[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Poulak08 wrote:
Today I realised that I bought a legacy BotR for 1alch. Although I am not satisfied with the life it offers, my spell block went from 67 to 71. From the tree I still dont have Weapon artistry. Do you think is worth it?

If you had a helm and chest with 75 life each, you are tied with your BoR. After you get something with high resists and whatever else you want, you won't do much better in practice, without top of the line rares, and your DPS would be much lower unless you get a 6-link and that's expensive with good mods, along with all 20 quality gems of course. And even then you are short on block and have to dink around with generating endurance charges. BoR takes care of all this and at a very low cost.

Weapon Artistry is good, you'll notice I take it on my own tree (see the final tree in the guide). I did my best to balance the progression builds and I know they work, but it's not going to hurt anything much if you want to go ahead and grab that early.

Looking at your tree, I'd probably go for Retaliation first, it's a lot more damage. I didn't think that Versatility was that good in my testing so I didn't choose it.

Hi again and thank you for your answer and your time. I am sorry for my english, because I meant sth different on my previous message. My original build is with a normal BoTR and 70% block without weapon artistry. Now that I have a legacy BoTR with 15% of block but less life, do you think is worth to equip it and choose some life and armour nodes from the tree because of the extra block? And If i choose the legacy BoTR, which block nodes should I remove from the tree?

As far as retaliation, although I like it, I am planning to remove it and follow your original build, but at the moment I need the dexterity and intelligence it offers for the Doryani. When I reach Aspect of the Lynx, I will change it.
"
Poulak08 wrote:
If i choose the legacy BoTR, which block nodes should I remove from the tree?

Ah, I checked your characters and you had a 6% block BoR equipped. So that where my mistake was. For the 15% legacy BoR you could drop the 10 skill points used in the ranger area but there is a lot of damage there that you may be hard pressed to make up elsewhere. Your best bet would be bone breaker and skull cracking.

my research indicates these base dps values:

aspect of the lynx(2): 2978 dps
weapon artistry(3): 3761 dps

I don't have any numbers for finesse and precise interception which would add quite a bit.

skull cracking+bone breaker(8): 9594 dps

I would guess all total they are very close dps wise, either way. So as you can see, the 5 block from the ranger area is pretty much free, since it's an efficient dps choice anyway.
well I maxed my block chance and I got the quality gems, is there anything else I need to improve on my character, apart from the Lion's Roar, I'll get one when I see it at Zana. My resistances are quite high but not maxed but I see that you use your ring to max elemental resistances and atziri's for the chaos resistance.
"
Messiah_sin_x wrote:
well I maxed my block chance and I got the quality gems, is there anything else I need to improve on my character, apart from the Lion's Roar, I'll get one when I see it at Zana. My resistances are quite high but not maxed but I see that you use your ring to max elemental resistances and atziri's for the chaos resistance.

Replace your two rare skilltree jewels with ones with high resists. No damage mods is fine just focus on resists for now, you can upgrade later. Jewels can have up to 50 points of resists each. Need to have 75 to all three, it's a basic defense.
My first concern was to increase my life, cause at the moment I am 4400 L88, but I guess the damage is another way of survival as well. At the moment, I will continue without the legacy, as I am very satisfied with my current gear and I will study the options! I would like in the future to try and test the Abyssus and Lightning coil build. Thank you again Sovyn for this amazing build and your support!
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Messiah_sin_x wrote:
I wanted to ask, regarding the end game gear, which type of gloves should I be looking for, ones that have a maximum of 2 suffixes so Haku will put the 3rd 2% block chance suffix or it doesn't matter?

It could matter if you need 2% block, say if your stone of lazhwar is not corrupted. As to which option is better, probably another resist instead of the block on the gloves, could be handy. As to expense, usually the corrupted amulet is less expensive than gloves with good physical damage, attack speed, life and multiple resists. If you are very lucky, you might find gloves like mine:

As you can see, they have only one resist. With earthquake, you might also shop for gloves with a high roll physical but no attack speed as that mod is questionable for earthquake although is does make the tooltip go up quite a bit, it would depend on the break point for the earthquake delay. After all, you want the shock waves to go off rather than 'over writing' that with another basic attack. It gets too technical, really.

When it comes to the delay, do you aim to not let your attack rate get faster than the EQ delay, or do you go for multiples of the EQ delay? I'm still a bit fuzzy on the balance for EQ.

Also, great guide. Thanks a bunch for all your work here. Played it to 80 in Warbands as Marauder, currently repurposing a 60-ish templar for it in Standard now, just came back for first time since Ascendancy and am looking forward to the Inquisitor stuff. Also now that I could afford Aegis and Rainbowstride.
Last edited by Sphen on Aug 10, 2016, 10:01:58 AM
"
Sphen wrote:
When it comes to the delay, do you aim to not let your attack rate get faster than the EQ delay, or do you go for multiples of the EQ delay? I'm still a bit fuzzy on the balance for EQ.

The theoretical ideal is to have your 'skill lasts 0.xx seconds' an even multiple of your attack time. Both numbers are listed on the tooltip. I suppose I could tweak the less duration support to get closer to a multiple of my current .25 attack speed (.75 should be doable), but I'm not too worried about it personally and I'm doing great. Of course, more attack speed makes the tooltip dps go up, so you want that too to some extent. Shield charge becomes more zippy also.
I just wanted to say thank you for this build. I first found your guide when I was frustrated after trying to make my own builds. This build allowed me to get up to t15 maps while farming up to t13 very comfortably. The guide itself is probably the most informative guide I have ever read and it's extremely detailed, not only did it help me get a character to end game but it also taught me a lot about how the game works, what stats to look for and how to solve things like mana issues.

Thank you again Sovyn your build made me love this game!
"
Elys25 wrote:
Thank you again Sovyn your build made me love this game!

Awesome!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info