was "as instantly as it can get", i.e. there is no artificial delay, and any delay there is is due to lag, etc. Oh no, wait, it doesn't. There is always some nitpicker who must take everything as literal as it can get. Oh, well.

e: Just so you understand, it was you who said alt+f4 is "not instant", implying some general sort of delay. But, in fact, there isn't. It's up to the connection, circumstances and luck, thus it can vary greatly, from a fraction of a tiny fraction of a second - having no consequences at all - to - under very bad circumstances - a few seconds or more.
Last edited by Jojas on Oct 9, 2014, 4:08:08 AM
"
Jojas wrote:
But, you see, that quote was not mine but Chris'. It goes without saying that what he meant was "as instantly as it can get", i.e. there is no artificial delay, and any delay there is is due to lag, etc. Oh no, wait, it doesn't. There is always some nitpicker who must take everything as literal as it can get. Oh, well.

e: Just so you understand, it was you who said alt+f4 is "not instant", implying some general sort of delay. But, in fact, there isn't. It's up to the connection, circumstances and luck, thus it can vary greatly, from a fraction of a tiny fraction of a second - having no consequences at all - to - under very bad circumstances - a few seconds or more.

I have never stated, that the delay is artificial, made on purposse by GGG. And frankly i don't really care, about the reasons. And yes, I am taking it literal, cause when you click "ALTf4" BEFORE seeing the "ressurect" Button on your screen, then log in the game, and see your character in Standart, it means the quitting is NOT instant. Deosn't matter if its my provider, or the response from GGG server. Seriously noone cares who says what, when you log out alive, but you find out you are dead. And even if the delay is 0.00000001 sec, if it is enough to get you killed, then thats NOT instant. All that matters is the final result ! everything else is BLA, but please dont give the crap that once I click ALTF4 I am safe. Just make a new char go to the beach, let the chick fire rain on you, quit on low health, do it like 20-30 times, and let me know if you still feel the ALT4-ing instant... then talk to me whats the difference between Chris words, and how things are actually happening around here.
Neither did I ever say it was instant nor did I say you were safe once you use it. Where did you get that from?

All I did is counter your "It is not instant" with Chris' "It is".

Now, you've been quite an asshole with your "retarded" and "stupid" and whatnot. Don't know what your problem is here, I can only guess that I am just a scapegoat here for your frustrations.

Nevertheless, the reasons why I brought up this quote is this: There was a time one or two years ago, when some people adamantly believed that there actually is an intended delay and were very verbal about it. The way you phrased it, it seemed that you believed the same thing.
So I thought, the best I could do is give you a quote from Chris, so as to stop that nonsense. I didn't for once consider that you might actually take that literally and try to explain the internet to me. My fault, I guess.

I hope that clears that up, and we can stop this moronic discussion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info