[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Tried this now with my Inquisitor. Feels god and for me it´s pretty funny. but there is one big problem: chaos damage. how do you deal with that?
"
Lullus wrote:
Tried this now with my Inquisitor. Feels god and for me it´s pretty funny. but there is one big problem: chaos damage. how do you deal with that?

Hit Aztiri's Promise and kill it quick. Or, skip it. We do take the best chaos resist node on the tree, so as with any build you can either gear for it or flask.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Lullus wrote:

Hit Aztiri's Promise and kill it quick. Or, skip it. We do take the best chaos resist node on the tree, so as with any build you can either gear for it or flask.

Tried it and feels a lot better. i think i´m just too pampared due to my CoC discharge.

Hello Sovyn,

Because of your good build, I was able to farm the lab and make good currency.

My goal is to buy a mirrored weapon (530pdps) and I am getting closer and closer.

The only problem is there is no high end mace. What do you think would work? Axe?

If you feel like it, you could help me with the passive tree. Plsss

Ty so much for this build I enjoy everyday.
"
Vapala wrote:

My goal is to buy a mirrored weapon (530pdps) and I am getting closer and closer.

It's likely that a mirrored scepter like Corpse Call with its 8.28 crit chance is going to be your best bet. No tree change needed. If you can't get that, Loath Bane is the usual choice on standard. If you get the dagger, I can help you with the tree. Just a few small changes.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Vapala wrote:

It's likely that a mirrored scepter like Corpse Call with its 8.28 crit chance is going to be your best bet. No tree change needed. If you can't get that, Loath Bane is the usual choice on standard. If you get the dagger, I can help you with the tree. Just a few small changes.

Cant find the scepter. Can you pls link it from poe. I've been searching and cant find it.

ty so much
"
Vapala wrote:
Cant find the scepter. Can you pls link it from poe. I've been searching and cant find it.

ty so much

There's usually a couple for sale.

Here's a link.
Before I ask a couple of questions I would just like to say thanks for the guide, very well written and good attention to detail. On to the questions...

I'm wondering where you are getting your high damage numbers. My character is level 82, can put up three frenzy and power charges, has three auras/heralds: ash, hatred and lightning, and maybe I can hit 25K tool tip DPS with a five linked earthquake in my Daresso's - EQ + Less Dur + P to L + WED + Melee Phy. My character is also using Doryani's mace.

None of my jewels are qualitied so that should give things a boost. But on the whole I'm a little stumped by looking at the tree where the DPS doubling is going to come from.

I'm also interested in how much life you have. My character has 4500 life and I think I'm currently at 180% life. You state your character has 146%. That number seems low for a melee character.

My last comment is that I have found it necessary to switch my shield to a Daresso's Courage to get the 120% block recovery. I was getting beat up in maps and my character was feeling slow and clunky and apparently I was suffering a lot of block stun.
Switching to the Daresso's solved all those problems and my character feels very fluid and tanky again. I have not yet taken the large block passives at the bottom of the skill tree and I see there is a lot of block recovery there, so maybe I can switch my shield after grabbing those points.

Thanks again for the guide and I appreciate any insights you might have.

"
Skywalkerfx wrote:

I'm wondering where you are getting your high damage numbers.

I'm also interested in how much life you have. My character has 4500 life and I think I'm currently at 180% life. You state your character has 146%. That number seems low for a melee character.

My last comment is that I have found it necessary to switch my shield to a Daresso's Courage to get the 120% block recovery.

Damage: Atziri's Promise flask and some good damage nodes like Galvanic Hammer. Check when you have all charges, blood rage and the flask going. Also, some flat physical on ring, gloves helps. Edit, Yeah a 5-link chest is not too good, try a bringer of rain, they are almost free.

Life: Max block is equivalent to like 35K life under *most* circumstances. If you avoid the odd chance of getting one-shot, you're fine with not much life. It's just an alternative to path of life nodes (just getting life can actually be fairly squishy...).

Recovery: Not needed on life characters, if you are playing the block animation at all, you're getting too low on life, need to flask more. The block animation is skipped almost always and blocks are 'free'. Only happens if you take a huge hit down to low life, and I never notice it in any case. Must be something else.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 25, 2016, 8:21:29 PM
Thanks for the reply.

As far as I know stun depends on how much life you have. I don't know if I have ever seen a block animation, but this is my first heavy block character I have ran. If you miss the block you can still be stunned, but I haven't seen this character stunned either. Maybe the 120% spell block is kicking in from the Daresso's Courage?

I have a BoR, and will certainly give it a try. In other characters it hasn't given much of a damage boost over a 5 link.

The biggest damage booster I use is an ancestral totem. It gives a really good DPS kick.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info