[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:

Plenty of people have said the labyrinth is a breeze with this build and that's my experience as well.

Edit, I assume you are talking about Izaro, if you are getting hurt by traps that would just mean you need more practice avoiding them as they are not meant to hurt you if it's played correctly.

You were right, I read about Izaro and all his tricks and I also switched to Earthquake as a main skill and it really was a walk in the park, thanks.
I wanted to ask, regarding the end game gear, which type of gloves should I be looking for, ones that have a maximum of 2 suffixes so Haku will put the 3rd 2% block chance suffix or it doesn't matter?
"
Messiah_sin_x wrote:
I wanted to ask, regarding the end game gear, which type of gloves should I be looking for, ones that have a maximum of 2 suffixes so Haku will put the 3rd 2% block chance suffix or it doesn't matter?

It could matter if you need 2% block, say if your stone of lazhwar is not corrupted. As to which option is better, probably another resist instead of the block on the gloves, could be handy. As to expense, usually the corrupted amulet is less expensive than gloves with good physical damage, attack speed, life and multiple resists. If you are very lucky, you might find gloves like mine:

As you can see, they have only one resist. With earthquake, you might also shop for gloves with a high roll physical but no attack speed as that mod is questionable for earthquake although is does make the tooltip go up quite a bit, it would depend on the break point for the earthquake delay. After all, you want the shock waves to go off rather than 'over writing' that with another basic attack. It gets too technical, really.
Hello, so I'm almost done with my end game gear and I'd like to ask you for some advice,( if you could also look at my character).

I have 65% block chance and I don't know where I will get the other 10%, what are the options?

I'd like to change the gloves, to get better ones to max my resistances.

Also I switched back to Static Strike because after I equipped Doryani's I got a massive attack speed increase and it felt wrong to still use Earthquake.

I am still using the Decoy Totem, without it I wouldn't have completed the game, the bosses were dealing too much damage. Do you think that after I max the resistances and the block chance I will be tanky enough to replace it with the curses?

EDIT: Nvm, I figured that I'm missing 5% block from the skill tree, 3% is from tempest shield so there's only 2% left to fulfill
Last edited by Messiah_sin_x on Aug 4, 2016, 11:45:40 PM
"
Messiah_sin_x wrote:
Hello, so I'm almost done with my end game gear and I'd like to ask you for some advice,( if you could also look at my character).

Not much life on gear yet.

Belt can have 90+ life.

Ring, you can at least Elreon master craft some life on that.

Can get gloves with 80+ life and x-xx physical damage for not too much.

4 socket the gloves and put enfeeble on there which you will manually cast if you must keep the decoy (not necessary at all in my experience). Of course the setup I have adds DPS.

Get an arziri's promise ASAP. And use it. A lot.

Get resists from jewels, the damage mods there are minor at best.

Then save up for a 2 block lazhwar and lion's roar.

Keep at it.

hey so I did made some progress but I wanted to ask how can I level up faster, it became so hard right now, how do you generally do maps and which ones. I tried corrupting some stones of lazwhar but so far I have failed 7. Is that Lion's Roar so important, it's kinda expensive.

Oh I also got your playstyle, you just go ham into the enemies and strike them untill they are dead or you are dead. Atziri's promise is there to make sure I never die. Pretty effective though I like it.
"
Messiah_sin_x wrote:
hey so I did made some progress but I wanted to ask how can I level up faster, it became so hard right now, how do you generally do maps and which ones. I tried corrupting some stones of lazwhar but so far I have failed 7. Is that Lion's Roar so important, it's kinda expensive.

It's less costly overall to just buy the corruption you want rather than trying your luck. There are too many possible corruptions. It only costs like 5 chaos.

You can add a Lion's Roar after you do the chaos recipe 3-5 times.

In case you didn't know, you can save dropped un-id rares with quality (use your whetstones and scraps to max 'em) and rings / amulets over ilevel 60 and get 3 chaos a set from the vendors. I can usually do 2-3 full sets per night of mapping. A bow or two-hander, a chest, boots, gloves, helm need the quality, the rings and amulet and belt don't.

I shield charge into a pack, fortify goes up, earthquake 'till they all drop, shield charge to the next pack, repeat. It's very efficient.

Just do all the maps that drop, pushing up into higher tier as you can. Once the area level is over 74 or so you will start finding stuff for the regal recipe instead of the chaos recipe, which may be a good thing or a bad thing as most items are priced in chaos. You can always exchange currencies with someone, or some sellers may take regals for the item.

Maybe this is your first character, but path of exile leveling is meant to get slower as you level up. Here's the chart that shows how much experience is needed per level.

Last edited by Sovyn on Aug 6, 2016, 1:59:31 PM
Hey there my friend :) i am new in the game and i was wondering if the build you posted is the one in the first page or it is updated in another page? Seems so detailed and well made! Thanks for your work mate! Much appreciated!
"
SliThaR1990 wrote:
Hey there my friend :) i am new in the game and i was wondering if the build you posted is the one in the first page or it is updated in another page? Seems so detailed and well made! Thanks for your work mate! Much appreciated!

First page is current. Let me know here if you have any questions not addressed in the guide.
Hi Sovyn and thanks again for this great guide and build. It is my first character so I decided to do my own build in the beginning. When I realised, how easy and viable is your build, I spent a lot of regrets and now I am almost there. Today I realised that I bought a legacy BotR for 1alch. Although I am not satisfied with the life it offers, my spell block went from 67 to 71. From the tree I still dont have Weapon artistry. Do you think is worth it? Which block nodes should change then? I would appreciate if you give a look.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info