[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

sry, i did accidantly confused the terms "level" with "upgrade" via Gemcutter Prisms^^
GCP are pricey and i was wondering on which skillgems to sue them first
i obviously level all my gems. (minus those linked to CWDT) :)
of course the best case would be to upgrade the quality of each used gem to the max, but thats not realistic mid term (for me).
(of course i "level" the rest in the secondary slots, just dont wanna waste GCP on them atm)

so basically i was asking which gems to upgrade in quality first, what will benefit my damage output the most?

regarding the map aspect i am aware how to get them, i was more referring to the monsters/bosses they are inhabited by and wanted to ask if there are areas in map tiers you want to dodge because our build does deal with similar tier areas better.

sorry for beeing unclear
Last edited by DrDurdle on Jul 7, 2016, 9:03:08 PM
"
DrDurdle wrote:
first things first: thank you for the detailed guide, it helped me a lot.

i do have some minor questions.
1)which gems to level up?
i am currently running Glacial Hammer-Multistrike-Meele Phys Damage-Weapon Elemental-Added Fire

i might switch to Static Strike later on (or Earthquake), so leveling the obvious, aka your main attack gem might be unwise.
what does give me the most bang for my bucks? is it worth leveling some support gems? hatred/herald of ash auras? the passives (Riposte/Vengeance ect)?
i am kinda lost here.

2)i just finished Merciless Lab (wasnt too tough) and am about to enter Maps to level further.
any advice on what Maps are good for our build (and affordable)?

atm i run a semi MF build and could upgrade some itmes if needed, but i felt like as long as the mobs get killed fast enough, i dont have to right now. (got 27k dps before stuff like blood rage/frenzy charges kick in).
opting to buy a Reckless Defense Jewel, but its kinda pricey, so meh

ty in advance

static strike quality gives a total of 10% increased area of effect
multistrike gives 10% phys dmg
WED gives 10% more ele dmg
melee phys gives 10% more phys dmg
added fire gives 10% more fire dmg

the other main skills you will have to check for yourself what gives the bigger bonus, given the support gem's bonusses, i would do added fire last, and the physical bonusses first. With hatred being based on your physical damage, anything you buff at the physical side, will also increase the effect of your aura, if i am not mistaken. Hope this helps.

-Something in the way
"
DrDurdle wrote:
sry, i did accidantly confused the terms "level" with "upgrade" via Gemcutter Prisms^^

so basically i was asking which gems to upgrade in quality first, what will benefit my damage output the most?

regarding the map aspect i am aware how to get them, i was more referring to the monsters/bosses they are inhabited by and wanted to ask if there are areas in map tiers you want to dodge because our build does deal with similar tier areas better.

sorry for beeing unclear

I wouldn't use GCP directly on your gems. It's actually pretty much always better to just trade your GCP for 20 quality gems. Instead I do the nearly free approach and level them to 20 and use the vendor recipe (1 GCP + level 20 gem) to get my quality gems and then re-level them. The experience required is somewhat trivial assuming you are going to level up into the 90s. None of the gems will make much difference getting quality on there. For example, 10% increased melee physical is just like getting one more very minor damage node on the tree. Generally I do the supports on the main attack skill first but it just comes down to whatever gem hits 20 first for the recipe. You might want to get your gem choices done first though. You can just trust me that BoR + my gem selections in current gear section are noticeably better on average than anything else you can put there currently.

In the FAQ I list a few challenging bosses. Most of the rest are pushovers, at least for me.
Hi Sovyn,
I still have my lazy pally build for my first char my templar. Over the years I've seen it evolve and get stronger mainly in damage output. I currently own a 6L tri-armour Atziri's Promise, not switching to the BoR setup yet. Which gems would you suggest to link with Earthquake if I switch from Static Strike?

Tnx again for the help!!!
Last edited by Nashezbaernon on Jul 9, 2016, 4:03:37 PM
"
Nashezbaernon wrote:
Which gems would you suggest to link with Earthquake if I switch from

For 6-link chest:

Earthquake - less duration - melee physical - weapon elemental - physical to lightning - added fire
Quick question about end game - is this build viable for end-game Uber runs and Atziri?

Just hit Cruel in softcore, 0 deaths, really liking the build so far, although now the resistance will start to bite :)
"
Narav wrote:
Quick question about end game - is this build viable for end-game Uber runs and Atziri?

Yes it is.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Narav wrote:

Yes it is.

thanks! And since I didn't say it properly first time round, thanks for the very detailed guide!
Is there really that much of a difference between inquisitor and scion ascendancy in terms of dps?
"
Inscaped wrote:
Is there really that much of a difference between inquisitor and scion ascendancy in terms of dps?

It's going to be a noticeable difference as Scion version is very watered down. They hacked off all the best stuff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info