[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Skywalkerfx wrote:
Maybe the 120% spell block is kicking in from the Daresso's Courage?

That only works at low life, which you should almost never be. Maybe your armour is too little. With my recommended shield, you get quite a bit.
I'm running low spell block (10%) as I'm only using the blocking jewel.

I use a 5 linked Daresso's Defiance which has over 1000 armor and 800 evasion so I'm not missing out by not using the Lioneye's. Thing is I hate low movement speed and I don't want the 5% movement penalty from that shield. I do have a really nice rare shield with 800 armor, 29% block, resists and high life which I will probably switch in soon.

I realize I'm making choices that are contrary to your guide - hopefully it will all work out as I keep leveling.

Thanks for your patience and your answers.

"
Skywalkerfx wrote:
I use a 5 linked Daresso's Defiance which has over 1000 armor and 800 evasion so I'm not missing out by not using the Lioneye's.

It doesn't work like that with this build as the 'defenses from equipped shield' nodes only use your shield, not the body armour. It's like having 400% armour nodes for just your shield. So, yeah, it's wasted. Not that armour is a big deal or anything. But I'd suggest at least 10K as a basic. 75% elemental resists of course. I like max (or 70 if poor is just fine) spell block too, it's great. Makes a huge difference.

This is what I'm running now. Just picked up the Abyssus and switched in the rare shield. Also using
with 4 power charges I'm hoping for a really nice boost in DPS.

I realize the 50% increased physical taken on the Abyssus isn't good but I'm hoping the buff from the stone golem can offset some of it.

"
Skywalkerfx wrote:
I realize the 50% increased physical taken on the Abyssus isn't good

You got it right there.

BoR is so much better.

20-30 physical. 6 block. endurance charges. Can use blood rage. Life.
Not to come off harsh on your gear choices, because PoE is a very individualized game and preferences play a big role, but Sovyn has min maxed this build repeatedly over many patches. Your choices are certainly not bad, but they pale in comparison to what he's put into the guide. I struggle with it myself - I really want to use my Aegis and a 6L Saintly mail, basically just because I like the idea of it... but it's so hard to offset the benefits of BoR in an effective way. The man has done his homework.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
Last edited by Khavali on Jul 30, 2016, 6:16:13 PM
Hey I really like using the Decoy Totem, helps a lot to distract the enemies for a few seconds and I was wondering how can I make it better
"
Messiah_sin_x wrote:
Hey I really like using the Decoy Totem, helps a lot to distract the enemies for a few seconds and I was wondering how can I make it better

Since the totem gains life with quality and levels, that's one way to improve it. I wouldn't bother with increased duration since 8 seconds is already more than it would withstand under normal mapping incoming damage levels. The increased aoe gem might be useful in order to taunt monsters in a larger radius. Perhaps the Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance Support. That's a 3-link already.
It's a great guide, the huge attack speed and the brute force with which you strike feel so good, also the tempest shield and molten shell look amazing. You feel like the chosen of god. :D
Anyway I'm having some troubles at the labyrinth on cruel, I have level 60, I got the rings, amulet and sash that you use and some level 50-ish gear that you recommended and I can't beat it. The dps is there but the tankiness is not.
Last edited by Messiah_sin_x on Aug 2, 2016, 8:44:16 AM
"
Messiah_sin_x wrote:
I have level 60, I got the rings, amulet and sash that you use and some level 50-ish gear that you recommended and I can't beat it. The dps is there but the tankiness is not.

Plenty of people have said the labyrinth is a breeze with this build and that's my experience as well.

Link your gear by clicking on the character icon in the upper right while composing a message. You can then click each piece of gear and a link will appear on the message.

Or, you can set your characters to public in the forum settings.

One thing to keep in mind is that with good DPS you win before you have a chance to take damage.

Edit, I assume you are talking about Izaro, if you are getting hurt by traps that would just mean you need more practice avoiding them as they are not meant to hurt you if it's played correctly.
Last edited by Sovyn on Aug 2, 2016, 12:49:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info